IVF/ICSI Support Group

Need to see. At least for a closure n hear from him whats wrong n wat is his suggestion if for next cycle. Changing of protocol, simulation or add saizen etc. From wat i read,day 1 to 3 no fertilisation is egg problem. Day 3 to 5 fail is sperm problem. I had my fair share of failure so i understand e pain of no fertilisation n no embries to freeze.

Give yrself a pat on e shoulder. You are brave to go through this journey le. Jiayou
Then no implantation is what problem? Haha it's a million dollar questions.. With no answer.. Prof was going thru my cycles with me super patiently.. Didn't expected that.. But at the end of the day, he also can't explain why no implantation.

Then no implantation is what problem? Haha it's a million dollar questions.. With no answer.. Prof was going thru my cycles with me super patiently.. Didn't expected that.. But at the end of the day, he also can't explain why no implantation.
Means your womb lining is not sticky enough. Try endo scratching. May help; may be a million dollar answer to your million dollar Q *wink*

Means your womb lining is not sticky enough. Try endo scratching. May help; may be a million dollar answer to your million dollar Q *wink*
Any idea how many times can be scratched?

If scratch once,will scratching twice hurts e lining? Or we should just reserved e scratch for 1 attempt?

Any ladies here bfp with the 2nd time scratch? Understand that e scratch can only last 3 months

This 1 very chim. Need to ask god. Maybi time not up yet.
Some ladies try intrallipid or endo scratching to inprove implantation chance. Though not ganrantee success. It all depends how far u want to go for a baby

Any idea how many times can be scratched?

If scratch once,will scratching twice hurts e lining? Or we should just reserved e scratch for 1 attempt?

Any ladies here bfp with the 2nd time scratch? Understand that e scratch can only last 3 months
No, it will not hurt the lining, in fact, it will enhance implantation cos it will make the lining sticky while recovering.

Before each ET, go for one scratch lor.

Sounds like ohss.. ohss will cause nauseous, breathless and bloated. It happened to me in ny previous cycle when i had 25 eggs retrieved. Sis, drink 2litres of water and continue with egg white daily. Hope it will go away soon for u. All the best.

@rainflower I had 41 follicles but only 4 eggs retrieved. Doc didn't test for OHSS though. I did take a lot of egg whites before OR and ET to the extent where the thought of eggs just make me want to gag. Haha. I'm turning to other sources of protein.

Anyway, today I feel much better. Cramping visiting me today for the first time since ET. My only prob is lower back ache. I might schedule a visit to the chiropractor's.

Last edited:
Sisters, I read randomly from one of the thread about the husband taking CoQ 10 to boost sperm quality and fertility. Is this true? Anyone can advice more on this? I am planning to take it with husband..at the same time diligently taking folic acid.

Doc told me straight that unfortunately they haven't break the code yet so no doc will be able to tell you reason for not implanting. They can only say try again with some minor adjustments. But if after 3 times of implantation failure, i'd suggest doing a suite of blood test to check if there are NK cells or autoimmune issues preventing implantation (especially if the transfer was done w right thickness n beautiful lining and yet still BFN).

Will progesterone affect the result?
Nope. The pregnancy test kit measures HCG levels and progesterone level is not picked up in the test. The only false positive you may get is if you test less than 10 days after you take your trigger shot as it contains HCG. But if it has been more than 10 days, it would have worn off by now.

Also if you are testing early, please use your first morning urine as it will be the most concentrated.

Currently you are on 8DP2DT, many will suggest go for the blood test, that's the most accurate. But if your fingers are itchy, maybe you can try on 12DP2DT or 13DP2DT onwards.
Will progesterone affect the result?
Nope. The pregnancy test kit measures HCG levels and progesterone level is not picked up in the test. The only false positive you may get is if you test less than 10 days after you take your trigger shot as it contains HCG. But if it has been more than 10 days, it would have worn off by now.

Also if you are testing early, please use your first morning urine as it will be the most concentrated.

For my fet, no trigger shot. So won't affect poas result?

Thanks babe...
Hi, jus wan to tell you tat suprefact is not a good trigger jab. That is what dr Loh from TMC tells me. Using pregnyl will result in more mature eggs

Try another protocol next time, you may probably have different results with a different protocol. IVF is not a guaranteed success so as long as you keep trying, chances will be there.

Try to tiao your body before the next cycle.

I have tried 4 cycles but haven't succeed, but still trying. U can do it too. Jiayou!

