IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies.. I'm on natural FET this month. Going for ET on this sat. Did anyone who did Natural FET and is require to insert progesterone on day 2 after ovulation onwards till ET?

Hi sisters, just to share about taking confinement food during 2ww. Was told by confinement lady that we shouldnt take confinement food when trying to conceive cos confinement food will have ingredient to flush out old blood like 'mu er' and ingredient to contract the uterus muscle to help to flush out and clean the uterus like 'unripe papaya'. We shouldnt be taking all these as we need our uterus to be calm for implantation and we need to preserve the blood and nutrient in our uterus. So, i think its good to eat normal healthy food in moderation with red dates water. Just my 2 cents

Hello! self-boil might be better - helps in keeping your womb warm cos red dates and longan belong to the "heaty" type of food.

Drop 2-3 pieces of longan meat (can buy from medical halls) and 4-6 red dates into hot boiling water and tada! Some sister choose to boil the ingredients over medium flame for a few mins.
I do the lazy method by putting the logan and red dates into thermal flask n drink it after 3hrs.

Mirroring what someone just posted about no confinement food during 2ww... such diet is never meant for 2ww for the reasons shared. Just eat normal and get more rest is totally good enough.

Hmm my mrs cramps is gone but bloatness have since gone down n 3rd day. suddenly she like shrink ... but still have abit of indiesgtion and feeling like a whale espically during meal times but she is not taking in alot. Hmm wanted her to take Chiken essence but mil say cannot.

Oh cannot take chicken Essenes? If you don't mind can ask y? I tot I read here tat some do drink chicken essence during n after egg transfer

Hi Wanbaby, I did my retrieval on Saturday. Waiting for the embryo dept to call when to carryout the ET. Notice u did in NUH too. Who was was ur doc?
Been having bloatedness since, quite uncomfortable.:( n current waiting for phone call. Can't wait to be on the journey with u.

Hi dear mine is dr Stephen chew. Don't worry all will be well. Must rest well n eat well

I'm still on stims, ER this sat. Anybody here has changed on e boobs alr? If only I'm already pregnant but it can't be!! Haha.

Hi sisters, just to share about taking confinement food during 2ww. Was told by confinement lady that we shouldnt take confinement food when trying to conceive cos confinement food will have ingredient to flush out old blood like 'mu er' and ingredient to contract the uterus muscle to help to flush out and clean the uterus like 'unripe papaya'. We shouldnt be taking all these as we need our uterus to be calm for implantation and we need to preserve the blood and nutrient in our uterus. So, i think its good to eat normal healthy food in moderation with red dates water. Just my 2 cents

I avoided the unripe papaya but ate the fish and veges etc. It's true that it's for different purpose but for me, I just avoided what I'm not supposed to take. The lady sometimes use red date, wolfberries and ginger etc. Somehow I found that I ate healthier during the 2ww than other days. For me I took the tingkat because I didn't want to cook during the 2 weeks and outside food is not healthy. But if you feel it's unsafe, then better avoid.

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

Just got back from my last follicle scan before the ER on sat. Dr Loh mentioned due to the amount of eggs, I may have risks of OHSS. But I decided to go ahead with the Pregnyl shot. Is there any thing I can do to prevent OHSS from happening to severely?

Oh cannot take chicken Essenes? If you don't mind can ask y? I tot I read here tat some do drink chicken essence during n after egg transfer

Wan, I think is because too heaty? MIL had been making meals which contains heat fo rthe mrs to keep her body warm. So i believe that is the reason, even i suffer under the "heat" as in when need to do big one .. haissss but i just go along with whetever that is prepare. No grumble just suffer in silent when in the loo hahahahaha

Hi ladies,

I just finished my fresh cycle last month and I have remaining 150IU left on my gonal F pen. A full pen is about $650 so the value of the remaining unit is about $200. I'm thinking it will be a waste to throw away since it has not expired so wondering if anyone keen to have it for a token fee of $10? Please pm me as I may miss out your messages on the forum board. Cheers!

Hi ladies!

