2016/07 July babies

I come back home I cry loh. Keep telling her she is going to school ler. Scare she can't sense mommy and not there for her.
Then tmr I must try bottle feed her and find out how much she drinks, her nap time, feeding time. Must spend my remaining leave with her more.

Yes cherish every moment :) As for routine, actually don't worry too much. The nannies/teachers there are experienced enough to catch baby cues. My gal somehow drinks more sleeps more there (well according to the records. Ha unless they anyhow write). And baby Erin is still little...she will easily fit into the class culture in no time. She will be fine!

Wow... that's sound like gd leh. Hopefully baby Erin can adapt there. You prepare extra milk bottles for them or give exact like when at home?

My gal is on fm. I leave 3 bottles there. 2 for milk. 1 for water (smaller hole teat).

You'll need to label everything with Erin name. So I use sticky labels on bottles. For clothes and towels and bibs etc, use marker to write. Some parents embroiders on those fabric.

But all these should be in the guide book. And the teachers should be briefing you anyway prior to starting.

My girl poo everyday and there was a day her poo poo is very hard, though not to the pebble extend. Now better with more water. I'm trying to make her drink125ml of water.

hi all. so glad to find the thread for 2016 july baby :)
my gal refused to latch on these days. any mom have this experience before? i feel so sad when she turn away from my breast and cry like hell when trying to latch on her

my gal refused to latch on these days. any mom have this experience before? i feel so sad when she turn away from my breast and cry like hell when trying to latch on her
Period returning? Change in diet?

@snowfern - how's bubbles after today's jabs?
As always, babbling non-stop, slept a bit, rinse repeat. Temp was mildly elevated until midnight spike at 37.9, gave her panadol, but she just couldn't keep it down, gagged and threw up the two doses. I gave up and hoped some got into her system, wiped her down to 37.

Now she's up and babbling again, dadadee, ehh, yaagaga badada ow. I think she's telling us about the painful jabs XD. 37.5 but I'm waiting for her milk to settle before giving her the panadol again.

As always, babbling non-stop, slept a bit, rinse repeat. Temp was mildly elevated until midnight spike at 37.9, gave her panadol, but she just couldn't keep it down, gagged and threw up the two doses. I gave up and hoped some got into her system, wiped her down to 37.

Now she's up and babbling again, dadadee, ehh, yaagaga badada ow. I think she's telling us about the painful jabs XD. 37.5 but I'm waiting for her milk to settle before giving her the panadol again.

I find it really hard to feed med to baby since they can't seem to swallow or dun want to swallow.

I put the med into the milk n hope they finish all... (not advisable but bopian for me)...

Have not experienced before... usually he rejects but it's one off...

Just this morn he cried at 2am and I tried to latch him and he got so upset. Now that I am awake I think it's becos I offered him the lazy boob (trying to increase output) and he can't get the let down fast enough. Offered a few times he got sooooo upset... gave him an ice teether cos i thot he teething pain. He bite awhile but end up crying out loud... offered again and he could take it...

My conclusion, lazy boob + teething pains... plus tired in the nite?

I find it really hard to feed med to baby since they can't seem to swallow or dun want to swallow.

I put the med into the milk n hope they finish all... (not advisable but bopian for me)...
The nurse told me to aim for the inside cheeks when giving via syringe cos it will auto absorb..last night she swallowed but a few seconds or minutes later I see her tummy like spasm. Then spew. Three times over 2 doses. I think maybe cos I also let her drink a bit of cold barley at same time. Bad move.

This morning tried something different. Used the spoon which I usually give her biogaia with. She recognized and willingly took it until she realized it wasn't biogaia XD. But I distracted her with songs, mimicked taking the meds, made her laugh.

Managed to get ~2ml into her. She did gag and cough a few times, but it stayed down. Then she stood up and aimed her open mouth at my boob, so I gave her milk. While taking a break from milk I tried to give her a bit more panadol, she faster turned her head and clamped down on my boob again lol. Jin funny. Like NOPE MUMMY MY MOUTH IS FULL.

Still 37.8℃ even after wipe down. She's drowsy, don't recall ever seeing her like this before. Trying to latch her to sleep but she's fighting it.

Gonna be another long day.

The nurse told me to aim for the inside cheeks when giving via syringe cos it will auto absorb..last night she swallowed but a few seconds or minutes later I see her tummy like spasm. Then spew. Three times over 2 doses. I think maybe cos I also let her drink a bit of cold barley at same time. Bad move.

This morning tried something different. Used the spoon which I usually give her biogaia with. She recognized and willingly took it until she realized it wasn't biogaia XD. But I distracted her with songs, mimicked taking the meds, made her laugh.

Managed to get ~2ml into her. She did gag and cough a few times, but it stayed down. Then she stood up and aimed her open mouth at my boob, so I gave her milk. While taking a break from milk I tried to give her a bit more panadol, she faster turned her head and clamped down on my boob again lol. Jin funny. Like NOPE MUMMY MY MOUTH IS FULL.

