Any mums bought Baby/Little Einstein DVDs?

Hi there
My baby girl is now 5 months and we started introducing Baby einstein to her since she was 3. I have to say that she has taken very well to it - she loves the music, sound, colors and moving objects and would be so excited each time when she watches (laughing, moving hands, legs, making coo-ing sounds
happy.gif
). I was told by my paediatrician that the baby einstein series provides the necessary stimulation and development for a growing baby as it allows them to relate to colours, pictures (they might not understand now but in later stages, apparently they can relate to what they see) and sound. I have the Stage 1 series with me now and they use classical music for all of the episodes - according to research classical music is supposed to be good for baby's development but i am not sure how true this is? Have you tried introducing the DVDs to your baby?

my 4yo boy & 16mth old gal watch little einstein together. they appreciate at different level due to their age difference. my boy can relate to the adventure and pick up English vocab along the way. he can follow the instructions given by Leo & co. my gal will follow her brother on the clapping and pick up rhythm. can't see the impact yet

I started to let my BB watch it since he was 3 mths until now he is mths but still he don't seem to get attracted with it. I also found the program too boring and moving object extremely slow. Maybe it was purposely design for BB to learn but my boy just don't like it. However I do hear my fren giving good comments so i guess it is case by case.

Hi, i started letting my ds watch it since he was 4 mths old and he doesnt seems to like it. he watch it for 5 mins and then started fussing. i watched it too and I would have to say, its sooooo boring.

yeah, I agree it's a bit slow but my baby seems to enjoy watching it. So far, he has seen it twice and seems to be enjoying it

personally i love d music, puppets etc but i dont like that it's slow & there's always a 'black' interval which my son got distracted.

Back