(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Sigh some aunties are really just too damn bored and bitter. Must be insecure about something that they must try and make others feel bad in order for themselves to feel good. Pathetic. Yes just ignore their rude asses!

Weight gain is normal. We need to gain a healthy amount of weight to provide for our babies. Breastfeeding, good balanced diet and exercise helps with weight loss for sure but there will be changes in our body that will be there no matter what - stretch marks, scars, loose skin.. Those are our motherhood "badges" and "battlescars"! Each mark tells a story of the baby we carried. We should wear them proudly. Cheer up mommies!
Ya. then i must be proud of my tummy. Hahaha!

Seriously after spending time at kkh for my wife's issue, i feel that thats really nothing much the doc can do if you bleed a lot at this point of time, maybe a jab. If is brown blood and not the period second day amount should be fine. My wife is still having brown discharges for the past few days until now. Can only watch and see and wait till gynae appt on monday. But her ms is very bad, even in the middle of the night, keep waking up with gastric pain and sometimes to vomit.

Just see my doc yesterday, baby is growing n healthy.. What a relief. Yes she said there are no particular reason why there are bleeding n discharge. She said maybe I m too stress with work and baby want to me to rest. And she give me 15days of hospitalization leave to bed rest.. Haiz my employer going to be unhappy le.

Hope everything go well too for yr wife on Monday check up.. :)

i

I had more food aversions than cravings. I wasn't vomiting or nauseous just no desire for for food. Once that passed, i ate normally again but my normal meal portions is small but frequent. But i guess people expected me to eat mountain loads so got criticised for eating so "little". My cousin was a bit big and also got nagged.. Too big cannot, too small also cannot! Really can't win. Lol.

Me too.. Eat very little. Had already lost 3kg so far. My hubby still joke say I m slimmer when I m pregnant..faintz.

Just see my doc yesterday, baby is growing n healthy.. What a relief. Yes she said there are no particular reason why there are bleeding n discharge. She said maybe I m too stress with work and baby want to me to rest. And she give me 15days of hospitalization leave to bed rest.. Haiz my employer going to be unhappy le.

Glad that everything is okie.
Don't worry about your employer, baby is more important. Rest well and take care. :)

Can I ask is the first trimester screening at kkh same as oscar? I had blood test and a scan. Result was high risk for downs. Is it true this test is less accurate for twins? I have also made appointment with Dr Ananda. Is harmony accurate for twins?

Come and join our Aug WhatsApp group so we can arrange for a meet up easily :D
Pm @xuan_mom

We treasure all our children, every single one and take parenthood very seriously.

I really cannot understand the mentality of the older generation, see their children like sort of commodity. :confused:

I hope so. Sometimes she makes me very angry but today on the train, she see a empty seat and run very fast to it and quickly asked me to sit down. :D

Me too ... normally (before preggy) I can control my temper quite well but now subconsciously, I will flare but I do not mean too.

Like today, there's a little boy who's quite rude say we blocked his way. Normal day (before pregnancy), I will just ignore. Today I just turned my head and stared very angrily at him.

I shouted at my mum too. She likes to repeat. Normally I will just keep quiet but once, I shouted at her to tell her my answer is NO :confused:

I also smacked my girl's head once when she made me repeat many times :confused:

Me too!! I can eat throughout the day then start to regret when I trigger the ms :confused:

Got aug whatapps grp... care to add me 91897177

Just going through NTUC income hospitalisation plan app form and noted point 2(c).

A while back I mentioned above the likelihood of newborns getting sick and some may unfortunately get bronchitis/ pneumonia. See how point 2(c) mentions that.

So it's good idea to cover them under a comprehensive Hosp plan as soon as they are born. That's my take anyways :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 167
Done my oscar test yesterday. Me and hubby was so excited looking at our bb slping in me and waking up with flying hands. LOL... my hubby was smiling all the way when the doctor introduce bb different portions. Little hands, little feets, little tummy.... nose... and also hearing bb heartbeat. Bb was slping soundly in the beginning with hands hugging eachother and crossed leg. Suddenly wake up half way thru the scan, probably bb tot we are playing with him/her and start dancing around inside me! :D Doc have to keep calming bb down so that she can explore more of the body. LOL.. funny scene.. but touching.

