(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

i am so sad i am being call inside the room by my boss and he say he terminate me with 1 mth notice...i felt so angry and so sudden that i broke down immediately, cry and almost suffocate due to lack of oxygen i had to take deep breath to clam myself down. i mention that i am pregnant he cannot anyhow terminate me . then he say he dont know about my pregnancy . But i felt he is lying as today i am late today i cant wake up but i sms in advance to let him know that i had serious vomiting, When i reaah the office one of the kpo staff whom is one of the boss relatives ask me whether i am pregnant i felt like vomit so i had no choice but to tell her yes. I been taking mc on last thur and urgent leave on monday he went on to say the people cannnot find me do work as this office only had 2 staff . I am the only staff here for admin. due to my unstable emotion i quarrel and fight for my own views and he kind of shout at me . I decided it was no point to say any more whatever i say there was no point he can say my attitude no gd poor performance or what employer is always right is their own views. I decided to leave immediately and i demand a termination letter before that i was too angry and mentioned that i will have the right to go MOM. Mayne he is scare he refuse to give me an termination letter and suggest for me to come tomorrow to discuss with another big boss. i refused at first cause they are going to repeat the same thing again i dont want to go throught that emotion thing again as my baby is still unstable and i had slight bleeding on monday. . Then i pack all my things and leave the office. it was quite late already. I went home cry and discuss with my hb. If i were to go mom will i lose the case as i had not been really punctual to work but all the while i had been like that and they still confirm me. going to mom is quite troublesome also.. in the end i decided to see the big boss tomorrow morning althought my husband advise me not to go as i am still emotional unstable.. but i guess also no use to say anything as their mind set already want to terminate me. I go because i dont 1 to make a fuss to mom as my salary is only at 1.7k i will just ask for compensation and see how...

Ya, ask for a termination, if he says that ur attendance all not work, ask him for evidence , have That indicated all on the termination letter. He needs to have written evidence to terminate u.

@fantasy1175 ... dont do anything rush. First,have they given you written warning on your attitude, work and so on? 2nd if they terminate you,they have to give you a proper reason with written evidence. You are covered by employment act and henceforth,you can make use of MOM to fight for more compensation. This shall include 4 months maternity and 1 month termination if they are determined to terminate your contract. Now you go back to the office and write them an email. Tell them you have informed one of the relatives og your pregnancy and given that you are terminated without proper explanation after that. Though you may not admit that pregnancy is the cause and you may claim ignorancr, however as I am covered by employment act henceforth I shall take this case to MOM and let them manage my case.

@fantasy1175 . big hugs. dun be too upset or stress. hope everything will work out well. i never encounter such so i cant give advice. Hope your hubby is giving u the best support now. Call MOM and check how they can help b4 submiting the case

Hi all,
Have you all started on pre natal vitamins in first trimester? Or only taking folic acid in the first trimester? Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all,
Have you all started on pre natal vitamins in first trimester? Or only taking folic acid in the first trimester? Thanks
Before pregnancy, I'm on Vit B6 (start prepping my body to prevent MS), CoQ10, prenatal pills, royal jelly and DHA. Now I'm still on it... I was on this pill cocktails for my first pregnancy as well..

@minko1983 @Libbie @oekmer thanks for info. i just went for an appt yest but gynae only prescribed folic. Read from some websites can start to take calcium, fish oil. I know some mums to be take in 2nd trimester, some take in 1st trimester. So a little concerned

I went to a small clinic somewhere opposite siglap centre. You can just ask the staff at the counter if they do blood test to test for pregnancy. I can't remember why I went there cause my regular gp is doc michael wong from raffles medical at siglap centre. That was my first pregnancy last year.

If you want to do blood test at a gp, remember to go early morning so that the courier can come to take your blood to the lab. If you do it at night, the clinic might not do it.

Hi mummies,
My first appointment will be on 5th January. Will it be too long? My last mensus was on 8th November. Feel so unsecured now.