Just got back from my last follicle scan before the ER on sat. Dr Loh mentioned due to the amount of eggs, I may have risks of OHSS. But I decided to go ahead with the Pregnyl shot. Is there any thing I can do to prevent OHSS from happening to severely?
Hi Claire,

How many eggs do you currently have? Perhaps you could consider using a non-hcg trigger to reduce risk of OHSS? I had around 50 eggs during time of retrieval and I took lucrin as a trigger shot, didn't suffer from OHSS (or mild OHSS at most).

You can read more about OHSS and lucrin trigger here

http://infertilityblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/preventing-ovarian-hyperstimulation.html

http://www.whitneyanderick.com/a-re...erate-ovarian-hyperstimulation-syndrome-ohss/

All the best!

Hi Claire,

How many eggs do you currently have? Perhaps you could consider using a non-hcg trigger to reduce risk of OHSS? I had around 50 eggs during time of retrieval and I took lucrin as a trigger shot, didn't suffer from OHSS (or mild OHSS at most).

You can read more about OHSS and lucrin trigger here

http://infertilityblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/preventing-ovarian-hyperstimulation.html

http://www.whitneyanderick.com/a-re...erate-ovarian-hyperstimulation-syndrome-ohss/

All the best!

50! That's a lot!
Doctor scanned for 21 this morn... Not sure I how how is it gonna be like but doc jus warned me that there might be risks of OHSS.

50! That's a lot!
Doctor scanned for 21 this morn... Not sure I how how is it gonna be like but doc jus warned me that there might be risks of OHSS.

I was super bloated, could hardly eat and drink during the 2 days after retrieval... I felt my taste bud completely bland and even plain water tastes weird. And I could not walk much and felt breathless - basically I felt sick. I think that was mild OHSS. For mild case, the body will auto recover after a few days, just load up on proteins and electrolytes.

Dr SF Loh is a very experienced and reputable doc, I believe that he will plan the best course for your situation. Don't worry too much and be positive!

I was super bloated, could hardly eat and drink during the 2 days after retrieval... I felt my taste bud completely bland and even plain water tastes weird. And I could not walk much and felt breathless - basically I felt sick. I think that was mild OHSS. For mild case, the body will auto recover after a few days, just load up on proteins and electrolytes.

Dr SF Loh is a very experienced and reputable doc, I believe that he will plan the best course for your situation. Don't worry too much and be positive!

Ya! My taste buds seems weird alr. I have a slight aversion towards seafood... And these boobs... Oh gosh...

Anyone under Dr. Tan HH ( KKH) or PC Wong ( NUH) ? I just fail my 1st fresh cycle and thinking to switch to a different doctor or hospital. And need feedback from the sisters here who went through with either one of them before. Appreciate if anyone can share their experience.

Hi all, I'm new here. Today is my last day of 2ww. BT was BFN. Was told that I have 6 blastocysts to freeze. Next doctor's appt would only be on 3/2/16. I wanna ask what's the procedure for frozen cycle? And are we given hospitalization leave as well for the 2ww like the fresh cycle?

Hi!

I stopped taking Norethisterone on 6 Dec (Sun). It's been 3 days and my period is still not here. Is this normal? I am supposed to start my injections this Fri 11 Dec.

Anyone under Dr. Tan HH ( KKH) or PC Wong ( NUH) ? I just fail my 1st fresh cycle and thinking to switch to a different doctor or hospital. And need feedback from the sisters here who went through with either one of them before. Appreciate if anyone can share their experience.

Hi wynn,
Don lose heart.. we are some who all have been thru this once or twice.. at the moment which doc r u under?
I m fr kkh switch to nuh pc wong... alot of difference... in medicine and care n concern.. pc wong is a straight forward doc , though he is a man of small words.. he never fail to answer your questiona.. do ask around..

All the best for your FET!!! Jia You!!

Hi all, I'm new here. Today is my last day of 2ww. BT was BFN. Was told that I have 6 blastocysts to freeze. Next doctor's appt would only be on 3/2/16. I wanna ask what's the procedure for frozen cycle? And are we given hospitalization leave as well for the 2ww like the fresh cycle?

