BP threads stating that some of the profits will go to the Japan Disaster fund

yve501

Dear Moderator / Administrator,

I am not sure if you already know that some BP thread organizers stated in their thread that part of their proceeds will go to the Japan Disaster fund. I would like to bring to your attention that it is illegal to solicit for donations to charity unless if the person or organization registers with the authorities.

Although they are not asking for full donations and only part of the proceeds from their sales be given to charity, I strongly feel that it is not ethical, it is not right to "advertise" by using the Japan Disaster. I am sure a lot of others, like me, will be skeptical about whether the BP organizers do in fact carry out what they have stated in their thread. I am not saying here that all these people are out to cheat. But if they do state so in their thread, they must provide proof that in fact the donation has been given to the said charity.

By writing this to you, I am not targeting at any one person and I sincerely hope that I am not incurring the wrath of anyone. I feel very strongly for the Japan Disaster as I have relatives in Japan. The situation in Japan is a lot worse than what we can see on TV here.

Many thanks.

I strongly agree with the above view.

The intent to help may be sincere but the form it takes requires a closer examination and better accountability. The right things need to be done in the right way.

I strongly urge the administrator to look into this. Thank you.

Me too!! How sure are we that they really give part of the proceeds to the relief fund and how big a part? While there are genuine BP organisers, there can also be dishonest ones hoping to prey on the giving hearts of mummies thru a tactic like this and then pocket all the money as intended profits. I too am not targeting anyone but i think more can be done to prevent a few black sheeps from having their unscrupulous ways. Moderators, please step in, you can advise the BP organisers, check with them any proof or better yet, simply delete those postings with such tactics.

Back