Advise Needed on Milk Powder

marz

Currently my boy is drinking Gain IQ Kid and I thought of switching to Grow. Any mums has any comments on Grow. Thank you

My mom works in NTUC and she said most people buy Pediasure, Enfagrow and Gain IQ.

Btw I'm using Mamex Gold as supplement other than breastfeeding. Anyone's using that? Any feedbacks? Do you think I should change? I forgotten to consult my mom before I bought the formula =(

hi..
how much milk shld a 3 weeks old baby drink..?? i read frm the box of mamex gold it says 2-4 weeks 120ml (6-7 feeds per day) isit too much..?? sometimes she can finish n sometimes she cant.. how do i noe if she is full already..??
n 1-2 mths is 150ml.. (5-6feeds per day)

If you want to calculate, a baby requires approximately 150ml/kg per day of milk. HOWEVER, this varies from baby to baby.
Your baby may not necessarily drink the same amount at each feed so don't worry if he doesn't want to finish a bottle sometimes. Babies usually stop feeding when full.
How to know if your baby is drinking enough?
- pees and poos well... heavy diapers approximately five.
- gaining weight well
i.e.
= Weight gain of 100-200g a week during the first month
= 0.5 to 1 kg per month for the first six months
= An average of 0.5kg per month one year

It is helpful to plot your child's weight on a growth chart available in the health booklet. You'll may need a medical professional to explain the significance of the percentiles to you.

Hi there,

anybody bb drinking Friso Gold 2. my #2 bb is allergic to this milk powder and had to change to HA NAN 2.

Selling friso 2 and friso soy powder at 15% discount

hi joanne:humm ur boy not on solids meh?????4 to 5 times really alot le my girl only drinks twice and 250 ml each time looooo.morning wake up milk and night time b4 sleep
happy.gif

or issit just his growing spurts again ?????

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

Hi Hui Li

I cant send any personal message to you I am looking for Nanny to look after my baby after I go back to work. May I know where you stay? I am staying in Bedok area.

Hi mums

I need to switch to partial FM as I am going back to work. Like to seek your comments on the milk powder selling in stall.

how to see if ur bb is allergic to ther milk powder....my son drinking similac step 1 ..he is 5 weeks old still got the rashes on his face....so is this heat rash? i am thinking of chaning to friso gold as to be inline with taking friso comfort as he got very jialak colic problem....recommended?

Hi, Evie. Yes, I did try Meiji 0-6 month to feed my baby. He likes it very much. The rashes on his face is getting better. I want to buy more but can't find it in Singapore. Does anyone know where to buy?

I've tried Wakodo HaiHai (for baby upto 9mths old). Compared to Similac (my son only had tried this brand), it has much lesser bubbles. I had bulk purchase of Japanese Milk Powder Wakodo from overseas when my son was 1mth old. But later I have enough breast milk, so I want to let go of one carton (8tins). Wakodo is the only Japanese brand found in few Japanese supermarkets here, that's the reason I chose this brand. 850grams/tin, Expiry date: end july 2010.
Can find the relevant info here: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Wakodo-Baby-Food-Milk-Powder-HaiHai-300g-Japan-Original_W0QQitemZ180337066257QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFeeding?hash=item29fced4111&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

Free delivery if buying 4tins and above. Interested, please email me at [email protected]

My baby is about 43 days old . He is on breast milk in the day and Friso Gold at night. So far so good.

Hi poohbee,
My BB also have rashes on his neck after he is back from the hospital. I confirmed that its heat rashes as I on the aircon about 25-27 degree after 2 days the rashes got better. U may want to cool the room where yr BB sleep but not too cold too.

Hi poohbee,

If you baby have colic you might want to get Rid wind(about $6) from Guardian. It helps to reduce wind in baby tummy and it can be taken from as young as newborn. Or you can go see a pediatrician , he might precribe medicine like probotics to help. However, the charges for pediatrician is very high. I pay $100+ to see the doctor as my newborn was crying very badly every night.

Dear all
I am considering to change my baby formula to Goats milk formula as my baby has very heavy breathing. I heard that Goats milk is good for children who have asthma . Can i check if any one is drinking goats milk? And also Enfalac, I heard from a confinement lady that Enfa brand is good . Any advice ?

hi poohbee...
when my baby cried non-stop last week... a fren of mine advice me to feed her with grip water. when i check with my old folks they agree. my granny said, she used to feed us that when we young.

enires,
how do you actually know that your baby has asthma? my sister had goats milk when she was young. she has skin ellergy and couldnt take cow's milk. and up till today, she has stil astmatic.

There is a provsion shop at Blk 150 AMK which sells S26 cheaper than NTUC/ Shop & Save by $2/can - not sure of name of store but there is only 1 provision store - next to coffee shop

Hi, any mummies organizes bulk purchase for Similac 1 (900g) milk powder? I have a pair of twin boys to feed and am looking to save some $$$ in the long run.

Hi aida (naylis_mummy)
I am not sure how to judge if baby has asthma. But my husband say that he used to have a bit of asthma when he is young and his mum let him drink goats milk which warm his body and now he is OK. No sure how true also ... But he strictly cannot take cold water.

Hi aida (naylis_mummy)
I also feed my baby grip water after he is one month. Cause the instruction state one month and above ... so newborn I gave my baby Rid wind.

Back