IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi sistas in 2ww,

Im now 10dp3dt...been having insomnia for the past few nights...kept waking up to go pee...

When i get down from bed, can sense liquid flowing...made me so scared whether is it my AF....gng for BT next thurs morn...

Really tempted to try the HPT....but afraid of disappointment..... Jux went Guanyin temple to pray....divine lot says all will be well..

Keeping my fingers X....

Hi sistas in 2ww,

Im now 10dp3dt...been having insomnia for the past few nights...kept waking up to go pee...

When i get down from bed, can sense liquid flowing...made me so scared whether is it my AF....gng for BT next thurs morn...

Really tempted to try the HPT....but afraid of disappointment..... Jux went Guanyin temple to pray....divine lot says all will be well..

Keeping my fingers X....

Actually can test at 10dp3dt. I managed to detect bfp previously at 9dp3dt.
All the best!

Hi sistas in 2ww,

Keeping my fingers X....
i have the same symptoms as you too! I keep peeing as well...and this made it hard for me to collect good first morning urine sample for my internet cheapie pregnancy test strip since I already pee-ed in the middle of the night.

Btw I already bth and started testing since 7dp3dt...very impatient right...:(

i have the same symptoms as you too! I keep peeing as well...and this made it hard for me to collect good first morning urine sample for my internet cheapie pregnancy test strip since I already pee-ed in the middle of the night.

Btw I already bth and started testing since 7dp3dt...very impatient right...:(

Hi Lufie,

I actually tried to test on those cheapie test stick last night....only 1 big fat red control line appear....real disappointed.....

but after abt 20mins...i saw a really really faint line...but i told myself.. dun bring my hopes too high up.... maybe a false positive..

This morning, i bth go and take a look at the same stick again... the pink line become more visible...but i cant show my hubby.. coz he told me not to use the hpt and wait for the BT at hospital.

Im nw thinking to go get the Clearblue digital test kit....if not the suspense to wait till Thurs... will "kill" me...(have not been sleeping well at night recently)

Hmmmm.....But hw am i gng to sneak out to go get the Clearblue?

Hi Lufie,

I actually tried to test on those cheapie test stick last night....only 1 big fat red control line appear....real disappointed.....

but after abt 20mins...i saw a really really faint line...but i told myself.. dun bring my hopes too high up.... maybe a false positive..

This morning, i bth go and take a look at the same stick again... the pink line become more visible...but i cant show my hubby.. coz he told me not to use the hpt and wait for the BT at hospital.

Im nw thinking to go get the Clearblue digital test kit....if not the suspense to wait till Thurs... will "kill" me...(have not been sleeping well at night recently)

Congrats!!! I believe It will get more visible when is nearer to your BT.

Hi Lufie,

It has been more than 10 days since your HCG trigger shot so it should have been totally cleared from your body, so I don't think your pink line is exactly a false positive.

I read that false positives are rare. False negatives are more common because either people don't use their concentrated first morning urine or there is late implantation.

I tested out using internet cheapies as well for the last 3 days and I had to analyse so hard if the line is really there. My veryvery faint line only appeared towards the end of 5 mins (the instructions for mine said to wait for 3-5 mins before reading and not later than 15 mins). This morning I switched to ClearBlue and the line came out obvious! You can also get the more expensive ClearBlue digital one which just tells you pregnant or not pregnant, then you don't have to analyse the lines.

Pray that your beanies continue to stick and grow!

P.S. I got my ClearBlue from qoo10. Not sure it will arrive in time for your BT on Thursday.

It has been more than 10 days since your HCG trigger shot so it should have been totally cleared from your body, so I don't think your pink line is exactly a false positive.

I read that false positives are rare. False negatives are more common because either people don't use their concentrated first morning urine or there is late implantation.

