Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Haha I think I will feel super paiseh he read this thread. He must be thinking all these silly pple trying all sort of myth to improve chances and overanalysing everything. Haha. I bet many pple ask him also eh I read that xxxx in forum issit true.

@queby77
Congrats to your bikini for pet ;) I saw your post on the other thread. It brings hope to the rest of us.

2 F cups will feel like carrying 2 rock melons. :D

I guess prof must be happy to know of the compliments on him on this thread.
Am still cautiously happy till tmr.. I don't have any more hpt after testing on 8dp3dt & 10dp3dt.

I have since flipped both my melons onto my shoulders.

went for prof's seminar yest ... he made quite a number of references to the "chat forum" and how we get our info from "chat forum" :D hubby and i felt that he said it with disdain hahaha

but it was informative nonetheless ... and saw a much lighter side of him hehe ... and saw him without bow tie too!

Eg of references made?Fine to share?hehe

Hello all! I'm new here and starting on my Ivf journey soon with NUH.

I'll be starting on Nore on 14 June for 9 days and stim on 27 June. Feeling so excited to be one step nearer to my dream! Am worried on the possible side effects, so I am hoping for the best.

I went to prof seminar on sat too and it's really very informative! Feel so motivated after his detailed explanation.

Eg of references made?Fine to share?hehe
Think there are more but I only remember these for now:

1) Support groups: NUH organised it 4 times before, but each time it died down ... but we can get our support from others on the forum
2) High protein diet: Can do that, but the "rumours" came about because people with OHSS suffer a loss of protein ... but otherwise there's no need for high protein
3) DHEA, royal jelly, supplements in general: He doesn't recommend, and he wonders why people would read on forum and believe other people and start popping stuff into our mouths without knowing what they are
4) TCM: Can't remember the details liao haha, but sth about we read and we follow what people do

1) Support groups: NUH organised it 4 times before, but each time it died down ... but we can get our support from others on the forum
2) High protein diet: Can do that, but the "rumours" came about because people with OHSS suffer a loss of protein ... but otherwise there's no need for high protein
3) DHEA, royal jelly, supplements in general: He doesn't recommend, and he wonders why people would read on forum and believe other people and start popping stuff into our mouths without knowing what they are
4) TCM: Can't remember the details liao haha, but sth about we read and we follow what people do
Haha not surprising abt 3) and 4) ... prof has always been against most supplement and tcm. He doesn't even advocate saizen which I know kkh dr do prescribe for egg quality.

I never heard NUH got organise another support group leh.
Aiya must understand that nowadays people need the convenience of being in a forum via mobile phone.
And also people prefer to be anonymous so meeting up physically not a v popular idea

I din noe abt 1) at all...hehe...3) & 4) I noe...asked a few times on wat supplement I shld/can take to help...the answer as far is the same...none but make sure keep to folic acid...hahaha...I'm really surprised by 2)...but really tks alot for sharing coz I'm really dun wan to get disgusted by the proteins,last fresh all I took was Ensure milk n 2 eggs daily n I found it hard to keep to it daily..still intend to plan a 65g protein menu b4 stim starts this cycle...I can understand y chr nurse advised me to consume hi proteins then...im in high risk of ohss given my Amh n overstim situation...i puked when i drank 2nd pouch of immunocal...:(..Any idea how to make it more tasty?iI dun mind taking coz is for general well being...but the taste ah...really ah....o_O

really good to know...tks veraine!

I never heard NUH got organise another support group leh.
Aiya must understand that nowadays people need the convenience of being in a forum via mobile phone.
And also people prefer to be anonymous so meeting up physically not a v popular idea
Yeah .. he said they offered rooms in the hospital for the meetings, but usually it'll die down when the active ones succeed with conceiving

I think it's also not easy for working people to take time out to meet f2f ..

