IVF/ICSI Support Group

Does anyone knw if we change hospital for our ivf, do we need to start all over again like going for the counselling. And how long does the Q at SGH like?

suddenly hit with very sharp abdominal pain for the last 40 mins non-stop, took ovidrel jab last night. anyone had similar experience?

Hi Ladies.. this is my first time posting. Just been hanging around reading up stories. I keep telling myself to stay away from these forums because its making me more unsound. I am having mixed reactions, symptoms, and different voices talking to me inside. LOL! So here goes.

Me & DH have been TTC for almost 4 years now. This is our first attempt on ART after at least 3 years of consulting private and KKH. The first diagnosis I received from a pte gynae was that one side of my tube was blocked after a HSG test. We rested quite a while and tried naturally at the same time. Until a year ago, we finally decided to give a try on SO-IUI/IVF treatments at KKH depending on my tube. Did a HSG test, found out both tubes were normal. Dr suggested to try out for SO-IUI and so we did. Started my FSH injection on day 2 of cycle, came back on day 7. Follicles were growing at 11 being the biggest( 4 were active: 2 on left and 2 on right). Went back the next 4 days consecutively with fsh injections until the Friday, 3 March. Follicles were at the optimum size 17, 16.5, 16 & 15 with 11 and triple lining and tested positive on OPK. Was also given the Ovidrel. Went ahead with the procedure on Saturday 4th March. Came in the morning with an obvious sign of mild OHSS even before the insemination. Bloated to the max and breast was sore. Doc was fully aware and went ahead with the procedure still. Nurse told to come back if i had more severe symptoms. First few days after IUI I was experiencing abdo cramps and slight discomforts. Going into the 2nd week, no improvements on the huge belly(look like im 3 mths preggy), but the symptoms are heading in the directions of AF. Typical cramps, gassy, super sore breasts, backpain(as I am typing this now). Forums and articles keep saying that OHSS are good signs if it prolongs. I dont want to have high hopes but I am feeling confused as it is.

I am on 24 days cycle. Next period is due on 17th March.(just 3 days away) BT is given only on 22nd March. Like WTH right. hahaha..

Anyway, anyone have had the same experience and symptoms? Care to share your results too?
How's everything? So far any good news?

Adlina, this is my 3rd cycle and is also negative. I also hope to hear some encouraging stories for the strength to move forward. The next cycle will be fully cash as all the 3 govt subsidy and medisave are utilised.

Sisters,can share those cycle that failed, what reason did Dr gave and what is done next cycle to succeed?

Adlina, this is my 3rd cycle and is also negative. I also hope to hear some encouraging stories for the strength to move forward. The next cycle will be fully cash as all the 3 govt subsidy and medisave are utilised.

Sisters,can share those cycle that failed, what reason did Dr gave and what is done next cycle to succeed?
I succeeded on my 4th. There are no explanation for failed ivf but I suggest seek 2nd opinion from other docs to see if they have other suggestions. That's what I did, after 3rd same old protocol, I changed a caring doc who suggest a different protocol for me and I succeeded.

Hihi, I failed my 1st ivf in Feb. Does anyone knows whether ovulation will be back to normal on the next cycle? While waiting for my next ivf in Jun. I am trying natural to see whether I can hit jackpot or not.. But this week supposed to be ovulating.. But i tested the basal temp... Did not seems to rise... Need some advise..

I succeeded on my 4th. There are no explanation for failed ivf but I suggest seek 2nd opinion from other docs to see if they have other suggestions. That's what I did, after 3rd same old protocol, I changed a caring doc who suggest a different protocol for me and I succeeded.
Where and who were your 2 docs did u see? wow for the 4th time??? haiz....

I also succeeded with dr Roland recently. It's my 1st try with him but 3 previous times from SGH. I really liked him coz he does customization for u, not like some other doc, they just give the same old method over and over again. I was also impressed with Virtus technology. If given a chance, I wouldn't start with SGH from the beginning, but what's over is over. I'm glad I went to Dr Roland, he has a plan for everyone.

She see private doc from virtus fertility Centre.

She see private doc from virtus fertility Centre.
wow.. dr roland seems very good. but his charges must be very expensive.... what are his consultation timing like? you for kkh, the scanning has to be done in the morning.

wow.. dr roland seems very good. but his charges must be very expensive.... what are his consultation timing like? you for kkh, the scanning has to be done in the morning.

Can say prepare 20k for ivf private since they dun hv govt subsidies.

May i know which doc are you with now?