I tested out using internet cheapies as well for the last 3 days and I had to analyse so hard if the line is really there. My veryvery faint line only appeared towards the end of 5 mins (the instructions for mine said to wait for 3-5 mins before reading and not later than 15 mins). This morning I switched to ClearBlue and the line came out obvious! You can also get the more expensive ClearBlue digital one which just tells you pregnant or not pregnant, then you don't have to analyse the lines.

P.S. I got my ClearBlue from qoo10. Not sure it will arrive in time for your BT on Thursday.
What do you eat during this 2 weeks wait? Do u go out at all?

Lufie,Congrats to U!Btw, ur BT is on Wednesday,right?How many embryo did u trf?

As for me, i will try to pester my hubby to go out tdy.. then i can sneak away to Watsons or Guardian to get the Clearblue digital.

i will keep reminding myself dun pin my hopes too high....if not if it end up negative, i will.....

Fighting on, fellow Sistas!

Try to eat more healthier choice of food
Drink red bean soup, LRD tea, brazil nuts, lotus root with black bean soup etc....yup... eat more protein..i ate alot of steamed fishes too...
As for gng out, shld be okay...but minimise the walking

Jiayou!

Last edited:
Lufie,Congrats to U!Btw, ur BT is on Wednesday,right?How many embryo did u trf?

As for me, i will try to pester my hubby to go out tdy.. then i can sneak away to Watsons or Guardian to get the Clearblue digital.

i will keep reminding myself dun pin my hopes too high....if not if it end up negative, i will.....

Fighting on, fellow Sistas!
Yeah Wednesday. Even at this stage, I hope to be cautiously hopeful because there's still the BT and further monitoring thereafter.

I transferred 2 embryo - 1 Grade 1 morula and 1 Grade 2 8-cells. I have stage 4 endo with a frozen pelvis. There are still cysts inside my ovaries and around the womb, hence it is very unconducive environment for the embryo to develop despite they are of good quality. Had 2 surgeries for endo since I'm 18, so it's basically a wreck inside there - basically a war-torn womb!

So don't give up hope! If you become negative now, then your body will start generating all the stress hormones which is not good for your beanies. Jiayoujiayou!

I ate normally because I like to eat protein-rich foods in the first place, like meat and eggs. I try to eat more veggies though and incorporate berries into my diet.
I also drank chicken essence every few days when my cold spells are overwhelming. I initially planned to drink it daily but my mom told me that if my daily diet isn't like this before 2ww and you suddenly up your tonics so drastically, it is actually harmful to the body, so take with moderation.

Yes I did go out for short meals and running errands. Plus I had a relative's wedding dinner and housewarming happening during the 2ww, the show has to go on.
I watch plenty of comedies during this period - Friends (A good 10 seasons available!) and I watch Return of Superman, the korean reality show.

I ate normally because I like to eat protein-rich foods in the first place, like meat and eggs. I try to eat more veggies though and incorporate berries into my diet.
I also drank chicken essence every few days when my cold spells are overwhelming. I initially planned to drink it daily but my mom told me that if my daily diet isn't like this before 2ww and you suddenly up your tonics so drastically, it is actually harmful to the body, so take with moderation.

Yes I did go out for short meals and running errands. Plus I had a relative's wedding dinner and housewarming happening during the 2ww, the show has to go on.
I watch plenty of comedies during this period - Friends (A good 10 seasons available!) and I watch Return of Superman, the korean reality show.
I see, thanks! I was thinking am I supposed to hibernate entire 2 weeks and it's X'mas and new year! I probably stay at home for X'mas since ET is tomorrow, but I was thinking maybe by new year can go out eat. Haha

I see, thanks! I was thinking am I supposed to hibernate entire 2 weeks and it's X'mas and new year! I probably stay at home for X'mas since ET is tomorrow, but I was thinking maybe by new year can go out eat. Haha

My ET is on Tuesday, maybe I should stay home this Christmas too.
I'm so excited and scared for this very first ET.
Finger crossed

I was told by the nurse to take bed rest at least till 4dp3dt as that's when the embryo is settling down after ET and the critical initial implantation will take place. After that, I continued doing light housework like laundry and ironing clothes. Perhaps different people have different instructions, you should check with your doctor/nurses.

