Ameda or medela breast pumps? Which is better? I need help desperatelysob!!

Hi,

Can i know the different btwn Ameda Lactaline pump or Ameda Dual pump?

Anyone can advise me as me keen to get ameda pump...........

TQ~

Hi mums,
I am using Ameda and I like it cuz it is very quiet plus cheaper than Medela. But i am quite concern about this Bpa issue and that Ameda bottles arent Bpa free. Hmmm, I guess if u can afford it, go for Medela.
They are Bpa free. Just my personal opinion.

Hi Josh,
Ameda has produced BPA free bottles

Hi all,
I am selling pre-loved BPA free ameda bottles
Condition is 9.5 out of 10
Do PM me if u r keen.
Thanks!

Hi Josh,

Yes, the lactaline comes with non BPA free bottles. I actually bought the BPA free Ameda bottles separately. They fit the lactaline funnels.

where can i get the ameda breast pumps?

how much is the retail px?

wat is a BPA free bottles?

can anyone compare ameda, medala and avent electric breast pumps?

Hi Jan Jan,

I last bot from Moms in mind at abt $368
U can get from robinson/cheong choon store or moms in mind...now GSS, they should have some discount

You can read abt BPA info from here:
http://www.bisphenolafree.org/

I personally prefer ameda becos i am expressing milk at work and its hygenic system prevent contamination from environment bateria. It is also the most economical dual pump compared to medela and avent dual pump

is it better to buy the breastpump before delivery of bb? will it b too late to buy it after delivery? i am still wondering if i shd get it now or wait later.

does ameda pumps have one year warranty? fr the day of purchase?

jan_jan: from my experience, i think it is better to buy after delivery if you are ok to go out during the confinement period.

during hospital stay, you can get to borrow a set from them to try out how the pumping is and use the set until discharge.

then after discharge, you can make an appointment with the breastfeeding support group to try out all the breast pumps available there to see which breast pump fits you better, as it seems there are differences in which pump suits us best. for me ameda suits me better than medela. i thought i have v little supply until i have engorgement (cos for me medela was unable to pump out milk efficiently) and was recommended to buy ameda by a massage lady whom helped me to clear the engorgement.

after you have tried the breast pump then you can get to invest in a set which fits you rather than waste $$$ on something that din work for you.

grace,

do we hv to pay the hospital to rent the breastpumps?

wat abt the brestfeeding support grp? will they come to my hse n let me try? payable? if we dun buy after trying, can?

i heard lots of positive feedback on ameda, so i think whether or not jz go for it or wait...

still cant decide...

hi jan_jan: i dont rem paying for the usage of breast pump. but you can check with the hospital.
i was at gleneagles and they are using medela. my first pump before the supply comes in is only 10ml.

you can call the breastfeeding support group to see if they charge for trying of the pumps. i dont think they will come to your house, and it should be ok if you dont buy from them. you can go try and then source for the cheapest supplier / 2nd hand one.

that time i din know abt the breastfeeding support group, so i rent ameda from moms-in-mind to try, cost me $20. they will deliver to your house to let you try.

Hi Jan Jan,

I know of Pump rentals where you can rent for short term use.

If you interested, you can PM me.
Thanks.

Hi Amiyo,
I have used an ameda and Medela breast pump and both serve me very well
happy.gif

I have just stop nursing my boy and have a Medela that is still in very good working condition to let go at $230 if you are keen. Slightly neg if you are really keen.
Can email me if you are keen... [email protected]

Hi mummies,
so many comments, I dunno where to start from. Im just starting to learn more about breast pumps. I am looking for a quiet, electric pump, possibly hands free. My boobies are big, and as I read some mummies commented that certain brands / models can be painful for mummies with big boobs.. hope someone can recommend me. Theres so many brands out there. Thanks in advance!
happy.gif

Hi, I'm a 1st time MTB and am interested in Medela breast pumps. Any comments on which Medela range works better? Medela PIS Advanced or Medela Freestyle?

Definitely the PIS Advance which is stronger compared to freestyle. It only takes 15-20mins to fully empty your breast. I have just recently stopped breast feeding and wanting to sell off my PIS. It's still under warranty for another 2months to go. If you are keen, you can SMS or call me at 91081234

Pump In Style® Advanced - On-the-go Tote

Pump In Style Advanced is a daily use breastpump designed for moms who pump several times a day. All Pump In Style Advanced breastpumps offer portable convenience for quiet, discreet pumping anywhere. The On-the-go Tote features an integrated pump for portable convenience

I have just stop nursing my gal and have the above pump that is still in very good working condition to let go at $250 if you are keen. Slightly neg if you are really keen.
Can call or PM me if you are keen...90058966

Medela BPA Free Breast Milk Bottle Set - 8 oz. (3bottles)

The Medela Breast Milk Bottle Set is designed to retain the beneficial properties of breast milk while offering maximum versatility. The set includes three bottles, three nipples, three collars, three solid lids and three travel caps. The bottles are compatible with all Medela breast pumps, allowing you to pump, store and feed with one bottle, and the easy-to-read volume marks are in both ounces and milliliters. Each of the BPA-free silicone nipples features a wide-base, medium-flow design that is ideal for transitioning from breast-feeding to bottle-feeding. The bottles are microwave and dishwasher safe, while the travel caps keep the nipples clean when storing or traveling.

Selling at $35 as I have got extra set
happy.gif

SMS 90023236 for faster deal
happy.gif

i have a Medela Pump In Style to rent out.
This is the old model and ideal for people who were not sure and wish to try it out.

it comes with the following:
2 x 24 mm PersonalFit breastshields
2 x PersonalFit breastshield connectors
2 x valves and membranes
1 x Power cord adaptor
1 x Battery pack (8 AA batteries not included)
2 tubings
**pls note that bottles and on-the-go bag will not be included**

rental fees:
1 week - $25
2 weeks - $40
1 month - $60

- a refundable deposit of $50 is required.
- self-collection at Sembawang MRT / Sun Plaza

pls whatsapp / sms to 9879 5299 for fast deal
happy.gif

Hi im interested at buying breast pump. I don't mind second hand but I need to know how old it is and what it will come with.. are there unused storage bottles? etc? cuz I need to calculate extra cost after buying pump if necessary for storage. Thanks.

Hi there. Thinking of getting an electric breast pump. But I realise that its not cheap! options: Medela Freestyle, Medela Pump in Style, Avent double pump, Ameda double pump. Need advise as which to get. Also, thinking of purchasing online from the US, but concerned with warranty and AC power issues, since its 110v there. Anyone with experience in this? Appreciate any advice! Many thanks

Ardo Calypso dual pump - want to sell.. ;p
recommended brand by hospital..
price $280 whole set with 5 bottles (nego).. bought it at more than $500+ used for 3 mths, and kept in storage aft tat..

Hi all,

I have a brand new set of Medela Pump in Style Advanced (backpack, singapore version) for sale at S$580. I received this as a gift but I do not need it. It comes with 1 year warranty (starting from 31/8), including free cleaning and servicing of the pump at Singapore Medela Service Centre. Free purelan 100 (37g) with the pump. Call or SMS 96155333

7486918.jpg

I have a set of pre-loved Ameda breast pump for sale. My friend bought it from US as a gift for me, only use it less than 5 times as most of the time i use my single pump. Still with one year warranty.

No voltage converter is needed, only multi-plug which i will throw in free.

The set consists of;

•(1) Purely Yours Breast Pump motor unit
•(1) Dual HygieniKit Milk Collection System (without BPA and DEHP)
•(1) AC Power Adapter
•(1) Instructions for use

Selling it at $280, retail price in Singapore is $399.

Back