Hihi, I failed my 1st ivf in Feb. Does anyone knows whether ovulation will be back to normal on the next cycle? While waiting for my next ivf in Jun. I am trying natural to see whether I can hit jackpot or not.. But this week supposed to be ovulating.. But i tested the basal temp... Did not seems to rise... Need some advise..

It's possible that your body isn't back to normal due to the medications.

Anyone here experienced multiple failed IVF n finally success? I failed twice and feel very devastated.

I failed 2 fresh (at kkh) and have 1blast and abt 3k + left in Medisave only. Do u have any blasts or embryos left?
I consulted Dr Roland and he asked me to move the 1 blast over fr kk and try for FET: goin to cost abt 4-5k.
If this last round fails, I'll have to fork out all 20k in cash..high stakes but I'm already saving up for it. For me and my hubby, It's frustrating cos besides slight male factor and dr Roland thinks sometimes i don't ovulate, we can't detect any other problem we can fix.

There's also recommendations fr my Thomson tcm for mount E's Dr LC Foong, costs also ard 18-20k. Reviews are good too..he's one of the pioneers of Ivf.

Let's persist, don't give up and hope we get our wishes soon! Jiayou together!!

I failed 2 fresh (at kkh) and have 1blast and abt 3k + left in Medisave only. Do u have any blasts or embryos left?
I consulted Dr Roland and he asked me to move the 1 blast over fr kk and try for FET: goin to cost abt 4-5k.
If this last round fails, I'll have to fork out all 20k in cash..high stakes but I'm already saving up for it. For me and my hubby, It's frustrating cos besides slight male factor and dr Roland thinks sometimes i don't ovulate, we can't detect any other problem we can fix.

There's also recommendations fr my Thomson tcm for mount E's Dr LC Foong, costs also ard 18-20k. Reviews are good too..he's one of the pioneers of Ivf.

Let's persist, don't give up and hope we get our wishes soon! Jiayou together!!

Sorry, I mean Dr LC Foong at Gleneagles, not Mt E.

Anyone here experienced multiple failed IVF n finally success? I failed twice and feel very devastated.

I too, failed 2 fresh and for my fet I got pregnant but ended up in miscarriage. I'm really quite devastate and dishearten too... so I have decided to try a different doctor this time and transfer from kkh to tcm ... hopefully there will be a different outcome this time.
And for my 2 ms fresh I didn't even have any left to freeze

Haiizzzz... Very
I too, failed 2 fresh and for my fet I got pregnant but ended up in miscarriage. I'm really quite devastate and dishearten too... so I have decided to try a different doctor this time and transfer from kkh to tcm ... hopefully there will be a different outcome this time.
And for my 2 ms fresh I didn't even have any left to freeze

Haizzz.. Very devastating right. Worst, $$$ is draining and still no positive outcome. Just when I thought IVF would give a better chance, but it seems that everything is the same. I still have my freeze but since for 2 cycles using the same freeze it failed, dunno whether I shld use again or dispose.

I think it depends on your own body. I did fresh cycle without ET but the very next month I got a textbook cycle so my ovulation came on time and I did my FET.

HL ending soon and BT coming this friday, am afraid of the result. Not very confident that i will bfp..This is my 3rd fresh cycle too. If this round fail no more subsidies for me alr. I left with 1 frozen for fet.
Reading some post which says successful implantation will have slight cramp and spotting and soreness of breast..is it true?? as for me only slight cramp, on and off nothing else already..

Last edited:
HL ending soon and BT coming this friday, am afraid of the result. Not very confident that i will bfp..This is my 3rd fresh cycle too. If this round fail no more subsidies for me alr. I left with 1 frozen for fet.
Reading some post which says successful implantation will have slight cramp and spotting and soreness of breast..is it true?? as for me only slight cramp, on and off nothing else already..

Isnt subsidy is up to 6 times? 3 for Fresh and 3 for Frozen? I am quite clueless abt this subsidy.

Different ppl got different symptoms. I had no spotting nor soreness of breast. The soreness started only a couple of weeks after I got my BFP. But I had on and off cramps that felt a bit like AF coming.

Different ppl got different symptoms. I had no spotting nor soreness of breast. The soreness started only a couple of weeks after I got my BFP. But I had on and off cramps that felt a bit like AF coming.
I see... now my cramp is off an BT this fri.. so kind of feeling negative abt this cycle :(

Alright... Thank you so much. Cause from what I understand we have 3 subsidy each :)
Yup but the cap is still total of 15k for the 3+3. Most pple would have used up by a combi of fresh and froZen by 4th cycle or a combi of iui then Ivf.

Back