2017/03 March Mummies

Hi Bluewinter
Congrats! I was also considering dr tan as its near my place. U stay in Jurong too? But I think I will go back to my previous Gynae first and see how - been a few years and heard that his q is v long cos he's v popular these years... ;|
So I may reconsider..

During a gathering last nite, I just found out that my bff is 14 weeks pregnant and I'm so tempting to tell her 'me too!'
Haha.. When do you plan to tell the world you are preggie?

What supplement did you mommies get from your gynae?
You should that prenatal vits, folic acid, b12 if necessary, duphaston if you want extra support for the pregnancy. Btw I didn't take from gynae except for duphaston. Prenatal I bought rainbow life online cos I think cheaper. Then the folic I had a lot from my friends haha.

During a gathering last nite, I just found out that my bff is 14 weeks pregnant and I'm so tempting to tell her 'me too!'
Haha.. When do you plan to tell the world you are preggie?
I told my PIL and parents as well as really close friends. Like bff type. The rest maybe after 3 or 5 months. If bff can share la... I feel. They won't anyhow go spread.

Hi Bluewinter
Congrats! I was also considering dr tan as its near my place. U stay in Jurong too? But I think I will go back to my previous Gynae first and see how - been a few years and heard that his q is v long cos he's v popular these years... ;|
So I may reconsider..

Yup, i am stayin in the west too, & Dr tan clinic is also near the mrt, quite convenient, and he is quite nice. Will consider to continue with him if i can find out more about him.
Currently still exploring, any reccomendation for gynea who delivers at mount A or TMC?

I told my PIL and parents as well as really close friends. Like bff type. The rest maybe after 3 or 5 months. If bff can share la... I feel. They won't anyhow go spread.
I'm planning to tell my parents and PIL after next wk doctor appointment, that is the time we hear our baby heartbeat..

Hi! I tested positive last Monday and am scheduled to see gynae 2 weeks ltr. My EDD is 11 March based on my LMP.

Last edited:
My gynae only ask me to take folic acid. Nothing else!!!
Folic is the most important. Duphaston is good to take for support but not necessary. Prenatal vitamins and calcium also good to take la... But can buy elsewhere de. Need not get from gynae :)

Hi all! I just got a faint positive today, gonna test with the CB digital tomorrow. Anyone in the same situation as me?

Hi I had use a CB pregnancy test kit and it shows negative but a watsons pregnancy test kit show faint line of positive. Bought a digital CB and I'm pregnant. EDD is March, please add me at [email protected] to Facebook. Thanks and hoping you would have good news tomorrow :)

Any mummy has the feeling of nausea ? The feeling is there but no actual vomitting. I dun remb having these for my No.1. So I Guess every pregnancy is different.

Any mummy has the feeling of nausea ? The feeling is there but no actual vomitting. I dun remb having these for my No.1. So I Guess every pregnancy is different.
yes me! feel nauseous, got the vomit action but no actual vomitting. feel very xinku only sleeping made me feel better.

yes me! feel nauseous, got the vomit action but not actual vomitting. only sleeping made me feel better. cant wait for it to get better :(

hi all
First pregnancy here, tested positive at week 5 & went to see a gynae at week 6 coz was very worried of the spotting and abdominal cramp. Did an internal scan and saw the yolk sac and baby's heart beat (blinking on the screen), was indeed a very emotional moment. But the scan also found two fibroid, 1 was quite big (4cm), doctor advise to consider getting it remove next time, but it should not affect the baby as for now, hope it will stay that way.

Was initially keen to see Dr Goh SL at Mount Alvernia due to the good reviews i have found, but her appointment were fully booked and have to wait for 2 weeks for an appointment. So i went for one nearby and is available to make an appointment asap. I went to see Dr Tan Toh Lick from TMC, he has a clinic at jurong. He has an early antenatal package before 20 week and it cost $320 for 4 consultations & scans (including my first one). Since the first consultation would already cost $200++, the package seems reasonable to take for another 3 consults and scans to monitor my progress, while i decide on the actual gynae(am also trying to look for Dr Tan review on his delivery skills, but couldn't really find any, if anyone here has seen him before, do share with me your experience.)

Hello babe! Can I check if you got a copy of Doctor Tan's maternity & delivery packages? Can you share? TIA. Congrats on your pregnancy! =)

Hi, I am in my 6 weeks day 3. Today i had slight brown discharge. Should i be concern? Tomorrow will be my scan.

Do you have duphaston? If yes, you can take 3 times a day. If not, see gynaw to get. Meanwhile, bedrest or just rest. Don't walk too much. Now is fragile period still so must take care.

May I know when will the spotting gone? Feel scare when I see some spotting In the morning.

Yup, i am stayin in the west too, & Dr tan clinic is also near the mrt, quite convenient, and he is quite nice. Will consider to continue with him if i can find out more about him.
Currently still exploring, any reccomendation for gynea who delivers at mount A or TMC?
Im staying at west too!!!!.. im with Dr A. L. Lim at TMC.

is better u call up the clinic.

Thanks. Called. But the thing about KKH is gotta wait for them to remit the message to my doctor and wait for the doctor to call back. They told me if the doctor did not call me back and i experience discomfort or bleeds then immediately go down to O&G dept.

Thanks. Called. But the thing about KKH is gotta wait for them to remit the message to my doctor and wait for the doctor to call back. They told me if the doctor did not call me back and i experience discomfort or bleeds then immediately go down to O&G dept.
good babe.. mean time please rest more! :)

It's better to go down straight if urgent cos they usually don't call back de.

Hi everyone and congrats to all!

I tested positive during my 4th wk and am about 6 weeks. Haven't gone to see gynae yet as he said to see him at the 7th week.. But i did take a HCG test at 4th wk and i was told HCG is over 3000. But since then, i didnt feel any cramps, just very gassy, burping almost the whole day and can be very loud.. so unladylike... is that normal not to have any cramps at all?

May I know when will the spotting gone? Feel scare when I see some spotting In the morning.

It actually depends on your body de. Some ppl spot throughout whole preg but some only 1st trimester. When you spot, it is a sign that you should rest.

I drink like 2-3 times a week. I drinks in office , my Office very cold, good way to keep warm.
I thought red date tea is good for the womb?

Actually depends on your body constitution de. Even before bfp, I also cannot take RDLT de. I will kena sore throat and then fever cos because my body is generally quite heaty. But I suggest for now, consult your tcm or gynae on this as you are still in 1st trim, better don't take without confirmation.

I tested positive last week.. currently in week 5. booked an appointment with gynae next week. Week 6 should be able to hear heartbeat?

I had a natural mc last year so was quite worried this time round. I called the gynae and she prescribed me duphaston tablets without any consultation. Is this normal?

Hello babe! Can I check if you got a copy of Doctor Tan's maternity & delivery packages? Can you share? TIA. Congrats on your pregnancy! =)

Oh i did not check, vaguely remember that the antenatal package is about $800, not sure about delivery doh.
I will be going for my second appointment this thur, will check out and share :)

What other vitamins do u recommend we shld take other than folic? Coz the doc at kkh only gave me folic
Actually 1st 3 mths cannot absorb much de so folic acid n duphaston is ok. But if you want a multivitamin for prenatal, you can check out blackmores pregnancy pills. They sell it at watsons and guardian too. Now there is sale I think so about half price de.

Btw, you can continue to take blackmores after delivery if you are breastfeeding too. It aids milk production.

Back