(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

including room charge ? Shld be around there for natural . If c sect and auspicious hr then add some more lor

Those #2 or 3 kiddo mummy do we need to arrange the pd ourselve or just tell gynae and they will liaise with pd har ? My 1st one was impromptu selected while on op table Lolz so they call the pd down

For my first 2, The PD is arranged by the hospital, usually those in house PD they have.

I apply my own moisturizer at night, works well. After bath in the day, I apply bio oil.. But sometimes when comes to the late afternoon, I think no moisture Liao. Starts to itch... But after scratching, quite shiok le.. Lol...
I bought this neoderm stretchmark cream, have not try yet. Will use after finish my bio oil. What Brand use?
I rem my last or first pregnancy, I use Elancyl ( don't right spelling), don't suits me. Make me more itch..

Wah so fast absorb?
I only apply twice a day. Once in the morning once at night.

I am using clarins stretch mark cream and Shea butter from cocoa Palmer.

But I prefer clarins. Non sticky and oily

Can let the hosp PD check already, then after discharge go to your "regular" PD?
The one they posted for my ger... Have to go review at his tiong bahru clinic... Very far... So u mean I should just do the review with my ger regular pd post delivery? Hmmmm

(Hospital only) For my case, giving birth at TMC, I may go for 4 bedded, c section w ligation will be around $3k incl GST,and normal procedures and items used by docs. Not inclu complication and extended stay.

(Doctor fee) - for gynae, I'm repeated c section so range from $2800-$4000. Fees exclud doc's labour management fees( $250-500), emergency and attendance fees for daily hospital visit ($100-$500 per day)

Above exclude PD fees ($400 and above for 4 days ) and exclude c section anaethesia $550-$1000

If I will to choose date and time for c section which doesn't lies on the gynae usual operation date and blockage of Operating theatre, I need to pay additional about $2500.

To summarize, my total will be about $8500... Of which about $4k can claim medisave.

But my ger PD like GP kind leh, how do I ask the pd that if you visit newborn in hosp?

Huh? U din choose your own pd for your gal?

I chose mine last mine so handled by gynae but I just wonder that is the procedure do we parent contact pd or gynae do it

I apply my own moisturizer at night, works well. After bath in the day, I apply bio oil.. But sometimes when comes to the late afternoon, I think no moisture Liao. Starts to itch... But after scratching, quite shiok le.. Lol...
I bought this neoderm stretchmark cream, have not try yet. Will use after finish my bio oil. What Brand use?
I rem my last or first pregnancy, I use Elancyl ( don't right spelling), don't suits me. Make me more itch..

I use Palmer's cocoa butter. Smells really nice and absorbs well into the skin.

I
The one they posted for my ger... Have to go review at his tiong bahru clinic... Very far... So u mean I should just do the review with my ger regular pd post delivery? Hmmmm
Is the tiong bahru PD u referring to is the one next to tiong bahru plaza or the one moved to below a void deck, a guy but soft PD? Hee..

For me, I use the hospital PD whoever allocate to me, then after discharge I went to poly clinic for the first jab. That's for my 2nd child..
My first child I went back to the PD that review my girl during the stay at TMC, after 1 visit I gave up cos super long waiting time and queue. The clinic so crowded that people got to stand outside. Then I switch to the one at tiong bahru.. After w him for few visits, I went poly clinic for jabs and vaccinations. So much cheaper, some are free.
Touch wood, my first 2 seldom fall sick when bb time so don't need to visit PD.

If the bb need different attention, no choice go PD.. But purely for check up and vaccine, I think poly clinic do the same.

Have u all start to itch around your tummy area?
I can feel the itchy, can't resist to scratch it.. Though there are some stretch marks exist from my past pregnancy but I don't want any new one...
I have not start to itch yet. .

But i had lots of stretch marks from past pregnancy which are faded at first but now very obvious ...

n my son always like to flip up my shirt to sayang baby... n he suddenly commented yesterday eeee mummy why ur stomach so ugly !! N he cover it back immediately n run away zzzzz ....

I told him he has a part in it but guess he dun understand at this age

ImageUploadedByForum1406697712.578205.jpg
lunch

I have not start to itch yet. .

But i had lots of stretch marks from past pregnancy which are faded at first but now very obvious ...

n my son always like to flip up my shirt to sayang baby... n he suddenly commented yesterday eeee mummy why ur stomach so ugly !! N he cover it back immediately n run away zzzzz ....

I told him he has a part in it but guess he dun understand at this age

Haha... Kids are so cute.. They just talk direct.
My stomach stretchmark are not as much as my buttocks and tighs. Even below/ back my knee area have a lot.. So obvious..
I put on a lot for my first and all expanded from below my tummy onwards... My pants from XS to M/L now. So all stretch mark concentrate around there..

I

Is the tiong bahru PD u referring to is the one next to tiong bahru plaza or the one moved to below a void deck, a guy but soft PD? Hee..

For me, I use the hospital PD whoever allocate to me, then after discharge I went to poly clinic for the first jab. That's for my 2nd child..
My first child I went back to the PD that review my girl during the stay at TMC, after 1 visit I gave up cos super long waiting time and queue. The clinic so crowded that people got to stand outside. Then I switch to the one at tiong bahru.. After w him for few visits, I went poly clinic for jabs and vaccinations. So much cheaper, some are free.
Touch wood, my first 2 seldom fall sick when bb time so don't need to visit PD.