Hi mummies,
My first appointment will be on 5th January. Will it be too long? My last mensus was on 8th November. Feel so unsecured now.

congrats :) its like that gynae usually only wanna see us when we are 7 weeks

my lmp is 27 oct. 1st gynae appt is 19th dec

Hihi,

Had crampy feeling for a wk plus and v v faint brown stains...i thought my menses coming but didnt. Tested this morning at home n it was positive! Too shock to believe as we tried few mths for no. 2.. n i was getting v stress up.. went gp to test again. Confirm positive. Tried fixing appt wif gynae but he is in leave. So have till wait till 22 dec for my 1st appt. I have been feeling v negative abt it. Coz i dun have symptons at all. Onli yesterday nipple a bit pain so i decided to test this morning. Remember i had stomach flu like symptons during my number 1. Now no feeling really make me feel worried, although i know some ppl do have smooth pregnancy.
The wait (for the 1st gynae appt) is really suffering.

I regret not starting to try earlier. It will be a 4 yr gap.. imagine having to start everything all over again.already forgot.
But good thing is by then the elder one is more sensible n can help.

Welcome all mummies, happy to see this thread is growing with more aug 15 mummies. Ya super agree the wait for 1st gynae appointment is so long, even longer than tww. Dunno what is happening in the tummy, feeling insecure.

Mummies, do you guys share the news with your company or friends?
I thought might be better to do it after the first proper scan to be sure its more stable. But just soooo long....

@lovepeace55 i think better don't share. I was asking info from a few mummy friends but didnt admit it. First few weeks very crucial. Once u start vomiting regularly, ppl will know anyway.

Mummies, do you guys share the news with your company or friends?
I thought might be better to do it after the first proper scan to be sure its more stable. But just soooo long....
I make it a point to share to my direct supervisor... Cos she will understand if I need time off to vomit, work from home or etc... Else they will be wondering why I take MC often and what's wrong... Better to be clear to them then hide.... Getting pregnant is a Trump Card... Of cos have to tell supervisor now not stable hence cannot release the news yet...

Hihi,

Had crampy feeling for a wk plus and v v faint brown stains...i thought my menses coming but didnt. Tested this morning at home n it was positive! Too shock to believe as we tried few mths for no. 2.. n i was getting v stress up.. went gp to test again. Confirm positive. Tried fixing appt wif gynae but he is in leave. So have till wait till 22 dec for my 1st appt. I have been feeling v negative abt it. Coz i dun have symptons at all. Onli yesterday nipple a bit pain so i decided to test this morning. Remember i had stomach flu like symptons during my number 1. Now no feeling really make me feel worried, although i know some ppl do have smooth pregnancy.

This is my second pregnancy, absolutely not much symptoms yet... Not even breast ache, maybe cos I'm still doing BF once a day... Didn't even have implantation bleeding... But am having light brown spotting from last week till now... My first one, I have breast ache, implantation bleeding and so on...

Hi all Aug MTB, haven't been posting in this thread as I'm down with very bad cough and flu for almost a week. As this my first pregnancy kind off worry that medication and the cough may affect my bb.

Any experienced Mummy had experience this during ur pregnancy. What other symptoms should I look out as I'm abt 5 weeks now. Thank you for the sharing

Also is they any do and don't to look out? Like some say cannot use scissor, stapler but how to avoid this during daily?

Can still do manicure/pedicure throughout the pregnancy or is only certain trimester cannot do

I make it a point to share to my direct supervisor... Cos she will understand if I need time off to vomit, work from home or etc... Else they will be wondering why I take MC often and what's wrong... Better to be clear to them then hide.... Getting pregnant is a Trump Card... Of cos have to tell supervisor now not stable hence cannot release the news yet...

Your supervisor must be quite nice. My supervisor is not that sympathetic enough. I dont think she will care. She always adopt that attitude "you must finish your own work without other ppl help"

Hihi,

congrats. I tried 4 months for my #2 and 2 months for #3 :)

Yes understand the wait

I had no symptoms too b4 found out pregnant

For my 3 kids all 4 years apart too

#1 will be 8 and #2 will be 4 next years :)
#1 gal super independent. I got no worries
#2 boy super sticky. Headache

Also is they any do and don't to look out? Like some say cannot use scissor, stapler but how to avoid this during daily?

