Recommendation for prenatal masseuse at home

Hey Emily, I whatsapp Shida this morning and she replied quite fast! And i booked a slot this coming Sun! So happy as this will be my 1st prenatel massage and i really need one badly. hope she's good! :)
hi happy, how is e massage? good? how much? is she certified? TIA :)

Jus had my third session with her after 3 weeks. Now im 28 weeks. So good i slept. She will target the aching areas and give tips on pregnancy. She worked in spas and travels everywhere in sg n jb to experience different types of massage. Can see shes very passionate about what she does.

Jus had my third session with her after 3 weeks. Now im 28 weeks. So good i slept. She will target the aching areas and give tips on pregnancy. She worked in spas and travels everywhere in sg n jb to experience different types of massage. Can see shes very passionate about what she does.
thanks so much. how is her fees like?

hi happy, how is e massage? good? how much? is she certified? TIA :)
She was good and friendly. Her pressure was just nice. Shoulder will be harder cos she said that part can use more strength and not on the lower part of the body. Her chargers is $60/hr. She drove so can go anywhere. I am not sure if she's certified cos I never ask. But I know she got 14 years experience.

Hi MiniMinMin,
Read ur thread here and contacted Shida this morning for a massage. Hehe. Am 26wks now. Btw u know hw much does Shida charge for post natal package and wat does it include? Thks

I booked with babiesbellies. Read some rave reviews about them online so that's how I made my decision to go with them.

Hi my dear...
Have you started any sessions with babiesbellies yet?
:) I am trying to ask for post natal..and then also heard good things.. but wanted to ask you on your personal experience.
Care to share if you've already had any sessions with them?

Hi MiniMinMin,
Read ur thread here and contacted Shida this morning for a massage. Hehe. Am 26wks now. Btw u know hw much does Shida charge for post natal package and wat does it include? Thks
Hi. Im not sure how much she charges for post natal but she did mention she will advice like how many days would be appropriate for us. She mention to me about 7 days would be good. 5th day after delivery can start post natal massage. Not sure about what she include but perhaps u wanna ask her. i feel shes very friendly and open. Shes very nice to talk to.

Hi. Im not sure how much she charges for post natal but she did mention she will advice like how many days would be appropriate for us. She mention to me about 7 days would be good. 5th day after delivery can start post natal massage. Not sure about what she include but perhaps u wanna ask her. i feel shes very friendly and open. Shes very nice to talk to.

ok will 'intw' her once i see her this week. hope she's good. Actually was thinking of engaging Babies Bellies too since their promotion during the upcoming baby fair is not bad. But lemme try Shida 1st and decide. Thanks Babe!!

ok will 'intw' her once i see her this week. hope she's good. Actually was thinking of engaging Babies Bellies too since their promotion during the upcoming baby fair is not bad. But lemme try Shida 1st and decide. Thanks Babe!!
I did ask her about post natal massage. She charges $70 / 1hr session. But if take her 7 days package will be $450. She mentioned 7 days with different strokes etc. If natural birth can start after 5 days. If c-section then will be 2-3weeks later.

I did ask her about post natal massage. She charges $70 / 1hr session. But if take her 7 days package will be $450. She mentioned 7 days with different strokes etc. If natural birth can start after 5 days. If c-section then will be 2-3weeks later.

Hi Happy~Mian,
Oh u tried her too? Eh 450 not bad quite cheap for 7days. Mine gonna be csect. But dont think i cud wait til 3wks. D last time 2nd week alrdy cannot tahan aching n having wind all over. Thanks for the info!

I highly recommend mdm layla. As her pressure are firm and spot on. Hers is not ur regular therapist but a professional one as she can point out muscles and she is upgrading her knowledge with lymphatic drainage which is best to remove water retention. The reason why I recommend her is that this is my 2nd pregnancy and for my 1st,she assisted me with breast engorgement and even came at 12am to help me! Imagine e agony and pain i have to go thru at night so helIm so indebted to her. Also, she is very passionate in her work and I feel her talent is best shared with u guys. she also bring along massage bed. U can call her n check her rates. 81575326. :)

I highly recommend mdm layla. As her pressure are firm and spot on. Hers is not ur regular therapist but a professional one as she can point out muscles and she is upgrading her knowledge with lymphatic drainage which is best to remove water retention. The reason why I recommend her is that this is my 2nd pregnancy and for my 1st,she assisted me with breast engorgement and even came at 12am to help me! Imagine e agony and pain i have to go thru at night so helIm so indebted to her. Also, she is very passionate in her work and I feel her talent is best shared with u guys. she also bring along massage bed. U can call her n check her rates. 81575326. :)

Hi, what r her charges like for both prenatal n postnatal?

Thanks so much for sharing - i think i will give her tinkle. ;-)

Hey ladies how soon do u do your pre natal massages? I am reaching my 16 weeks and already feel some aches in my neck and back.
Is it too soon to do?