If the bb need different attention, no choice go PD.. But purely for check up and vaccine, I think poly clinic do the same.
His clinic is opp tiong bahru plaza, under the hdb block

Wah so fast absorb?
I only apply twice a day. Once in the morning once at night.

I am using clarins stretch mark cream and Shea butter from cocoa Palmer.

But I prefer clarins. Non sticky and oily

I like the cocoa Palmer tester I got last year.. Spray type. For lazy bumps like me it's perfect

I thnk you should use own moisturiser for day and one specially for stretch marks at night instead. For #2 i used Bio Oil too. I am feeling itchy now too. This time i am using Gaia Belly Butter. And i love it. Can keep mosturised till i go and bathe the next day.

Haha... Kids are so cute.. They just talk direct.
My stomach stretchmark are not as much as my buttocks and tighs. Even below/ back my knee area have a lot.. So obvious..
I put on a lot for my first and all expanded from below my tummy onwards... My pants from XS to M/L now. So all stretch mark concentrate around there..
Wah xs to m/l
I already from m to Xxl Lolz

I thnk you should use own moisturiser for day and one specially for stretch marks at night instead. For #2 i used Bio Oil too. I am feeling itchy now too. This time i am using Gaia Belly Butter. And i love it. Can keep mosturised till i go and bathe the next day.

I like Gaia too. Love their own range of stuff. Smells very nice.

Mothercare stretch mark cream also v. Nice. I gave my mom my leftovers last pregnancy and she finished the whole tube during her last holiday. For dry skin not stretch marks hhaha

Oh anyone gg to donate their cord blood got details to share?

I banked the first two. Should b insurance enough...

I like Gaia too. Love their own range of stuff. Smells very nice.

Mothercare stretch mark cream also v. Nice. I gave my mom my leftovers last pregnancy and she finished the whole tube during her last holiday. For dry skin not stretch marks hhaha

Yes! :D I am a fan of Gaia. My kids are all using Gaia products. :)

Haha.. Mothercare brand is nice too. The smell not too overpowering like mustela stretch marks cream.

Yes! :D I am a fan of Gaia. My kids are all using Gaia products. :)

Haha.. Mothercare brand is nice too. The smell not too overpowering like mustela stretch marks cream.

Can I ask something? I notice nowadays there is a tendency to use these brands like Mustela, Gaia, California Baby etc. What's the appeal or these brands vs the good ol' Johnson, Kodomo etc???

anybody know any shops where I can buy maternity clothes (not online)? Somewhere affordable.

I bought mine from Spring Maternity. I try to get maternity cum nursing wear so i can still use after birth. The rest of my maternity wear are mainly leggings with stretchy tunics or dress tops from cotton on, dorothy perkins or h&m. So far i have no issues wearing these normal stretchy clothings at full term.

Can I ask something? I notice nowadays there is a tendency to use these brands like Mustela, Gaia, California Baby etc. What's the appeal or these brands vs the good ol' Johnson, Kodomo etc???

Happen that I just happen to have the testers or buy from other moms those brands. Also use kodomo for bottle liquid wash n Johnson for shampoo. But really like Gaia too. Smells great n don't feel too soapy. My #2 got eczema cannot take soaps that r too harsh

Thanks everyone for your suggestions..will buy pants from shop..quite particular about pants..tops can
I bought mine from Spring Maternity. I try to get maternity cum nursing wear so i can still use after birth. The rest of my maternity wear are mainly leggings with stretchy tunics or dress tops from cotton on, dorothy perkins or h&m. So far i have no issues wearing these normal stretchy clothings at full term.

That's smart! Will buy maternity cum nursing tops also! :)

i'm wearing those normal leggings since still can fit. for the waistline, u wear below yr tummy or above?

There is a huge difference in terms of ingredients. Those johnson and kodomo products contain chemicals such as Sodium Laureth Sulphate(SLS), formadelyde, fragrance and all sorts of chemicals which are said to be carcinogenic. It may cause adverse reactions such as dermatitis, cancer or even developmental issues to some people. But the debate remains controversial. There is currently insufficient scientific evidence to support this fact. So to play safe many parents switch to all natural products free from these chemicals. But johnson did make a pledge to remove all these chemicals in their products in the near future.

My girl had unknown rashes ever since she was a baby. I was using kodomo for her at that time. The rash eventually led to eczema when she had a seafood allergy at two years old. So i made the switch to California Baby and her rash was gone from then on! My boy used sebamed from birth but he also developed eczema at three months old. I made the switch to Gaia baby products and his skin was normal ever since. So we still stick to Gaia even though they are quite big already.

It's a personal choice i guess! If baby seems fine with johnson and mummy doesn't feel affected by all the news then no harm to continue using. If they are really proven to be harmful then i am sure our government wouldn't allow those products to be on sale anymore.

JTS. It all started with articles such as this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/01/johnson-johnson-baby-sham_n_1069123.html

Last edited:

Back