Anyone to share Baby Foods for 6mths old baby?

Hi Mag,

I didnt know that there is actually yogurt that main for babies..can I just feed the yobaby yogurt + on made fruit puree for him? If yes, perhaps i can buy it from Thomson Plaza and feed directly? For the yoplaint, we can get it at any of the fair price right? i guess can give him a try...Thanks so much for a wonderful tips
happy.gif

Hi Vivian,

U can just feed Yobaby plain yogurt directly to your baby but for added nutrients, u can add in your own fruit/veg puree too.

Baby Yoplait can b found in NTUC/Cold Storage, very easily available.

Just some advice, pls remember to do 4day test for yogurt/cheese as it's a dairy product after all.

Dear Mag,

Ok...so continue to let him eat for 4 days straight right, ok ok thanks!!! The cheese cube/slice is to start at 1 yrs old right?
Thanks again ya..you are so great!!!
happy.gif

Hi Vivian,
Cheese can start now too. I started yogurt when my boi was 8mths & I gave him cheese when he turned 9mths. Remember to buy Kiri Cheese cos that's not too salty so more suitable for babies. 1 cube per serving.

Hi Mag,

Oh cheese also can start now already oh, my boy is turning 9mths in one week time.. so 1 cube of cheese to let him hold and chew at it or i have to melt it and eat with something else?

Vivian,
yes cheese can give already if yogurt no prob. Kiri is very soft & creamy so u can just mash & mix into cereal/pasta. That's wat i normally do. U can also try & feed straight wifout adding anything but if it's too creamy for your boi then u may need to add a few drops of water.

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

Hi Mag, u are so good at baby food! My girl is turning 6 mths soon, reading the past messages excite me, can't wait to give her all the those food... ha.

Hi Mrs. N,

did you try the baby-led weaning method? I'm eagar to find out. Or maybe I should just follow the traditional weaning process?

Karen

Hi Gal.dolphin,

U can get Kiri from all supermarkets under the cheese section. Just look out for the blue rectangular packing. It costs $4+ for 1 box.

Gal.dolphin,

Sometimes it can take up to 10 times b4 our child learns to like the food so dun give up, try again in a day or 2. U can add it into cereal too. I normally mix 1 cube into 1 bowl of cereal for my boy's breakfast.

Hello mummies, invitation to you to register and bring your baby to Petit Bowl's food tasting event on 7th November 09 @ the Central Sky Garden, timing *4 *5 *6.

For babies from 4 months, being solution provider for mummies whom like to feed babies with organic yet fresh meals.

There is a wide range of baby food. To register for event, log onto website www.petitbowl.com Petit Bowl's shop is due to be open end of this year.

Hi mummies, my ger is not keen in driking water too. Drank only 10-20ml each time with struggle.
sad.gif
what can i do to make her drink more?

My ger is also 6.5 mths old and when i feed her porridge,she seems to choke and keep coughing. Whats wrong? We cooked the porridge for 1 hr and though its soft.. its seems chewy to me.. could it be the rice I'm using?

Any advice pls? Thx

My baby 9 mth old. Its normal they drink little at a time. In fact this is the right way of drinking. We adults used to gulp alot in one time is actually wrong lor. If they drink little a time then just keep giving them more times, like in btw cereal.

If they choke on eating, it could be they still getting used to swallowing the solids. Dun worry too much, u need to give your baby time to learn.
happy.gif

I got a bp on Cerals from Korea, you may want to take a look:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3253101.html

I am giving my baby the Porrige range, Gingko and Pumpkin now.

You may also combine orders with Sugr Bubble products. Got baby laundry, cleaners, etc...

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3253099.html

Thanks gr8tstuff. Btw when introducing solid, do u give milk first then solid or the other way round? I always give her solid then milk but some website says give milk then solid. Wats ur thoughts?

Actually I do not find any difference in either way. To me its like some people like to drink soup first then eat their food or eat food first then drink soup.

But maybe some baby prefer to take milk first as to them its their first food. And solid is something new so the milk will satisfy them first, calm their mood then give solid.

hi all mummies here, im trying to learn how to cook fish porridge for my boy wen he turning 6mths old. can i cook the porridge seperately and then steam and puree the fish and then add into the porridge and feed her? will the porridge taste nice since it is cook seperately?

Hi mummies,

Do u ladies buy those mini chopper to make baby food or just use manual grating like the Pigeon Food Maker ?

I am wondering if i shd get 1 to mash or cut those difficult to mash ones....

hi mommies, what do you use to store the homemade purees if your not giving to your baby at one go?