I highly recommend my massage lady. She is thai and can speak English & Chinese.
I just finished my post natal massage with her. Her massage package is uniquely catered for women after delivery.

It comprises of 7 steps:
1) Full body massage (her massage skill is very good, makes your body relaxed & relieve aching from carrying baby)
2) Hot stone massage
3) Herb ball massage
4) Steam sauna with Thai herb
5) Body scrub
6) Herbal bath
7) Tummy wrap
(Breast massage to loosen milk duct)

The whole process last for 3 to 4 hours, $150 per session. Initially I find her charges on the high side but after 5 days sessions, I never regret spending the money, I even extend another 5 more sessions.
Each individual step has a benefit to recuperate our women's body after delivery.

She also does pre-natal massage, but I am not sure how are her charges for pre-natal. I really like her massage techniques, one of the best so far that I have tried.
Very nice & friendly lady, you can call her hp to enquire more...
Jang : 98429 7376

I decided to give Enda a shot even though some reviews were not fantastic, but she let me down twice by not appearing.

The first time she at least messaged me to inform me that she won't be here and thereafter arranged another time slot with me for a make up session

The next time, and also will be my last, she completely ignored my messages when she was late, refused to pick up my calls and even don't even have the courtesy to call me back even though she was online on whatsapp.

Even though her services are at $40/hour, it is totally not worth it as she wasted 2 days of my time. I would rather pay more for someone more reliable.

Just had shida for massage again. Asked her about post natal package. Her package provides massage, tummy binder with jamu cream and settle engorgement if necessary.

Package cost
5 days - $350
7 days - $450
10 days - $650

I highly recommend my massage lady. She is thai and can speak English & Chinese.
I just finished my post natal massage with her. Her massage package is uniquely catered for women after delivery.

It comprises of 7 steps:
1) Full body massage (her massage skill is very good, makes your body relaxed & relieve aching from carrying baby)
2) Hot stone massage
3) Herb ball massage
5) Body scrub
6) Herbal bath
7) Tummy wrap

The whole process last for 3 to 4 hours, $150 per session. Initially I find her charges on the high side but after 5 days sessions, I never regret spending the money, I even extend another 5 more sessions.
Each individual step has a benefit to recuperate our women's body after delivery.

She also does pre-natal massage, but I am not sure how are her charges for pre-natal. I really like her massage techniques, one of the best so far that I have tried.

Hi is the number you provided for Jang correct? The phone number seems to have an extra number.

I jus engaged enda ytd. She was friendly but i felt that she was not as professional as another masseuse that my colleague recommended. She did not have anything to cover my bed so when she massage me in oil and i had to flip, my bedsheet is filled with oil stains. She was sure about where to apply pressure but i personally preferred more pressure. I did not ask her to apply more pressure cos i wanted to know what is her usual practice. I told her im having aches under my right shoulder blade. She kinda just rubbed it for about 5-10 minutes which i expected pressure instead.

The masseuse my colleague recommended had sarong for me to wrap, covered the bed in sarong, asked to turn on aircon at 24/25 degrees and set lot light for ambience. She used really fragrant oil and she applies just the right amt of pressure i need. She massages the bottom of my feet too which makes it really comfortable which enda did not.

I was more pleased with my colleague's recommendation as compared to enda. However if you are tight in budget or prefers light massages then you can try enda.

Hi can you share the contact of your colleague's recommendation? Thanks

I just had mdm layla for massage. Indeed i love her firm presses. However she did not bring a massage bed like u mentioned n did not provide anything to cover the bed. Luckily i had enough towels to cover so the bed is not gonna be oily. $70/hr, used to work in a spa, learnt her prenatal skills frm her grandma where the spa got her to do mostly prenatal massages. To compare, mdm layla had more firm presses, shida slightly a little lesser but still very comfortable for me. Both knew where my aching spots were at and worked well on it. Shida charges $10 lesser and prepares everything. Shida seems more busy, hard to arrange time with her. So personally for myself if i cant get shida, i will get mdm layla. :)

Thank you, i am now week 12, guess i will wait awhile more before checking with the different massage ladies suggested. :)

It comprises of 7 steps:
2) Hot stone massage
3) Herb ball massage
5) Body scrub
6) Herbal bath
7) Tummy wrap

Hi angbao, would like to check with u if jang would provide all the things needed for her services? Or do we need to prepare anything? Cos i see she got steam sauna den how do we do tt at our home?

Hi, I have used a Malay lady for postnatal massage a few years back. I just recently asked her for prenatal massage (hehe am 36 weeks pregnant now) and get to know that she's having a home massage service company. The prenatal massage was a wonderful experience.

She just posted a promotion on the postnatal package and I have just signed up. Hehehe.. I prefer at least 90 mins per session. And actually the therapist is not very stingy on her time unless she has back to back appointment. She will normally provide more than 90 mins including the wrap. Something that I like....and btw, she's a certified therapist.

Website is luanatherapy.com

Hope this helps!!

I tried Shida a strokes are firm but she didn't prepare anything for me like what another member mentioned here. No cloth to cover the bed sheet and no lights.

