(2004/04) April Mummy

Hi, Welcome here, this thread tends to be a bit quiet as most mommy here seldom check anymore, but we do have gathering once in a while.

Basically my boy is just relaxing at home but I intend to change some of his behavior and routines as he have change a lot since he went over my in laws place and I don't really like some of the changes.

Not really, this thread is only active near hols or special occasion. LOL. Guess most of the mommies are either busy with work or their little ones most of the time unlike me.

SO (momof3kids) are you a SAHM or FTWM?

Hi, Angel,

I am SAHM lor..with 3 kids to take care and 1 hubby and 1 sick in lw, so in total, I need to take care 5 person, so, normally no time to take care myself...sigh!!!
what about you??? My girl with lots of problems, like to beat, kick, pinch and scream at younger brother, super slow in eating and needs to feed, refuse to study and learn, wanted to watch tv and play for the whole day, like to pay with saliva, asking for branded toys and accessories....etc..I really dunno how to guide her to a better behaviour girl...headache!!!

So (mumof3kids),

I am also a SAHM, but I only have 1 boy. Lately I need to rotate with my sis to take care of my dad so less time to shop and stuff also.

My boy's main problem I have with him now is , he is a bit loud, hyperactive and at times likes to talk back. As for eating, I guess depending on what food is serve, so at times can be fast, at times super slow.

As for ways to handle your kids, maybe you can borrow or buy some parenting books? AT times when I run out of idea, I also resort to parenting books or parenting forum for help.

hi So n Evon,
Welcome to the thread. Ya this thread is moving very slow. I am a FTWM with a boy 4. Kid nowaday are so good in their words. My son now really like to watch tv and not sudying. Then he will find excuse not to study. But now we tell him no study no tv so he will make sure he do some homework before watching tv.

Hi Angel, this sch holiday me not going for any long trips but will be going Bintan again for 3days.

So when to Meet up again?????

Hi,

Ling, thanks..
My girl don't even wanted to do homework, she doesn't scared anyone of us..always giving excuses...really crake my head on how to educate them....

Hi Evon and So,
Welcome to this thread.

Hi So, Ling,
Our children can really shake hand. Mine is also addicted to TV. Can even tell you (or remind you) what show is showing at wat time. *faint*

Ling,
You want to organise a meet-up?

Maple, me.... hahahah....

Will be quite tough for me till next year.... fully booked for all the weekends already....

Hi, mummies,

Kids are easily addicted to TV programmes...esp the new channel , Okto, from morning to night, with good programmes, but even without it, my kids will always ask to buy those VCDs...they call their idol more than "mummy"...so sad.
my eldest is going K1, but still dunno anything on study, but in tv programmes, she is expect, when can she switch her interest in tv to study???
ha..

So, think slowly lah dun force ur girl if not she lagi dun want to study.......

Think nowadays with kids we must hv lot of patience which most of the time I don't .....

Maybe just let them enjoy their life before being stressful in primary one

Sorry for the late response as something came up in my family so have been busy and no time to log on.

Ling, don't think I am able to have any meet up anytime soon as now is in mourning period for my mom. Maybe next year ba. Sorry.

Yah, my boy is also glue to the tv and those gaming console. I will moderate his timing and give him ample warning and by then, will just confiscate the console or switch off the tv.

Hi, Ling, thanks for advice..
I dun have time to force her actually, but I am pressuring myself as I really unable to do anything but just to worry...

Angel,
Sorry to hear that!! Take care...

So,

Feel tat just let it be lor, as when they go primary school will be very stressful so let that have their childhood....

Tat is how i feel lah...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the mommies and lovely kids
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you and your family!

School holidays is ending soon, are your kids excited about going back to school?

I would like to do a survey here.
1) For kids going for morning session, do they take / skip breakfast b4 going to school?
2) For kids going for morning session, how long do you usually take to get them ready for school (i.e. from wake up time till they're ready to leave home)?

Reason for asking the above is b'cos my child will be attending morning session from next year onwards. I just started adjusting her wake-up time this week, so far so good.
happy.gif

Hi Maple
Jiaxu is in morning session now.
He is taking breakfast b4 going to sch.
45min should be enough to get ready for brush teeth, change clothes, eat breakfast. Jiaxu also quite slow playing around, so my mil keep on shouting quick! quick! late already! what a tough job.. haha..

Wishing all the mommies and their family here a very happy lunar new year and may this year be better than the year before
happy.gif

Cutecute, it has been a long time since we met. I tried to sms you about our gathering but you did not response. So how's everything?

Good Morning to all!
Happy Birthday in advance to all the April children!

Hi Cutecute,
Long time no chat. I din noe that you made a posting to me on 7 Jan. Just saw it. Thanks for sharing.

Btw, is JX celebrating his bd in sch tmr? You celebrating for him at home today? Hope he enjoys his birthday!

Hi April Mummies!
Hope to see our thread come alive again..
happy.gif

Wanna to see if any mummies have apply for PV at any primary schools? It is time to think about PV and we must do it before 30th June 2009..

Time flies..our kids are now 5 and going P1 in 2 yrs time....

joy_apr,

yeah...abt the primary school, that wat i m thinking....i m not sure abt the academic system here leh, cos i m a foreigner, anyone can advice?? any good school ard Hougang ave 9??

regards

joy_apr

yes we started the PV for aitong school this month. in fact, we submitted the application for PV last nov/dec

maybe u shd call to school to check if they still accept PV.

So,

Is Rosyth School near to your place??? tat is a good school...

But registered for PV is it too late???

Our thread seems to go dead....

hi, Ling, yes, it's quite near to Rosyth school, but I am not too sure how to apply, my girl going to P1 on yr 2011, will it be too late???
pls advice me, as i really dun know the system here, and dun know who to ask....thanks

hi, anyone is following this thread???? how you mmummies get ready for ur kid's P1?? i am so scared leh, cos I am foreigner, not familiar with system here, the stupid hubby hor, Singaporean leh, but when ask him , he everything dunno....sickening!!

hi. I think it's too late to apply for pv now. You can try applying the grass roots way if the school falls within the same grc of your house. But that requires more commitment from parents timing.

So,

I think doing PV for your girl is too late.....

You see where is the nearest primary school near to your place.... I think that is the better bet becos i doubt rosyth is within 1km....

Hello Mummies,

How are u ladies getting on???? Do you know that we have hardly chat on the thread anymore then tat day I went to Marche for dinner and was talking to hb and realised that the last time we meet was abt 3 years ago when our kids are only 3 years old....

Time flies...

hi

not sure if any other mommies still log in to this forum...

guess everyone is bz with their kid(s) as our 2004 babies are going to primary 1 real soon.

I still checking on this forum as my younger 1 is now 6 months old...

Back