You should do nice things for yourself! Go have a good meal with your husband and loved ones. You should start with a good meal right after ET if you are feeling okay, cos that's the first thing your embies are going to be "fed" :p

Just take care not to go to crowded places during the festive season in case of pushing and shoving.

Yeah Wednesday. Even at this stage, I hope to be cautiously hopeful because there's still the BT and further monitoring thereafter.

I transferred 2 embryo - 1 Grade 1 morula and 1 Grade 2 8-cells. I have stage 4 endo with a frozen pelvis. There are still cysts inside my ovaries and around the womb, hence it is very unconducive environment for the embryo to develop despite they are of good quality. Had 2 surgeries for endo since I'm 18, so it's basically a wreck inside there - basically a war-torn womb!

So don't give up hope! If you become negative now, then your body will start generating all the stress hormones which is not good for your beanies. Jiayoujiayou!

Our situation is so similar! I have stage 4 endo too and had 2 surgeries since I was 19. And I did IVF with a cyst in my ovary too. You are right about not giving up hope! Must believe that we can do it! :)

Hi sistas in 2ww,

Keeping my fingers X....

This was part of my symptom too. Vivid dreams and kept waking up to pee! Could be a good sign! Jiayou!

Hi all. It's my first time here though have been lurking around on this thread for the past few weeks. :D
Recently starting on my ivf journey at Kkh. However as I am suspected to suffer from OHSS, will be going for FET instead. Kinda disappointed that I can't do fresh but can't be helped I Guess. Hopefully my eggs can survive the thaw.... Such a scary and exciting journey ahead.... Wishing all luck!!

Don't be disappointed. It could be a good thing! :) I had to do FET instead of ET too and I succeeded with FET. In a way it could be better for some cos the medication are all purged out. :)

*hugs hugs* Cry all you need. After that get up and try again. Don't give up ok! Must believe that your dream will come true one day!

Dun feel bad Wan, we too had our BFN results at least ur family still with u, my wife have to face this alone while I am at overseas, this is double blow for her. Results was the egg quality was not that good as egg is aging. Ladies help required any way to increased quality of egg?

Our situation is so similar! I have stage 4 endo too and had 2 surgeries since I was 19. And I did IVF with a cyst in my ovary too. You are right about not giving up hope! Must believe that we can do it! :)
It's so nice to be able to find someone here who understands what I'm going through. While my friends are sympathetic, they are not able to empathize with the situation.
The doctor who first operated on me was baffled and even showed me his patients' database that I'm the youngest so far who had this, the rest are in their late 30s and 40s.

Let's all jiayou!! :)

It's so nice to be able to find someone here who understands what I'm going through. While my friends are sympathetic, they are not able to empathize with the situation.
The doctor who first operated on me was baffled and even showed me his patients' database that I'm the youngest so far who had this, the rest are in their late 30s and 40s.

Let's all jiayou!! :)

Yes, it's hard for ppl to empathize. I think it must be hard for you when you were 18! I remembered it was hard for me because endo was so unknown. I tried to go to a support grp then but the ppl there were all in their 30s and 40s and I can't connect to them. Felt so lonely then.

But yes, there are some with endo here too so we're all in the same boat and can understand each other. Now I have adeno also.
But oh well, we will all manage! Jiayou! :)

But I read up some where saying that if pregnant, OHSS will continue...

I wouldn't say that if pregnant, OHSS will continue. Or rather it would be better put as, pregnancy will amplify mild OHSS, so that is why they said that if you feel bloated or feel mild OHSS throughout, then it's good news. My KKH nurse told me that too :p

I wouldn't say that if pregnant, OHSS will continue. Or rather it would be better put as, pregnancy will amplify mild OHSS, so that is why they said that if you feel bloated or feel mild OHSS throughout, then it's good news. My KKH nurse told me that too :p

Ya lo. Was thinking if I dun feel that bad anymore is it a bad sign...

