IVF/ICSI Support Group

Oh you're on long cycle. I'm wondering day7 of stim is the same for both long and short protocol?

What's your average eggie size as per yesterday scan laine?

And I'm curious...your ivf is with kkh or sfLoh?

hi all..my dr suggested me to take immunocal to improve eggs quality. ...read that its hard to dissolve. ..he mentioned to buy an automatic stirrer....any one has drank it before? what would you recommend? thanks!

Oh you're on long cycle. I'm wondering day7 of stim is the same for both long and short protocol?

What's your average eggie size as per yesterday scan laine?

And I'm curious...your ivf is with kkh or sfLoh?
Mmm slightly slow cos of the suppression. But compared to my previous cycle, this is very slow. Last time I trigger after 10days of stim...
Yest was a spread of sizes...between 10.5 to 5mm..but most are like 7-5mm...
Im with kkh but went to do intralipid with dr loh yest so he asked abt my scan.

hi all..my dr suggested me to take immunocal to improve eggs quality. ...read that its hard to dissolve. ..he mentioned to buy an automatic stirrer....any one has drank it before? what would you recommend? thanks!
eh I stir with chopstick, ok leh. Got a few small lumps but generally ok. Cannot pour in too much liquid, just two soup spoon full to stir/beat into a paste like mixture den add more liquid. :)

Laine was about to ask if you're on saizen too. I think it helps me this round with better growth of my eggs.

Hi Ladies,

I'm very new here and here's a tad detail of my TTC Journey.

2009 : Married
2011 : Ectopic Pregnancy (Given Methotrexate) - Natural
2012 : Ectopic Pregnancy (Given Methotrexate) - Natural
2013 : Ectopic Pregnancy (Right Tube Removed) - Natural
2014 : Failed Fresh IVF In Jan (1st IVF)
2014 : Failed FET In March

*With KKH Dr Sadhana

Next scheduled Uterus Scraping & 2nd round of Fresh IVF will be in Sept 2014.

Maybe you success IVF sisters can share some tips with me?

Acupunture? (Where)
Diet?
What to do and what not to do before ER, after ET?

Thanks in advance :)

Ya.. agree.. it has help me to get more quality embryo.
Hi how do you derive that saizen gives you more quality eggs?

Ok my first fresh I didn't have it and all my embies are cultured to blasto. Kkh doesn't grade blasto.

This 2nd fresh I forgo the culture. I have 8 embies of day 2 which are 2 of grade 3 and the rest are grade 4.

I have nothing to compare with on the saizen part in terms of quality. I only can say saizen helps me in the growth of the eggs.

So wondering how was it for your case. Thanks.

My first fresh gotten 8 fertilized over 11, 2nd only 2-4 fertilized out of 8.. This time with saizen 9 fertilized out of 11.. 8 usable.. More than half grade 4.. Base on percentage, I think it help in the growth and quality.. But of course, I have do all kinds of stuff this time round too.. Maybe those contribute too.

Lilmermaid, oh must be an emo turmoil on your ectopic :( Hugs.

I'm with Dr Sadhana on 2nd fresh now. On 2ww.

What did she say about the possibility of your failed attempts? Did she say what she will do for you next to up your chance?

Hi Ladies,

*With KKH Dr Sadhana

Acupunture? (Where)
Diet?

I have a friend also encountered multiple ectopic pregnancy. :(

She then tried fresh and failed too

she managed to succeed on 2nd fresh and will giving birth this Nov.

So have faith!

Lilmermaid, oh must be an emo turmoil on your ectopic :( Hugs.

I'm with Dr Sadhana on 2nd fresh now. On 2ww.

What did she say about the possibility of your failed attempts? Did she say what she will do for you next to up your chance?
The first pregnancy which ended in ectopic was a big blow for me. 2nd and 3rd not so bad. But when I failed my FET, i had major breakdown that I had to go for counselling.

Dr Sadhana i still have high chances to have a successful pregnancy.
Shes planning to do a full blast flr my next cycle.

My first fresh and fet I did a 2 day transfer.

I hope this time around it will work for me. I'm trying to do everything I can to have a successful pregnancy.

Do you go for acupuncture? What's your take on it? Advisable?

Anyway, enjoy ur 2ww and I pray all success for u.

Sticky baby dust to u!

Marilyn

The first pregnancy which ended in ectopic was a big blow for me. 2nd and 3rd not so bad. But when I failed my FET, i had major breakdown that I had to go for counselling.

Dr Sadhana i still have high chances to have a successful pregnancy.
Shes planning to do a full blast flr my next cycle.

My first fresh and fet I did a 2 day transfer.

I hope this time around it will work for me. I'm trying to do everything I can to have a successful pregnancy.

Do you go for acupuncture? What's your take on it? Advisable?

Anyway, enjoy ur 2ww and I pray all success for u.

Sticky baby dust to u!

Marilyn
My last fresh was blasto with no frosties. This time I'm doing day2. Have frosties.

I used to do acupuncture. But ever since I started ivf, I've no interest to continue unlike other ladies here who believe acupuncture helps. That's just my preference. Importantly do what you're comfortable with.

Thanks and all the best to you too.

Irisy i think you don't need frosties :)

Dramaqueenie this is your first ivf right? Enjoy the process. *wink* How many eggs are you yielding?

The internet has 1001 things that we "can't eat". And sometimes my FB also flashes things like "10 foods you shouldn't touch". Haha too many la. Read them with a pinch of salt. I have been taking brazil nuts for years as snacks or on my cereal. I feel totally fine.