Hey starzbabyz,

Sorry to hear abt your bfn.. hugs to u.. well now u focus to tioa yr body back to normal and go n indulge in nice foods..
Try tcm..

Frozen cycle- its either medicated or natural cycle.. depends on yr ovulation.. doc will advise..
No needles.. just oral medicines.. you will be given 2 weeks hospitalisation leave as well..

All the best n jia you!!

Dear ladies,
I cleared another mini milestone today (many more to go) and I tot I would take this chance to share. Today Sgh care gave me all clear after monitoring my bt results every week for past month. This means my case will be transferred to their OnG clinic.

Meanwhile, I would like to pen down what I tot might have made a difference in this cycle. And I hope it might help some of you! Love you all! Jia you all the way ok!

I have done 3xiui (with dr Charles lim), moved to Sgh care to do 1fresh ivf, 1fet. In all the cases previously, normally will be quite smooth but will no success without any reason. Finally bfp with 2nd fresh

This cycle I was given growth hormones as an extra boost. During the fertilization the embryologist used Embrogen and Blastgen as a medium which is supposed to be better for the growth of embryos and implantation. (Especially for my age at 37)

I also decided to maintain a healthy lifestyle, not much change in diet but I started to do a lot more exercise in the months before. I did yoga (with Mdm Valencia tan) and i also run regularly. Generally I felt I was at one of my fittest times ever the week before the start of the stimulation. (I knew cos I went for a 5km jog n i felt so positive n good the day before I did the first injection)

Mentally and spiritually, I also tried to listen to some meditation videos on YouTube to calm my monkey brain sometimes. (It is very hard n everyday 胡思乱想) I also visited Mdm tan for healing sessions which is very calming for me too.

During the 2ww, I actually took leave. I had never believed in taking leave in all the previous tries. But this time I've decided not to be a workaholic and give myself 2 weeks break from work. I even went to the sea (Malaysia) to relax for a few days. (Of cos I had to catch up with a lot of work when I returned Alamak)

That's about it! Hope this will help some of you! Lots of love and lots of baby dusts!

Dear starzbaby,
Hugs! Nurture your bOdy well n try again! Jia you!

Depends on what protocol doctor gives you. If a natural frozen cycle , it is very straightforward , they monitor you until almost time for ovulation. Then they carefully timed it n transfer the embroys bAck to you. Same thing 2ww applies. HL as well.

Hugs to u Starzbabyz. 6 frozen blastocyst is a gd no. Fet is much more easier as compared to fresh as there's no stim...

Hey starzbabyz,

Sorry to hear abt your bfn.. hugs to u.. well now u focus to tioa yr body back to normal and go n indulge in nice foods..
Try tcm..

Frozen cycle- its either medicated or natural cycle.. depends on yr ovulation.. doc will advise..
No needles.. just oral medicines.. you will be given 2 weeks hospitalisation leave as well..

All the best n jia you!!
Thanks a lot babyluck,
Ya I actually tot of gg to TCM to tiao my body 1st. I had ectopic pregnancy previously and left with 1 tube but luckily the other tube is ok so I tried so-IUI and it failed so I went on to do IVF unfortunately failed again. Quite disheartening I can say. My doctor was dr Jessie phoon, I start to think if she's good and experience enough as I saw many ppl talking abt dr h h tan but none mention about her. I'm thinking if I can change to dr h h tan for my frozen cycle.

Hugs to u Starzbabyz. 6 frozen blastocyst is a gd no. Fet is much more easier as compared to fresh as there's no stim...
Thanks cherylng, more or less I've accepted it when I have menses came on Sunday. Dr Jessie phoon transferred only 1 blastocyst for me, I'm thinking if there's a different if she were to transfer 2 blastocyst instead?

Dear starzbaby,
Hugs! Nurture your bOdy well n try again! Jia you!

Depends on what protocol doctor gives you. If a natural frozen cycle , it is very straightforward , they monitor you until almost time for ovulation. Then they carefully timed it n transfer the embroys bAck to you. Same thing 2ww applies. HL as well.
Thanks kitty16! Hugz!

