IVF/ICSI Support Group

may i know how to nurturing the womb before ER, ET and implanation for preparation purpose other than visit tcm for herb and accu? daily drinking red date tea helps? must i skip lipton and coffee? thks.

may i know how to nurturing the womb before ER, ET and implanation for preparation purpose other than visit tcm for herb and accu? daily drinking red date tea helps? must i skip lipton and coffee? thks.
Hi, are u going for yr IVF soon too? I heard eating more egg whites improve egg quantity & quality, so I'll start taking maybe 4 daily once my treatment starts. I'm taking blackmore conceive well, Coq10 and Fish body oil too. I think its better to cut down on caffeine generally. Good luck on yr IVF journey..

Hi, are u going for yr IVF soon too? I heard eating more egg whites improve egg quantity & quality, so I'll start taking maybe 4 daily once my treatment starts. I'm taking blackmore conceive well, Coq10 and Fish body oil too. I think its better to cut down on caffeine generally. Good luck on yr IVF journey..
Thanks, hope to do it again next mth. i am starting off with CW and Coq10 le... :)

How does your hub feel abt this dear?

Before starting ivf, I discussed w hub abt what to do w frosties. We decided we'll give ALL a chance, even if it means us ending up w a football team.
I grew to c them as my "babies" instead of "embryos", so just feel that I wanna protect & nurture them (motherly instinct?)

Many ladies wish for embryos to freeze but have none. So I actually feel fortunate to have quite a few.

That SPECIAL ONE may just b waiting for me in the freezer now, saying "Mummy, I'm THE ONE.. & I'm coming next!"
rememberRainbow, I like your positive thoughts... must learn from u :)

Never realised i have been lazing at home for a week until i received a reminder sms from kkh this morning.

Have been reading all the messages here in the meantime. For the ladies who did not succeed this round, jiayou for the next! Dont give up!

For the ladies (or lady?) who has bfp, congratulations on graduating to the next phase.

I have been trying not to think too much about the verdict next week (though i broke this rule once in a while :p). It is all in the hands of the Lord :)
whmc, how r u?? when is your BT? me started my 2ww too.... tough week for me... my boy was hospitalised for a wk.. sob..sob... I still stay at hospital w him after my ET.
really super emo... out of 4 frostie only 1 survive the thaw ... pray hard it grow well and stick well...

@jumbo gal @ron8129
Thks for replying.

That IUI was unfortunately straight after a Sunday & PH so I couldn't have any scan done. During IUI procedure the follicle on u/s gone liao.

Daily monitoring u/s showed I always +opk at 10-12mm & O at 14mm. CD17 progesterone BT proved I really did O.

My BBT always rise 2-3 days after my u/s confirmed O.

Nuh Prof monitored a few natural cycles, then convinced that I really ovulate prematurely so next IUIs put me on medicated.

Conclusion, only western meds can make me O at correct size :( Too bad clomid cannot take long term, thins my lining.

Sinseh puzzled & say I've a strange body. My BBT also always v low (max36.5 after O)
rememberRainbow, I had the same pro.. bbt went up 3-4 days after opk shows +ve. and my body temperature is slightly low... range between 35.8-36.6only!!!! till a point I told tcm I cannot take bbt, coz too stressful for me. so he spare me from taking bbt.

whmc, how r u?? when is your BT? me started my 2ww too.... tough week for me... my boy was hospitalised for a wk.. sob..sob... I still stay at hospital w him after my ET.
really super emo... out of 4 frostie only 1 survive the thaw ... pray hard it grow well and stick well...

I am fine...surviving the 2ww. Bt is tomorrow morning! Dunno what to expect. I have been trying not to spot symptoms, dont dare to google or ask. Just take things as they come. I am afraid to give myself too high hopes.

Unlike the fresh cycle, hubby dont seem to be very enthusiastic. During the last fresh 2ww, he would still talk about what happens after. He even "talked" to my tummy. This time, nothing. I am a little disappointed that he dont seem to care, but then maybe it is good too. At least one of us wont be too upset if it is not a bfp.