Yup yup, first ivf, actually I'm not there yet. My day surgery - hysteoscopy was carried out to see if there r any small lesions not seen during my SIS scan earlier. And to remove e scarring if any. Gd news is that there were no scarrings despite my previous csects and all looks normal. Was toldi had to be sedated if i doing ET!
So one is not usu sedated?

Anyhow, am currently warded at kkh due to slight infection that sets in. Will be discharged later tdy.

@redvel, sorry if this has bn asked to death... where to buy brazil nuts. Cant seemed to find it in local supermarkets. TIA

Your scan result sounds perfect. Yikes how come must be sedated for ET? Did doc say why? Maybe it's needed for special cases I don't know. You're doing ivf in kkh?

Oh no. Hope you're all well by now. Take lotsa orange juice to build up immunity ya.

Hahaha no worries...brazil nuts is conveniently found in cold storage. There are other places like fu lu shou, Tanglin Mall (organic shop), or even most organic shops you can come across.

Your scan result sounds perfect. Yikes how come must be sedated for ET? Did doc say why? Maybe it's needed for special cases I don't know. You're doing ivf in kkh?

Oh no. Hope you're all well by now. Take lotsa orange juice to build up immunity ya.

Hahaha no worries...brazil nuts is conveniently found in cold storage. There are other places like fu lu shou, Tanglin Mall (organic shop), or even most organic shops you can come across.

Redvel, thanks for sharing... so i can get them from cold storage?! couldn't find them in ntuc, giant n shen shiong. Lol
i think my sedation has prob got to do with my high riding cervix. My SIS scan failed previously cos it was indicated technically difficult due to limitations in view as a result of high riding cervix which they think its caused by my previous csects. And i din do any postnatal massage before so my cervix remained higher n higher after each csect bah

Confirmed can't find brazil nuts at those you went. ..They are quite Ang mor nuts lol.

Look out for organic section in cold storage.

Can I know why cervix can move higher after a c sect?

@redvel, was told its normal for cervix to move up after a csect.
Usu for my case, this can result in alot of angst in early pregnancy becos usu they cant locate e pregnancy sac n i would be told it was ectopic etc. But e bhcg would show that my hcg levels are still doubling nicely then they start to give me crap like it was blighted ovum etc. Went thru wks of rollercoaster emotions. This is mainly becos during early wks, transabdominal scan cant see e sac and transvaginal scan cant locate it. Speaking for myself only. Most ppl shd hv no issues detecting e sac

Janices, may i know immunoccal get from where? So if we take immunoccal then no need to eat half boiled eggs alr right. I find half boiled eggs er xin leh, really no idea how to stomach it :(
To be honest this cycle I've been very lazy to take immunocal and egg whites. But my last cycle that I bfp I took immunocal everyday and throughout my cycle and pregnancy I never fell sick! You can buy from OG or order from the distributor directly. Order from distributor you need minimum 2 boxes and they will deliver to you free usually the next day depending the time you call them. Fung & Goh 62818229

Confirmed can't find brazil nuts at those you went. ..They are quite Ang mor nuts lol.

Look out for organic section in cold storage.

Can I know why cervix can move higher after a c sect?
Redvel, try holland & Barrett. Last time I bought from there.

Last edited:
To be honest this cycle I've been very lazy to take immunocal and egg whites. But my last cycle that I bfp I took immunocal everyday and throughout my cycle and pregnancy I never fell sick! You can buy from OG or order from the distributor directly. Order from distributor you need minimum 2 boxes and they will deliver to you free usually the next day depending the time you call them. Fung & Goh 62818229

Thanks for sharing !
Usu how many boxes required? When is this supposed to be taken? From stim onwards or from ER onwards? Need to take during 2ww also right.
how many pkts in a box and costs? TIA

Can I check how much is this immunocal?

Thanks for sharing !
Usu how many boxes required? When is this supposed to be taken? From stim onwards or from ER onwards? Need to take during 2ww also right.
I started way b4 my cycle n take 1 everyday. There are 30 pkts cost $106 per box. I'm still taking but on n off...

Thanks for sharing !

you can start taking from suppression stage onwards, can start with 1 pack a day then during stim stage increase to 2 packs a day. it helps with bloatedness too. alternatively u can drink protein drink too

5 of my better grades embryos will be frozen. The other 2 in incubator, if become blastocyst then they will freeze as well. Hopefully the other 2 will survive :)

@lil_mermaid, very sorry to hear abt what u had gone thru

Am sad that some sisters hv to go thru an emotionally volatile journey to hv a bb they call their own. I mean motherhood is such a beautiful thing which ought to be entitled to all women who yearned so. Why do some hv it easy while others hv it hard? I sincerely hope everyone here will succeed.

Honestly before i became a mom, i din really like kids. My first born is also one of those super demanding n high needs bb. It was pretty trying moments in her first few mths but i soon learnt to appreciate all e joys she brought to all of us n quickly decided this wasn't too bad after all.

Jiayou everyone, here's praying mother stock will visit all of us with bundle of joy

I thought we cannot take too much soy products? I know soya will harden the egg shells. I avoid soya beans during this time

Hi Ladies,

*With KKH Dr Sadhana

Acupunture? (Where)
Diet?

lil_mermaid, omg, u've been through so much! *hugz*
For acupuncture, most of the ladies here do at dr zou in amk. There r quite a few ard e.g. raffles hospital etc. Im doing at rochor centre with my tcm dr.
For diet, generally try to avoid cold and raw food. I make it a point to avoid liang vege like cucumber too but it dpds on your body composition whether it is liang or heaty.
As for wat to do and what not to do after er and et, mmm, I've been following the to-do list oso nv strike...I guess it's really fate. My fren on birth control pill can even strike leh...whats ours will be ours, its a matter of time. Be strong and have faith that we will hold our baby in our arms one day! :)

Back