Hanis Montessori Kindergarten

ibu_hakim

Hi, I'm looking for nursery/kindergarten centre for my son. Really hope someone can give feedback regarding Hanis Montessori Kindergarten. Or any other recommendation.

Hi.. I have a girl in Hanis since Nursery. I shd say it's a good foundation for the child.
I am not sure how other kindergartens like PAP and others are doing.. cos the elder sis was in Kinder last 10 years.
The phonics are good. my daughter can start reading books at K1 since I only read to her occasionally before that.
I am not sure abt other children in the sch btw. Due to the theme monthly prog.. she will always talk abt the theme at home,
asking questions when she saw things related to the theme on TV or books.Eg. if this month's theme is abt Milky way.
I gave her an atlas or encyclopedia for kids.. she seems to be very involved to discuss abt planets and solar system, eclipse etc.
asking me a lot of questions abt this. She draws the solar system and label the planet names etc.
The method of teaching is different from the conventional way of Singapore education system but I should say at this age..
she's able to relate what she learnt in school n apply. The way she see things is diff.
I noticed she sometimes generate questions when she draws sketches. But as u know Singapore education system is worksheets..worksheets..so u may want to give her to practise worksheets.

Hi Heart311,
Thank you so much for your insightful feedback about hanis montessori.

My son is currently in playgroup at tumbletots CCK, and it is mainly play based. A lot of music,physical gym, and arts. They also have lots of worksheet from nursery onwards.

I heard from a friend montessori school is too lax and they do not learn much. They just do lots and lots of puzzles , and practical things like pouring beans into bowls and buttoning shirt. But from what you say, your daughter is doing very well.
Do you know if hanis montessori have music and songs and physical play as well? Is it true they have excursion every month?

Now, my biggest concern is my son might find it difficult to adjust from a play based environment to montessori one.

Again, I thank you for the feedback. I'll make an appointment with hanis montessori to visit the school.

Hi Hani, do you know about enrichment class for kids that giving a different approach for kids learning?

Back