Still 37.8℃ even after wipe down. She's drowsy, don't recall ever seeing her like this before. Trying to latch her to sleep but she's fighting it.

Gonna be another long day.

Then u still want to start BLW tmr ah?

Then u still want to start BLW tmr ah?
Why not? Doubt she will be allergic to avocado and she'll be more than happy to be half naked again lol!!

Why ah, shld I be concerned about anything I just worried about the mess, but that's why do when hubby is around maaaaa lol

Hi Hi, I am back :)

Just to say, this thread has been very interesting to follow and a companion throughout my pregnancy.

Hope we will have a chance to meet someday with the little ones.

Emk jr finally teething .. recently he loves to bite on the teether, so I go n touch on his bottom gum and can feel a hard teeth but never see any white spot leh .. what should I prepare ? Tooth n tooth paste? Oh ya he poo more dark green colour, is it becoz he ate avocado?

Emk jr finally teething .. recently he loves to bite on the teether, so I go n touch on his bottom gum and can feel a hard teeth but never see any white spot leh .. what should I prepare ? Tooth n tooth paste? Oh ya he poo more dark green colour, is it becoz he ate avocado?

You can buy a tooth brush for him. I got a Pigeon stage 1 toothbrush for Ian and just help to brush his 2 teeth. Initially he doesn't like, but subsequently he seems to enjoy. I think it helps because his teeth and gums are itchy. Have no use any toothpaste yet, don't think they will know how to split out. Unless the paste can eat one. HAHA~

For the poo, I think it's related to the avocado. :p

Mine too. No teeth although I read that starting solid will encourage the teeth to come out faster.

@emk my gal had broccoli and also ended up greenish poo. Normal.

I think my gal still has lots to learn on sitting on her own. Still peng sung when I sit her unassisted. Any baby already reached that milestone?

My little one knows how to reach out arms n cry for specific ppl to care her. This is milestone right! Say yes!

Yes that is so @KWL.

Mine reaches her hands to everyone tho hahah.

But I also believe she is starting to recognize/wanting me specifically. At times when she is cranky and is being carried by others, she sees me walk past she will ee ee eh eh eyes glued on me.

Her taobao cheongsums arrived!
472eab2470eb5244d0745d6f003b696c.jpg
e799d78301ac96031b4a03be925fb4b3.jpg

@redvel the cheongsums are so pretty!

My girl is still toothless. But recently she hates cleaning her mouth, so not sure if this is a sign of teething.

I only let my girl try cereal and she likes it. I intend to feed her more varieties of food after her 6-mths vaccinations.

Hurhur that would be fun, @KWL. Oh and these shoes too.

bae53cb8aa6237ab575f15787cba8b3c.jpg

@starview too bad they don't come in my size hehe.

My gal these days cannot sit long on high chair to be fed. Any tips mummies?

Mine too. No teeth although I read that starting solid will encourage the teeth to come out faster.

@emk my gal had broccoli and also ended up greenish poo. Normal.

I think my gal still has lots to learn on sitting on her own. Still peng sung when I sit her unassisted. Any baby already reached that milestone?

Ooo normal, that's good haha yea emk jr can sit unassisted and happily biting teether. I saw him put two teether in his mouth and bite.. he got such a big mouth haha
ImageUploadedByForum1484624511.172555.jpg

Ooo normal, that's good haha yea emk jr can sit unassisted and happily biting teether. I saw him put two teether in his mouth and bite.. he got such a big mouth haha View attachment 674399

Omg so cute! Hug hug kiss kiss emk jr.

My gal loves to bite hankie and little plastic bag (those disposable sandwich bag). And she will talk and talk at same time until decibel quite high when she becomes high on biting hahah.

Last edited:
34b2763d0c7202dba3561ddf0b3b1afb.jpg

She also likes to bite her bib and clothes.

She can't sit straight up in high chair. After a min or so she will wriggle till like this then she fusses and hard to feed her anymore.

Reactions: emk
Hehe I just cut her fringe though, after this shot. I carry her in ring sling n cut! Still feel abit something snipping her hair away.

34b2763d0c7202dba3561ddf0b3b1afb.jpg

She also likes to bite her bib and clothes.

She can't sit straight up in high chair. After a min or so she will wriggle till like this then she fusses and hard to feed her anymore.

Cute .. *muack* love her thigh

My mil says she is tall but she falls under the 50percentile for height. So she is average. Can't remember offhand her exact length measurement.

Anyone tried sweet peas yet? Got the fresh ones but do we remove the peas first then steam or steam whole thing then remove peas to blend?

Thanks for the lobang! I really need a huge diaper bag. Current ones definitely can't house everything. When we go out she needs two bags one. One separate bag for milk bottles and powder as the diaper bag is full already.

Are you gonna order? @KWL. Wink.

@redvel is footed pants referring to pant with the foot covered one?

Correct. I highly recommend the shop opposite guan yin temple at bugis. Can find everything I need for my gal for ifc. Towels, bibs, hankies etc. You'll need clean towels and bibs etc everyday. And they are cheap and good.

Back