Next genentic scan will be 2 mths later le.. the waiting is so long..!! :(

Also doing so recki on the price at novena sq and share with everyone here.. There is this kids store (2nd/3rd level) selling very cute stuffs. Have alot of bobdog and other cartoons clothes and toys. They sell babies accessories too eg. Baby powder, powder bottle, milk container etc. They also sell pram, walkers, milk bottles, hipster carrier etc. Avent set ( with 2 small and 2 big milk btl, 1 pacifier and 1 washing brush was $50+) hipster carrier ($60+ to $70+ range) normal carrier ($40+ to $60+) teats ($7.90) pram and walker I did not check the price because the selection was limited so gg to bb fair to check out instead. :D

Hope this help those MTB to understand the price market better. ;)

hi :)

I'm a mother of one gal, who's having PSLE this year.
Expecting a surprised (unplanned) 2nd, EDD on 21 Aug (coincidentally, my firstborn's bday is 22 Aug) :p

I'm staying at Bukit Panjang, opposite BPP.
Working full time now, nauseous 24/7 with no appetite & whole family still in shock over the news <haha> ;)

Can I ask is the first trimester screening at kkh same as oscar? I had blood test and a scan. Result was high risk for downs. Is it true this test is less accurate for twins? I have also made appointment with Dr Ananda. Is harmony accurate for twins?
Hi it is the same as oscar test. Harmony is also a screening test but with a higher accuracy. Can I ask which factor contributes to the higher risk? Is it measurement or blood test? You can pm me if you wish for further discussion. I had a bad result too.

Got aug whatapps grp... care to add me 91897177

okok sure, will let @xuan_mom know :)

Done my oscar test yesterday. Me and hubby was so excited looking at our bb slping in me and waking up with flying hands. LOL... my hubby was smiling all the way when the doctor introduce bb different portions. Little hands, little feets, little tummy.... nose... and also hearing bb heartbeat. Bb was slping soundly in the beginning with hands hugging eachother and crossed leg. Suddenly wake up half way thru the scan, probably bb tot we are playing with him/her and start dancing around inside me! :D Doc have to keep calming bb down so that she can explore more of the body. LOL.. funny scene.. but touching.

Also doing so recki on the price at novena sq and share with everyone here.. There is this kids store (2nd/3rd level) selling very cute stuffs. Have alot of bobdog and other cartoons clothes and toys. They sell babies accessories too eg. Baby powder, powder bottle, milk container etc. They also sell pram, walkers, milk bottles, hipster carrier etc. Avent set ( with 2 small and 2 big milk btl, 1 pacifier and 1 washing brush was $50+) hipster carrier ($60+ to $70+ range) normal carrier ($40+ to $60+) teats ($7.90) pram and walker I did not check the price because the selection was limited so gg to bb fair to check out instead. :D

Haha bb is so cute right... i will walk around and browse the price too. There are so many selections now.
Now wherever I go, I will survey the prices, do home do some "homework" before decide what to buy.

hi :)

I'm a mother of one gal, who's having PSLE this year.
Expecting a surprised (unplanned) 2nd, EDD on 21 Aug (coincidentally, my firstborn's bday is 22 Aug) :p

I'm staying at Bukit Panjang, opposite BPP.
Working full time now, nauseous 24/7 with no appetite & whole family still in shock over the news <haha> ;)

P6! i thought i was really far with a P3 gal. so this year u will be stress with PSLE and having to look after a newborn at the same time.
Mine was unplanned too but is a pleasant surprise just that there's a jittery feel to think of looking after a newborn again.

P6! i thought i was really far with a P3 gal. so this year u will be stress with PSLE and having to look after a newborn at the same time.
Mine was unplanned too but is a pleasant surprise just that there's a jittery feel to think of looking after a newborn again.

Yup, sane >o<
Feeling unsure whether I can go through it all over again.... haha

I think so, how old are you ? Mine also high risk..

Hi it is the same as oscar test. Harmony is also a screening test but with a higher accuracy. Can I ask which factor contributes to the higher risk? Is it measurement or blood test? You can pm me if you wish for further discussion. I had a bad result too.

Mine just draw blood to test again , doctor told us the result 99% accuracy.

so exciting and heartwarming. did u video it all down?

okok sure, will let @xuan_mom know :)

Haha bb is so cute right... i will walk around and browse the price too. There are so many selections now.
Now wherever I go, I will survey the prices, do home do some "homework" before decide what to buy.

Share share ur market price survey too. Lol...:)

Can video de ar? I dunno eh... me and hubby nv video!! OMG... so regret :mad::(

yes yes :) it's ok u can video nxt round. Video earlier as ultrasound can still capture the full body now. Once they get bigger, then can only see section by section heee... still plenty of time to video :)

Hi
Ladies, my friend is able to teach prenatal yoga. Location will be east side. The studio is in Siglap. Looking at $280 for 10 sessions. Anyone interested?