The pink lines are so faint....really cause more confusion....worsen my insomnia at night...

20151221_115224.jpg

Dun feel bad Wan, we too had our BFN results at least ur family still with u, my wife have to face this alone while I am at overseas, this is double blow for her. Results was the egg quality was not that good as egg is aging. Ladies help required any way to increased quality of egg?
Countless studies have shown that avoiding certain toxins and adding specific supplements can increase the percentage of eggs that can develop into good quality embryo, thereby increasing the percentage of embryos that implant, and reducing the risk of miscarriages. There is also a strong case for egg quality being crucial in determining the egg's ability to 'repair' any DNA issues contributed by the sperm.

My choice of supplements to support my TTC and IVF journey is in part based on the recommended book, "It Starts with the Egg" by Rebecca Fett, apart from online information. Rebecca was an IVFer due to diminished ovarian reserve. To help herself, she put her degree in molecular biology and biochemistry to good use to research on what lifestyle changes and supplements would help to improve her chances. Ultimately she became a living example of hope as she succeeded to prove that the focus on egg quality does indeed pay off. She eventually had 20 eggs retrieved of which 19 fertilized and grew to good quality blastocysts. If you only want to invest on one good reading before embarking on the IVF journey, this book would be my recommendation.

The following are some measures/ supplements I follow/take and which I think are note-worthy to share. I have also consulted Dr. Loh regarding the supplements I am taking to confirm he is also supportive. I have done 3 fresh cycles over 1 year period and in each subsequent cycle, I did see a good improvement in quality as well as quantity of not just the eggs, but the embryos that succeed fertilisation. I do not have any known fertility issues apart from being in advanced age group (38yo) while hubby has severe sperm issues which also saw improvement over time.

Lifestyle
  1. Healthy balance diet. No extreme shifts in diet even when including foods suggested to benefit TTC. Throughout IVF journey, I ate well in terms of nutrition as if I'm pregnant but of course not in terms of quantity.
  2. Increase intake of protein rich whole foods and cruciferous green vege. E.g. I tried to take 2 whole eggs for breakfast almost daily.
  3. Drink at least 2 litres of water daily.
  4. Drink filtered water. Singapore's tap water is portable but I additionally use a Brita filter though not an extensive filtration system.
  5. Ensure regular bowel movements (a sign that your liver and kidneys are functioning optimally to remove toxins)
  6. Adequate restful sleep. Follow a consistent sleeping routine daily and if possible, get to bed no later than 11pm. Waking up frequently and having difficulty to achieve restful sleep are symptoms of certain ailments or poor organ function and if prolonged, can lead to worsening health conditions so it is best to get checked if that is the case.
  7. Regular exercise. I am not an exercise fanatic so after starting IVF journey, I only started light exercise like stationary cycling and moderately brisk walking. The idea is to get heart pumping to promote healthy blood circulation so that all the nutritional goodness gets to all the vital organs in the body. And of course, to generate endorphins.
  8. Minimize use of plastics, especially for food storage. Plastics have toxic chemicals such as BPA (i.e. Bisphenol A), PVC and phthlates which are proven to disrupt hormones and cause infertility. Plastic bags are inevitable part of our life. However, I would use non-plastic utensils and have switched out the plastic food containers to glassware especially for food storage and freezing.
  9. Minimise use/exposure to phthalates and other harmful toxins (e.g. parabens, glycol ethers, etc) by reducing or avoiding use of synthetic products particularly fragrances, hair products, soaps and detergents.
  10. Choose more organic or GMO free foods and products whenever possible.
Supplements (daily)
  1. Prenatal multi-vitamin, 1 pill (The last I was taking was Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One)
  2. Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate), 200IU (133.3mg)*
  3. CoQ10 Ubiquinol form, 300mg (Healthy Origins, Kaneka QH Ubiquinol, Soy-free non-GMO formula)
  4. Fish oil, supplying 1200mg EPA and 480mg DHA (The Vitamin Shoppe Omega 3 Fish Oil)
  5. Royal jelly, 1200mg (equiv. to 10-hydrox-2-decenoic acid 24mg)**
  6. DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone), 2x25mg (at Dr. Loh's advice; stop during 2ww)***
* Vitamin E taken separately as dosage in Rainbow Light prenatal is low at 30IU per pill.