I am fine...surviving the 2ww. Bt is tomorrow morning! Dunno what to expect. I have been trying not to spot symptoms, dont dare to google or ask. Just take things as they come. I am afraid to give myself too high hopes.

Unlike the fresh cycle, hubby dont seem to be very enthusiastic. During the last fresh 2ww, he would still talk about what happens after. He even "talked" to my tummy. This time, nothing. I am a little disappointed that he dont seem to care, but then maybe it is good too. At least one of us wont be too upset if it is not a bfp.
oh... dun think this way.. I get my bag ready to collect bbdusts from u :) guys general are not good in expressing themselves

It's difficult to be excited abt ivf after failing once. Maybe hubby is trying to take it cool this round. Good luck tomorrow.

Ladies, How do u all count whether it is a d2 transfer or d3 transfer? My ER is mon. ET is wed. So it's d2 or d3? Hee.. ER day counted?

Hi I'm new to this grp and will be doing a fresh IVF cycle next month too. I've done 1 fresh IVF and 1 FET before this but not successful. Hopefully this time it works. Glad to find this grp for some support. :) Anyone continued with prenatal supplements after ET? And whats the diff between long & short protocol? which is better?
Yes can continue the prenatals during 2ww. But just fo what you feel happy with is more important :)

Kymkym, hv u seen a tcm? Red date tea is not always suitable for everyone. And each person's body is different and may need something different. Some do yoga, fertility massages, reiki, as alternatives to tcm.

Re caffiene, my opinion is it depends on the quality of tea and coffee you take and how much you consume. But avoiding or cutting down is of coz better.

Also lots of exercise and fresh fruits and veg.

I believe Dr Loh was being honest when he said he could not explain why the procedure was not successful. Very often no one knows the exact cause of a treatment failing, and there could be multiple possible causes in theory. You'd have to do detailed testing to narrow down on the most likely cause(s), and even that is usually only a probability, not a certainty. Just like when people go for IVF, everything looks promising (good eggs, sperm and embryos, good uterus) but they still BFN and no one knows why the embryos failed to implant. On whether to stay with IUI or move on to IVF, I think the one of the most important deciding factors should be your age, i.e. woman's age. If you're nearing or past 35, you should go for IVF to save time as it generally has higher chance of success than IUI. Then it's followed by other existing medical conditions, such as PCOS etc. that may cause you to stand a better chance with IVF. You should also consider your financial circumstances. If you do IVF, do you want to stick with private clinic or are you okay with government hospital, the latter in which you can enjoy government subsidies for the treatments and drugs if you/your spouse is a citizen/PR. You can ask the gynae straight up for their opinion on what they think the next best step for you should be, and the reasons.

I agreed with Archie. It's best to seek the doctor's opinion. They know all the report best.

Whmc, tomorrow will be a good day for u ok!! Man just like to act cool, don't worry he is probably trying not to make u nervous.

Sinseh #1: 1.5 yrs
Now I feel I totally wasted my time on her cos I gong-gong believe her though my condition didn't improve.
Stopped then did 4 IUIs

Sinseh #2: 2 months
Her expensive meds made my cycle v long (34days) so no thanks.

Sinseh #3: 9 months
My condition still same, sinseh finally said mayb it's my genes.
So that's it... Stopped then straight to IVF.

I only haven't tried accupuncture.
Anyone thinks TCM still got hope for me after reading this?
rememberRainbow dun give up hope.