Can still do manicure/pedicure throughout the pregnancy or is only certain trimester cannot do

go visit gynae for medi. It's OK.

Yup I heard about no scissor on bed.

Mani and pedi is fine. But I do it myself

For my 3 kids all 4 years apart too

#1 will be 8 and #2 will be 4 next years :)
#1 gal super independent. I got no worries
#2 boy super sticky. Headache

Mummyof3jays, then your #1 gal and #2 boy are they close to each other? Jie jie sayang di di or not? Cos mine will also be 4yrs apart... Many friends told me 2 or 3yrs apart is better.

I don't think I can escape the part of using scissor and stapler as its part and parcel of job at work. I try to prevent doing manicure/pedicure during this period.

Your supervisor must be quite nice. My supervisor is not that sympathetic enough. I dont think she will care. She always adopt that attitude "you must finish your own work without other ppl help"
Unfortunately not necessary. I informed just so that they will find it troublesome to fault me n terminate me... hahaha... they also expect projects from me but sub consciously, they know the projects might be delay... that's my first pregnancy. But in the end I quited as the pregnancy was difficult with 1 month bleeding n subsequently I have to frequent hospital for checkups due to some congenital issues...

My current one, I informed is because im still under probation. I know I will be confirmed but I just want them to know in case the future ms affects my performance and they wanna terminate me unknowingly of my pregnancy.

Henceforth I said pregnancy is somehow a trump card for protection. I dont have such luck with good bosses btw..

Mummyof3jays, then your #1 gal and #2 boy are they close to each other? Jie jie sayang di di or not? Cos mine will also be 4yrs apart... Many friends told me 2 or 3yrs apart is better.

jiejie love to play with didi.. didi will play with her sometimes. sometimes he prefer to be alone coz at hb side, hb sis and cousin all gals. mine only boy. maybe he use to be lonely le...
10 gals 1 boy

Hi all mummies. . So happy to found this chat.. just tested positive this week with my 1st one..
been feeling very tired, bloated and cant complete all meals..
booked an appt with dr Benjamin Tham in 2 weeks time. Super excited and hope everything is fine. :)

Hi all mummies. . So happy to found this chat.. just tested positive this week with my 1st one..
been feeling very tired, bloated and cant complete all meals..
booked an appt with dr Benjamin Tham in 2 weeks time. Super excited and hope everything is fine. :)
Congrats!

Unfortunately not necessary. I informed just so that they will find it troublesome to fault me n terminate me... hahaha... they also expect projects from me but sub consciously, they know the projects might be delay... that's my first pregnancy. But in the end I quited as the pregnancy was difficult with 1 month bleeding n subsequently I have to frequent hospital for checkups due to some congenital issues...

My current one, I informed is because im still under probation. I know I will be confirmed but I just want them to know in case the future ms affects my performance and they wanna terminate me unknowingly of my pregnancy.

Henceforth I said pregnancy is somehow a trump card for protection. I dont have such luck with good bosses btw..
Glad that you your company is ok, for my previous co, once i told my direct Jp boss about my pregnancy, they after 2 mths before my probation end, find fault on me and ask hr to ask me to leave. Hr just compensate me 2mths of maternity leaves and ask me not to leak out to anyone if not they can seek compensation from me. I regret not complaining to mom. Thus, for my this pregnancy, I tried not to tell my direct superior first before the first trimester as my boss she's not easy to deal with as well. She only took 1 mth ML and return to work the next mth after confinement. The other 3 mths she's taking on and off and still come back for meetings, etc. she took more than 8 mths later to clear her ML,CCL and AL and still clearing now.

Very stress when it's my turn to take ML. Will she have the same expectation on me as what she have been doing?

Back