Last edited:
Doc told me straight that unfortunately they haven't break the code yet so no doc will be able to tell you reason for not implanting. They can only say try again with some minor adjustments. But if after 3 times of implantation failure, i'd suggest doing a suite of blood test to check if there are NK cells or autoimmune issues preventing implantation (especially if the transfer was done w right thickness n beautiful lining and yet still BFN).

I agree no doctor can really pinpoint why implantation did not take place. Besides lining, egg quality and hormone levels play a part in implantation too. There may be other factors that we do not know at this point in time.

Hi ladies... I'm the one without fertilisation.
Seen Prof snd he could not really say why. Probably egg or sperm. But more inclined to egg as we did ICIS.
Btw... actually 1 mature egg fertilised on Day 1 but didn't make it after that.
Prof mentioned I can either rest 2 cycles and start in Feb... or if lab undergoing reno then in Jun...
Sigh. I dunno yet.
Nurses at CHR were emphatic. It helped a little I guess.
Now just waiting for menses... and prayed it doesn't go haywire...

I guess just have to exhaust all the options. He said could be chromosome issues also but in spore we can't do chromosome test to the embryo? But once I met a lady who did ET on the same day as me said she did some chromosome test, PD something as her family has known history of chromosome defects.. Anyone has any idea?

As for endo scratch, when should we do it and how is it done? I'm planning my FET on march.

This 1 very chim. Need to ask god. Maybi time not up yet.
Some ladies try intrallipid or endo scratching to inprove implantation chance. Though not ganrantee success. It all depends how far u want to go for a baby
I did intralipid last round and I started to bleed 2 days post transfer.. End up needed daily progesterone jab. Ouch to butt and wallet.. End up bfn, another ouch.. Not sure any relation to intralipid :(

Hi, jus wan to tell you tat suprefact is not a good trigger jab. That is what dr Loh from TMC tells me. Using pregnyl will result in more mature eggs

Try another protocol next time, you may probably have different results with a different protocol. IVF is not a guaranteed success so as long as you keep trying, chances will be there.

Try to tiao your body before the next cycle.

I have tried 4 cycles but haven't succeed, but still trying. U can do it too. Jiayou!
U did 4 cycles with sf Loh?

I guess just have to exhaust all the options. He said could be chromosome issues also but in spore we can't do chromosome test to the embryo? But once I met a lady who did ET on the same day as me said she did some chromosome test, PD something as her family has known history of chromosome defects.. Anyone has any idea?

As for endo scratch, when should we do it and how is it done? I'm planning my FET on march.
PGD or rather PGS helps to test the embryos for chromosomal abnormalities before transferring. So only the normal ones are transferred or frozen. In Singapore, the doc need valid reason to put up for appeal to MOH for approval to do it. So if you known history of genetic issues or have failed many rounds of IVF and your karotyping shows your embryos has chromosomal abnormalities, you can talk to your fertlity doc and see if they can help u appeal to MOH.

Seen Prof snd he could not really say why. Probably egg or sperm. But more inclined to egg as we did ICIS.
Prof mentioned I can either rest 2 cycles and start in Feb... or if lab undergoing reno then in Jun...
Sigh. I dunno yet.
Maybe can take this few months to build up yours and hb health if u plan to do another fresh. Did Prof recommend u to take any supplements?

I did intralipid last round and I started to bleed 2 days post transfer.. End up needed daily progesterone jab. Ouch to butt and wallet.. End up bfn, another ouch.. Not sure any relation to intralipid :(
I think quite unlikely. Intralipid infusion therapy has been known to be harmless and no record of causing complications in Ivf treatment. Unless you have tested positive for autoimmune issues, applying intralipid is more of preventive measure and only possibly effective if you have active immune cells affecting implantation. It cannot prevent other causes of implantation failure including chromosome defects in the embryo which accounts for average 70% of implantation failures.

I did not test for reproductive immunology while I had intralipid infusion since my 3rd transfer. I also did for my recent Fet cycle which I got bfp. As bfp, doc suggested to do 2nd infusion at 6 weeks.

Here's a good medical paper on assessment and treatment for implantation failure. It's a little heavy on the medical science lingo but I found it very useful.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3510376/
Here's another good read on a doc's opinion on immunologic factors causing implantation failures & treatment options
http://haveababy.com/fertility-information/ivf-authority/understanding-immunologic-implantation

As average 70% implantation failure is due to chromosome defects in egg or embryos, I was contemplating to consult Dr Choolani for reproductive immunology testing as well as to do next Ivf in Thailand so that can test pgd if the recent 5th transfer with day 5 blastocyst also fails meaning I had repeated implantation failures despite doc confirmed no issue with lining, having transferred excellent looking embryos and done intralipid infusion.