I seen
Sinseh #1: 1.5yrs (brew medicine, TSB)
Sinseh #2: 6mths (brew medicine. super ex..sob..sob)
Sinseh #3: 1.5yrs (powder mix w acupuncture Dr Tan at clementi)
I did keyhole surgery to remove fybriod, 5 iuis, 1 fresh and conceived my boy via first FET. He is 10mth old now.
Juz did my 2nd fresh, currently at 2ww. result not that good as only 1 embryo survived the thaw out of 4... but I try to be positive...
lets jiayou together :)

Good luck! Waiting to collect yr baby dust :)

Your hubby is thinking for you, my dear. It's not that he doesn't care. He doesn't want to bring hopes to you. He knows you will be upset if he is being too enthusiastic, if fail (choy), he may make you feel more upset. You can sit down and talk to your hubby. He will say the same thing as I said. The person who suffers the most in this process, be it fertility treatment or labour, is always the female, the wife, the mother who feels tired. Initially I thought my hubby didn't care. We sat down and talked it out. He knows I'm tired and feel pain after acupuncture, he did all the housework, cooking, and bathing the dog.

So you don't worry too much, ok?

dun think too much. could be is not that he is not care, just dun want to put in too much hope and stress you..

Kymkym, hv u seen a tcm? Red date tea is not always suitable for everyone. And each person's body is different and may need something different. Some do yoga, fertility massages, reiki, as alternatives to tcm.

Re caffiene, my opinion is it depends on the quality of tea and coffee you take and how much you consume. But avoiding or cutting down is of coz better.

Also lots of exercise and fresh fruits and veg.
tried tcm on the first try, this time round not continuing as my hb dun trust them anymore due to failed first try. been trying to cut down to 1 cup of coffee and 1 cup of tea per day. i will try to increase plain water intake if that is helpful too...usually i dun drink beyond 3 cups of water per day...

Thanks all!

Yah I would rather think he does care...maybe i am thinking otherwise becos of this 2ww. I havent stepped out of house for whole 2 weeks!

I will still try to be positive. Hope i can sleep tonight. :)

tried tcm on the first try, this time round not continuing as my hb dun trust them anymore due to failed first try. been trying to cut down to 1 cup of coffee and 1 cup of tea per day. i will try to increase plain water intake if that is helpful too...usually i dun drink beyond 3 cups of water per day...

How long were you taking TCM before your first try? For many people, TCM takes a rather long time to take effect. Just like with IVF, most of the time the first try will be a failure, but with every try your chance of success may improve. To test the effectiveness of TCM just based on the duration of one cycle (one month?) seems a bit too short to me.

Better if you can cut down to either 1 cup of coffee or 1 cup of tea per day, instead of 1 cup + 1 cup. And avoid coffee/tea that has strong caffeine content.

Hi girls
Can I ask anyone has v bloated tummy after failed ivf? I dont know is it cos I ate too much Cos my tummy is v bloated. Much bloated than usual …haha
I think it was all the injections! Takes time for the drugs to be flushed out from the body completely!
My stomach was very very bloated too till clothes dun fit well!

Hey I feel no symptom is good sign in itself! Good luck! Waiting to collect ur bb dust!

Im just done my ER on Monday. 10 eggs only.... Tmrw (Wed) is my ET. Not sure why so few as the scan shows quite a lot about 20. Maybe KKH should ER one day later. Then again my biggest on 8th day was 16.5mm. Think they cant wait already.

I feel my tummy like quite heavy after ER. dunno why. but dont feel bloates.

Labbitz are we on the same day for ET?

Last edited:
Im just done my ER on Monday. 10 eggs only.... Tmrw (Wed) is my ET. Not sure why so few as the scan shows quite a lot about 20. Maybe KKH should ER one day later. Then again my biggest on 8th day was 16.5mm. Think they cant wait already.

I think i read somewhere before that the scan shows follicles but may not necessarily contain anything. Some maybe just water.

Mrs_tann: did they retrieve only 10 eggs from 20 follicles, or 10 mature eggs? yes, not every follicle has eggs. But 10 is a very good number.

Congrats on the 10 eggs! Don't worry about it, I only retrieve 8 eggs.
Mine was done last week. Same as your sequence ER (mon) and ET (wed).
I also don't feel bloated yet stomach big big... =)

worried cos my fertilisation rate was 3/20. just hope they dont call me to tell me its cancelled due to no eggs fertilised..

Back