So this is a good place! :)

I din noe abt 1) at all...hehe...3) & 4) I noe...asked a few times on wat supplement I shld/can take to help...the answer as far is the same...none but make sure keep to folic acid...hahaha...I'm really surprised by 2)...but really tks alot for sharing coz I'm really dun wan to get disgusted by the proteins,last fresh all I took was Ensure milk n 2 eggs daily n I found it hard to keep to it daily..still intend to plan a 65g protein menu b4 stim starts this cycle...I can understand y chr nurse advised me to consume hi proteins then...im in high risk of ohss given my Amh n overstim situation...i puked when i drank 2nd pouch of immunocal...:(..Any idea how to make it more tasty?iI dun mind taking coz is for general well being...but the taste ah...really ah....o_O

Try different ways of cooking eggs? And try other sources of "natural" proteins? Bake stuff by adding protein powder?

I'm on a pretty high protein diet currently so will just stick to it ... but cos I love eggs and chicken breast and I can eat the same thing again and again everyday

Yeah .. he said they offered rooms in the hospital for the meetings, but usually it'll die down when the active ones succeed with conceiving

I think it's also not easy for working people to take time out to meet f2f ..

So this is a good place! :)

Oic...nuh ones r meetup support groups...quite difficult to sustain I feel...f2f can b pretty awkward...welcome to our virtual world...lol

Try different ways of cooking eggs? And try other sources of "natural" proteins? Bake stuff by adding protein powder?

I'm on a pretty high protein diet currently so will just stick to it ... but cos I love eggs and chicken breast and I can eat the same thing again and again everyday

I cooked different style liao..chawanmushi, jus plain steam, sunny sideup(more cooked type), scramble, omelette cheese, stir fry with tomato....did all kinds...but I cannt stand daily...I do love eggs n Yeah man chicken breast meat...but daily is scary, I cant hav the same food back to back or daily for too long a period...I stopped for a while...lol...very notty..

BUT jus do it la...dun whine, no pt ya...lol...will start soon b4 stim...guess can drop the protein intake after ER n confirmed coast clear of ohss then?...hehe

Last edited:
Congrats in advance! You did ivf or iui?
Tmr congrats better :) cos not sure if it's false positive also...

I failed my 1st IUI in Mar-Apr then straight away go IVF in May. Though prof was away, I put my faith in Dr Anu who started seeing me half journey into my stims and increased my dosage until she managed ER and ET. I hope I can help raise the awareness of not just Prof but his entire team including the nurses will be able to help us achieve our dreams to come true.

I am with you all and thanks for being with me too on this journey to mamahood

I cooked different style liao..chawanmushi, jus plain steam, sunny side(more cooked type), scramble, omelette cheese, stir fry with tomato....did all kinds...but I cannt stand daily...I do love eggs n Yeah man chicken breast meat...but daily is scary, I cant hav the same food back to back or daily for too long a period...I stopped for a while...lol...very notty..

BUT jus do it la...dun whine, no pt ya...lol...will start soon b4 stim...guess can drop the protein intake after ER n confirmed coast clear of ohss then?...hehe
Make shakes and mesh everything together hahaha ... maybe can't taste the egg?

I'm contemplating doing that for myself ... but lazy to wash leh

@queby77
Everyone in the NUH team plays an important role!
I read of story whereby a nurse conveyed wrong hormone dose to patient on overseas forum.
Thinking back on the process, it can be quite confusing on the dosage especially for gonal f or puregon. At one time Dr Chew asked to inject 187.5 and I keep turning and I can't get 187.5 on Puregon. I realized only when I started to use gonal f then I think think dr chew must have mixed out the 2 pens cos gonal f indeed have 187.5 units.

Thinking back on the process, it can be quite confusing on the dosage especially for gonal f or puregon. At one time Dr Chew asked to inject 187.5 and I keep turning and I can't get 187.5 on Puregon. I realized only when I started to use gonal f then I think think dr chew must have mixed out the 2 pens cos gonal f indeed have 187.5 units.

Did you contact the clinic to double check with DR or you round up the dose and inject in the end?

I either mix with yakult or chocolate milk... i find yakult hides the taste very well. That is the recommendation of the supplier lady herself. Also must drink on empty stomach in morning so ur less likely to gag

@queby77
Yes. Everyone in the NUH team plays an important role!
I read of story whereby a nurse conveyed wrong hormone dose to patient on other overseas forum.