However finally getting bfp after 5 transfers also points to the fact that sometimes it does take several cycles to get to the one normal embryo for some people unless we are able to definitely sieve out the normal ones using pgd thereby reducing the number of cycles we otherwise would have to go through.

Last edited:
Sigh. I dunno yet.
Stay positive dear! Focus on what is within your means from now till the next try. Whatever measures you take starting now to influence your egg quality, it takes at least 2-3 months for that batch of eggs being recruited. Good idea to consider supplements, tcm and some lifestyle measures which will improve your overall health. Just try your best, hope for the best and no regrets. Persevere on & jia you k!

Maybe you can consider doing immunity tests. I did mine with Dr Sheila Vasoo and turns out that my thyroid autoimmunity levels is 200 times higher than normal range, which is pretty abnormal. She also tested me on Vit D levels, Protein S deficiency, thick blood clotting disorder etc. which may be contributing factors for my repeated BFNs despite everything looking good. It might be good to get yourself tested to sieve out underlying issues and to treat the root of the problem. In the event of BFP subsequently, you will also know that you are technically ‘safe’ from these potential risks. And if you do have immunity issues, my doc advised me not to take Immunocal as you want to bring down your immunity levels to let the embryos implant, and not boost it up further with supplement. But she doesn’t practice intraplid infusion. She does IVIG infusion though which is much more expensive but will only recommend it as a final option if oral medications fail to work.

Maybe can take this few months to build up yours and hb health if u plan to do another fresh. Did Prof recommend u to take any supplements?

Hi... not really. It was when I asked and he said to continue with whatever I'm taking now. Like royal jelly, folic acid, calcium and regular vit c. And hubby continues with vit c and Coq10.

Hi all,
just wanna thank everyone who made me stronger, knowledgable and more positive with your sharing in the past few months, especially to @DawnBB .

Happy 2016 to all! Lets keep and pass on the positive vibes to one another!

For sisters who are cycling soon (including myself), may we all are blessed with healthy babies soon in the new year!
For those 2ww sisters, wish you have good news soon!
And those preggie sisters, have a smooth pregnancy!

Maybe you can consider doing immunity tests. I did mine with Dr Sheila Vasoo and turns out that my thyroid autoimmunity levels is 200 times higher than normal range, which is pretty abnormal. She also tested me on Vit D levels, Protein S deficiency, thick blood clotting disorder etc. which may be contributing factors for my repeated BFNs despite everything looking good. It might be good to get yourself tested to sieve out underlying issues and to treat the root of the problem. In the event of BFP subsequently, you will also know that you are technically ‘safe’ from these potential risks. And if you do have immunity issues, my doc advised me not to take Immunocal as you want to bring down your immunity levels to let the embryos implant, and not boost it up further with supplement. But she doesn’t practice intraplid infusion. She does IVIG infusion though which is much more expensive but will only recommend it as a final option if oral medications fail to work.
Do u rem exact what they test for your thyroid immunity? I do thyroid function test before, not sure whether it's the same

Do u rem exact what they test for your thyroid immunity? I do thyroid function test before, not sure whether it's the same

I just checked on my BT records and it states there Thyroid Studies which consist of the following:-
T4 Free
TSH
Tg Ab
TPO Ab

Is it the same as your thyroid function test?

Hi girl,

Singapore cannot test for chromosome defects unless you or our husband side have family known genetic issues... And your doctor must write in to the medical board to appeal for testing. I had recurrent implantation failures despite nice looking embryos and linings... So I went to went for pre-implantation screening in Bangkok recently and some embryos turned out bad. Note that one will need to have the ER in Bangkok and store the embryos there also. So future transfers will be done in Bangkok. Let me know if you want to know about about PGS. Hope this helps!

hi ladies, i did endo scratch before my et but it didnt work for me.
embryos didnt even implant. so im assuming either is either implantation issues or embryos didnt develop further.
anyone knows if kkh can do intralipid? or able to jus go to dr loh for it even tho i wont be doing ivf with him?

Sisters would like to check is the annual fee charge every 12 months on er date or at the beginning of each year. How do yu make the payment pls. I have frozen embryos in may 2015 so is storage fee gonna be in may 2016 or now. Thanks.

Back