Dear Jeslyn, Firefly and Geberra
As a mummy, we need a complete solution. Above 3 questions are part of the list of Petit Bowl client's previously asked question.
Their problem has been resolved when they purchase our capsules of homemade baby meals.
We go in place of mummies to plan the meals to prepare for their child. We purchased the organic vegetable and grocers, and we clean, cut them before steaming or cooking them into meals. Following which either we puree or finely chop them before we finally seal them while fresh in their capsules and deep freeze. Your cost to purchase the equipments, doing meal and nutrition plannning, spending long hours in the kitchen to cook 6 or more different meals are eliminated.
Mummies' role will be to select a minimum of half or one dozen flavours, bring them home with complimentary dry ice, keep in the freezer till baby is hungry. You only need to warm pop the meals into the sauce pan for 5 mins or microwave in the capsule for 30 sec. Ensure the meal is warm only before serving it to our child. You may also talk to our crew members in our shop in United Square #01-77/78 pertaining to doubts you have.

Hi all,
need some help and advise.
My 9 mth old boy is abt 7.2 kg and has small appetites, gains weight very slowly. Not particulary keen in food in general.

He was on partial EBM and FM till 8 mths and total FM since. His average milk feed is 120 ml ~ 150 ml.
I started to wean him to solids since 6 mths. But he is not keen on solids, so far only willing to take nestle plain rice/ vege flavour cereal (half bowl each time/ sometime less), Dou Hua, Bread and baby crackers.

Have given him pureed sweet pototoes, pumpkin, butternut, bananas, apples, pototoes, porridge, all not keen.
He fuss a lot during feeding by spoon, eats a little then dun wan to open mouth already, creates a lot of mess, wants to grab spoon and bowl etc or rub his eyes / face and pulls his hair during meal. My MIL thinks it is hassle to spoon feed becoz of this and always put watery rice cereal in bottle to feed him (I heard he can drink up to 180 ml and 5 small scoops each time)

Anyone has any advise for me.

How to increase BB appetite so he will eat more and gain weight?

Shd I continue to allow bottle feed of rice cereal so he will consume it and gain weight or insist to let him be spoon feed so I can introduce other solid food which cannot be put into bottle?
I am FTWM. My MIL is not very patient type. If BB fusses during feeding she will stop the feeding session.

hi little sunny side, i went to a seminar about weaning and the speaker advised not to put semi solids into the bottle else baby will not learn to eat from a spoon. maybe u can try doing the spoon feeding way in the evening when you are home. Best is to do so on weekends when you usually is in a relaxed mood. They themselves are struggling to learn a new skill and if they can sense our tension or frustration, it will make it tougher.

i started solids for dinner (though preferably the professional advice will be for morning/early afternoon) but at least dinner i can be the one to manage instead of my caregiver.
Initially, bb also don't like and not used to eating from a spoon. You just have to perserve and be patient and feeding is usually very slow.

i also noticed that initally the texture is not easy enough for bb to swallow and she will refuse. try to make it more "runny" and "yoghurt-like texture" for the inital phase until bb is used to it. then can slowly be "lumpier" texture.

not to worry, creating mess and grabbing spoon or bowl is very common. my inital attempts were not very successful, so don't be discouraged.

If still not ok, then better to see doc for professional advice.

All the best!

Hi,
my bb is 5mths now. Going to start him on semi-solids next mth. Heard that Happy Bellies is good. Anyone try before? Other than being organic, wat's its difference between taking happy bellies and nestle cereals? Taste? Kinder to the tummy? Bb is still on total bf, not intending to stop as yet.

Where can I get Happy Bellies? Anyone know where to get them?

Hi Mummyjoy,

My boy was having happy bellies, recommended by his childcare teacher. The smell is nice, fine & smooth textures and the most importantly is not salty.You can get the Happy Bellies from Vitakidz (they have few outlets - Paragon, United Square, The Forum and got other but i cant remember liow) My boi stop cereals liow because he is turning 2 soon..I started this thread on Jan 2009 oh....hehe time flies....

Hi All,
an update of my BB status.
Still nt keen in food except his baby cracker
sad.gif

BB now 11 mths, almost 8 kg. still gaining weight slowly.

But now he is willing to eat via spoon rice & wheat cereal , pumpkin, banana, honeydew, carrots (he likes carrot cut in strips so he can hold and feed himself), brocolli, tofu (he likes) cheese and bread.

hates fish, yogurt, porridge, so I gave him Alphabet pasta and kuay teow instead.

Hi mummies,
My girl just started on solids 1 week ago. She turns 6 months old last week. How many times should i feed her cereal per day? And how big should the serving be?

I gave her 1 tablespoon of cereal mixed with FM during lunch and 2 tablespoons of cereal mixed with FM. Then I will top up with FM - 6oml in case she is not full. For other meals (3 meals), she will take the usual FM of 150ml.

Is this sufficient?

When should I give her fruit puree?

Thanks.

Back