Yeah man...
Even the receptionist nurse also play her role well...hehehe...she helped to pull up my records n advised/reminded us on our medisave balance...at least in all aspects,we r well taken care of...I hav been with nuh since nov'13...n still staying with them despite the failures...there's definitely good reasons y i am...:p:D:rolleyes:

I either mix with yakult or chocolate milk... i find yakult hides the taste very well. That is the recommendation of the supplier lady herself. Also must drink on empty stomach in morning so ur less likely to gag

I mixed it with vitagen...but somehow I tasted this fishy or bloody or iron taste..it shld taste like tt ya?

I cooked different style liao..chawanmushi, jus plain steam, sunny sideup(more cooked type), scramble, omelette cheese, stir fry with tomato....did all kinds...but I cannt stand daily...I do love eggs n Yeah man chicken breast meat...but daily is scary, I cant hav the same food back to back or daily for too long a period...I stopped for a while...lol...very notty..

Can try hot water over egg white, so it becomes a drink? I guess adding honey to it for taste is workable as well. My mil has been drinking a cup of hot water over egg with honey every morning for years, if she can do it, it must be swollowable

Can try hot water over egg white, so it becomes a drink? I guess adding honey to it for taste is workable as well. My mil has been drinking a cup of hot water over egg with honey every morning for years, if she can do it, it must be swollowable

Tks tks...I will try that as well...;)

Hello all! I'm new here and starting on my Ivf journey soon with NUH.

I'll be starting on Nore on 14 June for 9 days and stim on 27 June. Feeling so excited to be one step nearer to my dream! Am worried on the possible side effects, so I am hoping for the best.

I went to prof seminar on sat too and it's really very informative! Feel so motivated after his detailed explanation.
Another cycling buddy! :)

Our stim start about the same time: @MonkeyChick 23rd, @sj123 25th, me 26th and you're 27th!

Hi all! I am new to the forum but have been reading for a while. If all goes as planned, I am also going to be cycle buddies with many of you - very cool! I should start NorE on June 8. Still waiting to hear from CHR for how many days I will be taking NorE but stimming should start the week of Jun 22. This is my second fresh cycle with NUH. Despite my first cycle being BFN, I had a great experience with NUH and am actually quite excited to be jabbing myself again soon. Just want to say hi!

Hello girls.....i am back.
It has been almost 3 weeks MIA from this forum due to some family matter.

It was great to see many new members here, welcome on board ;)

@queby77....congrats on your bikini for pet...feeling excited to see a good news :)

@MonkeyChick, remembeRainbow, Day_Dreaming, Chloe_Ng, Veraine....miss you all. Hope that all of you are good and doing well

@lucasmum....how have you been? Very silent in the forum like me, hope that you are doing well too...

@queby77....congrats on your bikini for pet...feeling excited to see a good news :)

@MonkeyChick, remembeRainbow, Day_Dreaming, Chloe_Ng, Veraine....miss you all. Hope that all of you are good and doing well

@lucasmum....how have you been? Very silent in the forum like me, hope that you are doing well too...

We miss you too, dear! I was wondering what happen to you.

Hope your family matter has been settled and things are back to normal for you and family. :)

Exciting ...machiam got more war mates to fight the war together..hehe...

@mimidestiny,
Welcome onboard...:D
Woah :)
So many of you cycling together, really good to support each other.

I try to convince Prof to let me start fresh when i see him on 11 Jun. After my first FET failed early of May, i was schedule to see Prof in Jun, long wait again....

Beta not out yet.. 11am

Now waiting at the lover seat..

Hope all is well for u. God bless

Glad to see u back happybb. Hope your family is well.

We miss you too, dear! I was wondering what happen to you.

Hope your family matter has been settled and things are back to normal for you and family. :)
I am doing fine..no worries. I did read up the forum when i have time but never reply to the forum.

My dad was admitted to hospital, he was discharged and healthy now.

I always wonder thing happened for a reason. I read some of the patient get to see Prof in May after their fail cycle, but i was schedule to see Prof only in Jun...right after my failed FET, my dad was unwell and we have to monitor his condition and sent him to hospital. Although its long wait to see Prof, but maybe its better for me as i may not able to cope it.

Back