Hi I m interested but need to confirm with Gynae which is after cny. Yes weekend mornings are preferred

yes yes :) it's ok u can video nxt round. Video earlier as ultrasound can still capture the full body now. Once they get bigger, then can only see section by section heee... still plenty of time to video :)

Can video de ar? I dunno eh... me and hubby nv video!! OMG... so regret :mad::(

My husband tried to video but after awhile, got caught by the sonographer and she said, no video-recording. :(
Mine was outsourced to one of the Thomson clinics, don't know why so strict.
I read blogs that some parents can video as and when they want. So if your's can, just video! :)
But then also because in video-recording mode, cannot zoom so it is not very clear because still got abit of distance to the screen.

Doctor gave mi 2 weeks of HL when he first cfm im preg too. ANd lucky he gave mi. That 2 weeks is the worst of my MS.

My husband tried to video but after awhile, got caught by the sonographer and she said, no video-recording. :(
Mine was outsourced to one of the Thomson clinics, don't know why so strict.
I read blogs that some parents can video as and when they want. So if your's can, just video! :)
But then also because in video-recording mode, cannot zoom so it is not very clear because still got abit of distance to the screen.

Is yours iPhone? Mine can zoom when in video mode. My gynea got his nurse to video for me on the 'computer' screen that he looks at. The screen that I look at is indeed far!!

Your ultrasound not done by gynae?

Dear ladies,

Just to update on the genetic scanning which i did earlier at 12pm wif dr ananda.

Took abt 45min for the ultrasound.

Went through diff part of bb organs.. He will indicate the left kidney, right kidney, liver, fingers, toes..

Dr say everything 'seems' normal...

He manage to tel me the gender also though i alrdy knew it thru the harmony test..

Hmmm.. He give me a copy of the report & he will fax over to my gynae as well..

Cost of the scan is $450

He scheduled me for a detailed 21st week scan in march.

Last edited:
Is yours iPhone? Mine can zoom when in video mode. My gynea got his nurse to video for me on the 'computer' screen that he looks at. The screen that I look at is indeed far!!

Your ultrasound not done by gynae?

Yah, mine is iphone, cant zoom. :(
Ohhh.. So good! Mine not done by gynae, she outsourced to thomsom clinics.

If i m born with asthma ,sinus and ezema , wat r the odds of my child having it?

Don't worry, maybe your baby will skip the bad things and only absorb the good one. :)

Maybe must try to build up baby's immune when young so that let baby not so easy develop these even though with some pre-conditions. A friend's friend who caught asthma when young, the doctor said it was due to excessive crying during one event so you may want to note that and don't let more things aggravate the situation.

Did my oscars at Novena Tmc yest, today clinic called to say results is borderline for bloodtest.
Have to arrange to c Dr Adrian with my hubby this sat.
I tink its v common to redo oscars or do harmony nowadays.
Haiz..as long as baby is healthy i m very thankful liao
I am a westie too! Bukit batok.hehe

Read a few false negative results for oscars.. End up mtbs still have to do harmony test to confirm..

Must be :( while waiting for 2 weeks for another blood test result to come back..

Perhaps they should just away the oscars & just recommend harmony test..

I think oscar is impt in the scanning portion cos they look at structural growth. If there is a way to combine both that will be good. In my first kid the oscar detected potential heart problem which led to further monitoring before the 20 week detailed scan so in a way it is still useful but maybe not as useful in detecting chromosomal abnormalities. Just some thoughts.

Did my oscars at Novena Tmc yest, today clinic called to say results is borderline for bloodtest.
Have to arrange to c Dr Adrian with my hubby this sat.
I tink its v common to redo oscars or do harmony nowadays.
Haiz..as long as baby is healthy i m very thankful liao
I am a westie too! Bukit batok.hehe

I also did my oscar scan yesterday at novena medical center and also with dr adrian!! But have not received any ph call yet. So coincidence.... when is ur EDD?

So angry just now!!.:mad::mad:

Was doing survey price recently at metro, kiddy palace etc. Suddenly MIL say dont buy anything before 7th 8th months. I told her I will buy some stuffs during April during bb fair due to attractive discount. I explained i will not buy clothes, only baby pram, milk bottles or breastpump if there is really good discount etc. She keep saying NO cuz patang.. later bb come out very naughty blah blah blah... I told hubby that im not gonna care and listen and he scolded me for being stubborn not listening to elderly. :mad:

Any MTBs here listen to all this thing? Thou there are certain things have to listen, but I dun agree all have to follow lo... :( So angry and sad! Doesnt know how to explain to my hubby abt my anger. Haiz...

Dun angry lah..

I believe u will be going to the bb fair without MIL, so just buy what u want when u r there lor..

One ear in one ear out..