** Royal jelly is not suitable for those who have allergic conditions. In addition, it is recommended to consult doctor whether to continue after conceiving. Also note that in Rebecca's book, it is suggested that there is lack of evidence on the benefit of royal jelly for TTC so she did not recommend this. I have been taking this since my 1st fresh cycle and I continued with it as I do not have any allergic or adverse reaction and doctor is ok with it.

*** DHEA leads to the production of androgens and estrogens. As such, it may not be suitable for those who have conditions that may be affected by these hormones and should consult doctor before starting this supplement.

In addition, DH & I both diligently went for our TCM acupuncture sessions. DH was taking TCM meds to enhance his kidneys and hence sperms. In my case, weekly TCM sessions help to ensure body is maintained in a balanced optimal condition. The acupuncture enhances blood circulation and relaxation. Post fresh cycle, it additionally helps the body to better recover from the overload of medications.

Opps, it's a long post. Anyway, I hope you will find this useful and hope your Mrs recover well physically and mentally soon to try again. All the best.

Last edited:
Hey Towkay! :) I'm reading the posts there but not active yet. Wait till at least see bb heartbeat ba.:)
How are you holding out. Your BT this week? Have you POAS?
The other time i POAS everyday till so stressed to see the single line, so this time just leave it first until hands & heart super itchy. Just hold on to a few more days lor. Actually 2WW is really not that bad, just rest and relax, eat and sleep and hope for the best.

When going to see the "bee bop bee bop"?

The other time i POAS everyday till so stressed to see the single line, so this time just leave it first until hands & heart super itchy. Just hold on to a few more days lor. Actually 2WW is really not that bad, just rest and relax, eat and sleep and hope for the best.

When going to see the "bee bop bee bop"?
LOL you so funny. So it really goes like this "bee bop bee bop"?
I don't know what to expect since this is my first. It will be 30 Dec.
This 2ww after 2ww also not easy... hard not to be anxious.

Ya, you try to tahan ok. I root for you!! Eat and rest well, and stay positive! Jia you!

LOL you so funny. So it really goes like this "bee bop bee bop"?
I don't know what to expect since this is my first. It will be 30 Dec.
This 2ww after 2ww also not easy... hard not to be anxious.

Ya, you try to tahan ok. I root for you!! Eat and rest well, and stay positive! Jia you!
Yes, 1st, you see a tiny bright flickering light and the doc will tell you that it's the heartbeat. After that, he will turn on the sound and you will hear the ""bee bop bee bop" sound like thousands of horses galloping. You can request the doc to turn on the sound if he conveniently forgets to do so :p
Ya damn it, neverending of 2WW and 2WW, after the 2nd 2WW, it's like another 4WW (if I remember correctly?) then the various various tests. I recall everytime I went for the ultrasound, it's always anxiety and worry :p it's only when you stepped out of the ultrasound room then you can chillax!

Yes, 1st, you see a tiny bright flickering light and the doc will tell you that it's the heartbeat. After that, he will turn on the sound and you will hear the ""bee bop bee bop" sound like thousands of horses galloping. You can request the doc to turn on the sound if he conveniently forgets to do so :p
Ya damn it, neverending of 2WW and 2WW, after the 2nd 2WW, it's like another 4WW (if I remember correctly?) then the various various tests. I recall everytime I went for the ultrasound, it's always anxiety and worry :p it's only when you stepped out of the ultrasound room then you can chillax!

Totally agree! This time 2ww for 2nd cycle seems more stress than 1st... really didnt expected that.

Back