I tried Shida a strokes are firm but she didn't prepare anything for me like what another member mentioned here. No cloth to cover the bed sheet and no lights.
No cloth? I've nv encountered her without preparing anything. Shes always prepared. dim lights are from your own house.

Hi
Ive actually engaged mdm layla on the post natal package for 7days.
Just wanted to share and gather some feedback.
I also had to provide own towels to cover my bed .Small matter though.
I find her quite knowledgeable.
First session was on Tuesday.
Second session she said my body should rest for 1 day so she came by on Thursday.
Then after the second session which I found to be a bit of rush...She wanted to start in the afternoon which I found to be a bit weird.. in all my previous post natal sessions all came in the early morning. But in the end she came at 1130am after asking her to come by in the morning.

Then after the second session, (Thursday)
She said see you next week. And I asked why is the gap getting bigger? She said because of my c sect wound??

I wasn't convinced and I think it showed on my face.
Pls let me know if anyone have experienced something similar?? Esp on the gap in between sessions. o_O

I can't change cos already paid for the package. ..
Oh dear. I think u better chase her n ask her to come. I engaged a masseuse called rose. She came everyday in e morning at 830. Brought her own massage bed and left it at my hse. Bind and wrap everyday except for last session. I had her for 10 sessions

Hi dear
Just did that. waiting for her reply.
Sigh...I'm just caught by surprise that there is a gap of 3 days in between. This is not my 1st child...1 day gap I can accept..but 3 or more days...Then what effect would the eventually have on me . Its like going for a normal massage..one off like that.
:(
Yeah man. Mine i had 2 days gap cos she couldnt slot in me on e frs day n second day i had to bring bb for check up. My masseuse is very punctual. Thankful for that. I always sleep thru her massages. If u intend to change, i can recommend. But first must settle this mdm layla n get back ur money if u intend to change.

I recommend auntie Emmy, a Malay massage lady I engaged for both post natal recoveries. Very professional, super friendly and hand pressure is great. I got problem like blocked ducts and stiff neck, all clear by her. Tummy also much smaller after the sessions. Her no: ‪9696 4578‬. Package is 500 for 7 sessions.

Just to share with the rest here not to purchase from Baby Bellies. I bought the prenatal voucher from them during the baby fair but had difficulty reaching them. I tried calling them for one week but no one answer the call. I even message the hp number on their website but there was no reply even though the person has read the message.

Then I finally reach someone 2 days ago but have difficulty booking a massage slot. They say every weekend is fully booked and even when I try to book during weekday off peak hours but was also told it's fully booked. I got fed up and ask for refund then no one entertain me subsequently. So now I'm stranded and I will be going to CASE to file report.

Anyone else have similar experience as me?

Hi Minminmin,

Can u share hw r ur sessions w Rose?

Etc effectiveness; relieve ur tiredness and water retention/slim down? And package cost if u have the details...thks!

So ur 1st choice recommendation will be Rose since Shida u didn engage for postal massage rite?

Hi Minminmin,

Can u share hw r ur sessions w Rose?

Etc effectiveness; relieve ur tiredness and water retention/slim down? And package cost if u have the details...thks!

So ur 1st choice recommendation will be Rose since Shida u didn engage for postal massage rite?
I sleep through her sessions usually. Its a good break from fatigue of trying to adapt to a newborn and trying to wake up to latch bb in the middle of the night. Just that her ginger oil was too cold for me in the morning i had to ask her to switch to another oil. Her binder is tight and my tummy really slim down alot after 3 days. She brings her massage bed which makes her very professional. She will leave her massage bed in your house. She helps with engorgement too. I had quite a few engorgements becos i was too tired n slept thru e night without pumping and latching. She will give advices and also tells u whats happening to ur body. package cost is different depending on the number of sessions. U may want to check with her.

I sleep through her sessions usually. Its a good break from fatigue of trying to adapt to a newborn and trying to wake up to latch bb in the middle of the night. Just that her ginger oil was too cold for me in the morning i had to ask her to switch to another oil. Her binder is tight and my tummy really slim down alot after 3 days. She brings her massage bed which makes her very professional. She will leave her massage bed in your house. She helps with engorgement too. I had quite a few engorgements becos i was too tired n slept thru e night without pumping and latching. She will give advices and also tells u whats happening to ur body. package cost is different depending on the number of sessions. U may want to check with her.

Thks Miniminmin!

Yeah man. Mine i had 2 days gap cos she couldnt slot in me on e frs day n second day i had to bring bb for check up. My masseuse is very punctual. Thankful for that. I always sleep thru her massages. If u intend to change, i can recommend. But first must settle this mdm layla n get back ur money if u intend to change.

Hi hi..

Just wanted to inform you ( although very late) that Mdm Layla actually explained to me why the gap was as such. More of healing of the wound so that my body is rested and well for the next session.

Guess I was just shocked. But she explained well.. hope your baby is well and growing.

Back