Dear ladies,
I cleared another mini milestone today (many more to go) and I tot I would take this chance to share. Today Sgh care gave me all clear after monitoring my bt results every week for past month. This means my case will be transferred to their OnG clinic.

Meanwhile, I would like to pen down what I tot might have made a difference in this cycle. And I hope it might help some of you! Love you all! Jia you all the way ok!

I have done 3xiui (with dr Charles lim), moved to Sgh care to do 1fresh ivf, 1fet. In all the cases previously, normally will be quite smooth but will no success without any reason. Finally bfp with 2nd fresh

This cycle I was given growth hormones as an extra boost. During the fertilization the embryologist used Embrogen and Blastgen as a medium which is supposed to be better for the growth of embryos and implantation. (Especially for my age at 37)

I also decided to maintain a healthy lifestyle, not much change in diet but I started to do a lot more exercise in the months before. I did yoga (with Mdm Valencia tan) and i also run regularly. Generally I felt I was at one of my fittest times ever the week before the start of the stimulation. (I knew cos I went for a 5km jog n i felt so positive n good the day before I did the first injection)

Mentally and spiritually, I also tried to listen to some meditation videos on YouTube to calm my monkey brain sometimes. (It is very hard n everyday 胡思乱想) I also visited Mdm tan for healing sessions which is very calming for me too.

During the 2ww, I actually took leave. I had never believed in taking leave in all the previous tries. But this time I've decided not to be a workaholic and give myself 2 weeks break from work. I even went to the sea (Malaysia) to relax for a few days. (Of cos I had to catch up with a lot of work when I returned Alamak)

That's about it! Hope this will help some of you! Lots of love and lots of baby dusts!
Congrats! Which doc u with at sgh? I'm with dr yu, still on stim. Yday scan they say follicles not growing as expectations, have to go back again

Congrats! Which doc u with at sgh? I'm with dr yu, still on stim. Yday scan they say follicles not growing as expectations, have to go back again

I'm with dr Yu also. She is always very busy but she is very good.

Jia you jia you! Did they increase dose or change the medication? Are you on Tcm? I've heard some ladies go for Tcm to boost the follicles growth.

Dear ladies,

Congrats ! I was w dr Charles lim for my IUI too...

Thanks a lot babyluck,
Ya I actually tot of gg to TCM to tiao my body 1st. I had ectopic pregnancy previously and left with 1 tube but luckily the other tube is ok so I tried so-IUI and it failed so I went on to do IVF unfortunately failed again. Quite disheartening I can say. My doctor was dr Jessie phoon, I start to think if she's good and experience enough as I saw many ppl talking abt dr h h tan but none mention about her. I'm thinking if I can change to dr h h tan for my frozen cycle.

Also a victim of Ectopic...

Thanks cherylng, more or less I've accepted it when I have menses came on Sunday. Dr Jessie phoon transferred only 1 blastocyst for me, I'm thinking if there's a different if she were to transfer 2 blastocyst instead?
Starzbabyz, my personal point of view is whether the embryo will implant in our womb all zoom down to our embryo quality.
I did a change of hand to Dr Tan HH recently and Was with Dr Tan Tse Yuen for my previous cycle but not much luck. ET 2 day5 blastocyst, one stick on with me. Just had my 1st scan at week6 with bb's heartbeat seen.
You are very lucky to hve 6 blasto embryo frozen. Never give up k...

To all the brave ladies out there... let us strive and stay strong tog....

Starzbabyz, my personal point of view is whether the embryo will implant in our womb all zoom down to our embryo quality.
I did a change of hand to Dr Tan HH recently and Was with Dr Tan Tse Yuen for my previous cycle but not much luck. ET 2 day5 blastocyst, one stick on with me. Just had my 1st scan at week6 with bb's heartbeat seen.
You are very lucky to hve 6 blasto embryo frozen. Never give up k...

To all the brave ladies out there... let us strive and stay strong tog....
Ya baby1979, I'm gg to TCM b4 I try the frozen cycle again. Heartfelt congrats to u! God bless!

Back