Advice to Parents whose children are going to Pri 1

Apologies to augustmum! The accolades were meant for you haha. I too have sacrificed my job for my kids. Too tired to be anywhere close to being fun and creative otherwise.

Catharine, hang in there. Know moms who did not do anything until P1 then struggled to supervise and teach and still did very well. Good luck!

Hi Mommies

Thank you for keeping the thread alive!
I'm so sorry for disappearing for ages. I've been up to my neck with work! Last year there was a new principal, so new goals, new pressure! I'm surprised I'm still in one piece! Ha ha....

Anyway, I hope your kids are all doing fine. Actually to teach English for lower primary, start off with a book. Read to them and then ask questions relating to the story and discuss with them any similar experiences they have faced. Also, discuss the more difficult vocab words and make sentences with the words. Encourage them to use the new words in their conversations. Important thing to remember is to make English FUN to learn!

I hope to be able to contribute more in this thread. In the meantime, keep the thread alive! Thank you mommies!

Hugs,
Deborah

Mommies,

I thought of doing a free Holiday English programme for 7 - 8 year olds. Would anyone be keen? I'm just planning things to keep my daughters occupied and so I thought it'd be good to extend this to other children. Would anyone be keen? If the response is good, I'll fix a day. Let me know.

Deborah

Back