Hubby sometims also diff position..

So if u disagree, just voice out once..

Who knows, maybe when u guys are at the bb fair, your hubby maybe wan to buy more than u.. Hehe

I also did my oscar scan yesterday at novena medical center and also with dr adrian!! But have not received any ph call yet. So coincidence.... when is ur EDD?
Hehe, my appt was 2.30pm yest. Perhaps u r 1 of the 2 couples before me! I was alone as last min CC called up saying my younger twin is having fever so hubby gtg back to pick up.
My edd 23/08 but most prob earlier coz my twins were csecf as their position was 1 heads down n 1 breech.
Tat time i did ask Dr Adrian can delay further anot, he told me usually twins full term is 37 wks n i dragged to almost 38 wks plus i m abit petite

Was doing survey price recently at metro, kiddy palace etc. Suddenly MIL say dont buy anything before 7th 8th months. I told her I will buy some stuffs during April during bb fair due to attractive discount. I explained i will not buy clothes, only baby pram, milk bottles or breastpump if there is really good discount etc. She keep saying NO cuz patang.. later bb come out very naughty blah blah blah... I told hubby that im not gonna care and listen and he scolded me for being stubborn not listening to elderly. :mad:

Any MTBs here listen to all this thing? Thou there are certain things have to listen, but I dun agree all have to follow lo... :( So angry and sad! Doesnt know how to explain to my hubby abt my anger. Haiz...

Some stuff can get, just dun mention in front of her.
Its true ur hubby might b in a difficult position coz its his mum mah... Perhaps his tone could have been better instead of scolding u as u are tinking ahead to save $.

Just use another angle and threaten*.. like oh.. dun buy in Apr ah.. then buy in jul fair. . Buy if I too tired to go.. u go and get or the stuff... n make sure nothing is left out..

:p

No, should say better dun screwup or buy wrong brand/item in Jul else later might cause pre/post natal blues.

Too late to buy when u r 7th or.8th mth preg. U nv know if bb decides to come out earlier.
better to get prepared. Somemore got bb fair, will be cheaper.

Hehe, my appt was 2.30pm yest. Perhaps u r 1 of the 2 couples before me! I was alone as last min CC called up saying my younger twin is having fever so hubby gtg back to pick up.
My edd 23/08 but most prob earlier coz my twins were csecf as their position was 1 heads down n 1 breech.
Tat time i did ask Dr Adrian can delay further anot, he told me usually twins full term is 37 wks n i dragged to almost 38 wks plus i m abit petite

Some stuff can get, just dun mention in front of her.
Its true ur hubby might b in a difficult position coz its his mum mah... Perhaps his tone could have been better instead of scolding u as u are tinking ahead to save $.
You are alone yesterday right? I think I saw you then..I was with my hubby haha.. and we are very noisy chatting exploring around the waiting area and you might be sitting alone at the sofa too.

You are alone yesterday right? I think I saw you then..I was with my hubby haha.. and we are very noisy chatting exploring around the waiting area and you might be sitting alone at the sofa too.

Ok, u r the young couple who came out 1st.hahahha
Yes i was sitting alone zoning out thinking wats for lunch that wnt trigger MS.super stoned

If i m born with asthma ,sinus and ezema , wat r the odds of my child having it?

I feel that it's not a certain your offsprings will get these. For asthma, it's usually caused by deterioration of respiratory conditions. Eczema is really quite hard to say. If your hubby doesn't have it, then the odds are not really that against your offsprings.

Don't worry too much, these sorta things really not predictable... :)

Dear ladies,

Just to update on the genetic scanning which i did earlier at 12pm wif dr ananda.

Took abt 45min for the ultrasound.

Went through diff part of bb organs.. He will indicate the left kidney, right kidney, liver, fingers, toes..

Dr say everything 'seems' normal...

He manage to tel me the gender also though i alrdy knew it thru the harmony test..

Hmmm.. He give me a copy of the report & he will fax over to my gynae as well..

Cost of the scan is $450

He scheduled me for a detailed 21st week scan in march.

Congrats on the good results. Gosh really not that pricey compared to Harmony test :)

So genetic scanning will be scans no no further tests, like bloodtests etc?

Did dr comment on how different genetic scanning is compared to the week 20 detailed scan?

For pantang sake, if you wish to follow a wee bit, perhaps can get the large items like cot during a 'good' month, ie 7th or 8th mth per your mil suggestion. Otherwise can ignore her too.

Oh I know!! u can pay for the cot first but arrange for delivery during that auspicious period :) I think we did that. the cot was only delivered after my no.1 was born. But seriously, u can ignore the traditions if it bothers u more to follow them.

Back