IVF with KKH (Dr Matthew Lau)

Congrats cheerywalnut! Can share what you did for this cycle?? Thanks!
Hi sarah2012, I did what most of the ladies did here :D

Simulation period
1. Half boiled Eggwhites (8 per day)
2. Red date longan wolfberries drink
3. Red bean soup (2 times a wk)
4. Chicken essence

After ER till end of tww
1. Hard boiled Eggwhites (2 per day but stop after 2 days ET, cos very sick of it)
2. Durian (2-3 seeds daily)
3. Brazil nuts (5 daily)
4. Chicken essence
5. Drank red bean soup once a wk
6. Craved for strong flavored food like spicy and sour stuff after ET

Hope it helps :)

Sumiko83, how's ur bloatness so far? Some updates from the advises from the dr.
If u feel extreme pain in chest & abdominal, go to the o&g clinic.
But if just bloated, even if u like to be admitted they may not drain the fluid out unless it's very serious case. They will just let u bed rest at Ward just like at home.
Usually the bloatness will go away in a week :) jiayou!

Sumiko83, how's ur bloatness so far? Some updates from the advises from the dr.
If u feel extreme pain in chest & abdominal, go to the o&g clinic.
But if just bloated, even if u like to be admitted they may not drain the fluid out unless it's very serious case. They will just let u bed rest at Ward just like at home.
Usually the bloatness will go away in a week :) jiayou!
Still bad.. I can feel the fluid pressure on my chest when I'm lying down. Got worse if lie on my left side. I shall monitor how it goes. Maybe wait for hubby to offwk and go after dinner.

Still bad.. I can feel the fluid pressure on my chest when I'm lying down. Got worse if lie on my left side. I shall monitor how it goes. Maybe wait for hubby to offwk and go after dinner.
If u feel the fluid at yr chest must go o&g immediately.
I feel very uncomfortable to lie down. Have to stack pillows at the back to sitting position in order to sleep

If u feel the fluid at yr chest must go o&g immediately.
I feel very uncomfortable to lie down. Have to stack pillows at the back to sitting position in order to sleep
Yep I'm gg over soon. Hope they won't do any tests that's harmful to my beanie. :( I would rather be warded to have a thorough check so that my mind can be at ease.

Yep I'm gg over soon. Hope they won't do any tests that's harmful to my beanie. :( I would rather be warded to have a thorough check so that my mind can be at ease.
Don't worry too much k. Everything will be fine. I think they will just do blood test and hcg test too :)

I'm now at the 24hr clinic. Did an ecg test, urine test and blood test. Ecg seems normal. Need to wait 1.5hr for the blood test result. It's to check for ohss. Today is alrd 10dp5dt but the doc doesn't want to a beta test. She said it's not gg to be accurate. :(
Doc also said my tummy is not that bloated to consider a severe ohss. A serious case will be laying a finger on the tummy will cause pain. I think that's too late to see a doc.

I'm now at the 24hr clinic. Did an ecg test, urine test and blood test. Ecg seems normal. Need to wait 1.5hr for the blood test result. It's to check for ohss. Today is alrd 10dp5dt but the doc doesn't want to a beta test. She said it's not gg to be accurate. :(
Doc also said my tummy is not that bloated to consider a severe ohss. A serious case will be laying a finger on the tummy will cause pain. I think that's too late to see a doc.
Urine test for pregnancy? I did hpt yesterday and it showed pregnant so I told the nurse today too abt the test and requested to wait for results as I do not want to travel up & down with the bloated tummy.

Yap tt's wat dr told me today too. They will observe base on pain & if u can complete a full sentence conversation to see if u are breathless. Dr said severe case then they will drain the fluid and will feel extreme pain on both chest and tummy. Told me tt it may bloat further but did comment tt mine was tight with alot of fluid inside but I dun feel the pain just discomfort due to the overstretch. I asked will it burst or affect beanie he said not to worry it wun. Will go off slowly.
I saw the test results on ohss the reading they compared with the one taken on ET.

Urine test for pregnancy? I did hpt yesterday and it showed pregnant so I told the nurse today too abt the test and requested to wait for results as I do not want to travel up & down with the bloated tummy.

Yap tt's wat dr told me today too. They will observe base on pain & if u can complete a full sentence conversation to see if u are breathless. Dr said severe case then they will drain the fluid and will feel extreme pain on both chest and tummy. Told me tt it may bloat further but did comment tt mine was tight with alot of fluid inside but I dun feel the pain just discomfort due to the overstretch. I asked will it burst or affect beanie he said not to worry it wun. Will go off slowly.
I saw the test results on ohss the reading they compared with the one taken on ET.
Not sure what's the urine test for.. since she said it's still early to do beta test now.

Hi ladies.. I'm back home. Urine test normal no uti. Blood test shows I've mild ohss, am slight dehydrated. Doc said I can choose to go home or get warded. I went home. Was given 2 med to relief gastro problems.

Then was awaken by sharp pain on my abdomen. I tot I was like gg to die. So pain tt I couldn't even lift my hand. After awhile, back to normal and went toilet to clear bowel. Think shld be the wind.

Am feeling terrible now. But the tot of having ohss now may indicate tt I'm bfp force me to swallow bkft and continue with my inserts. Not giving up. I'm sure my beanie is still with me. Have faith.. fighting..

Last edited:
Hi ladies.. I'm back home. Urine test normal no uti. Blood test shows I've mild ohss, am slight dehydrated. Doc said I can choose to go home or get warded. I went home. Was given 2 med to relief gastro problems.

Then was awaken by sharp pain on my abdomen. I tot I was like gg to die. So pain tt I couldn't even lift my hand. After awhile, back to normal and went toilet to clear bowel. Think shld be the wind.

Am feeling terrible now. But the tot of having ohss now may indicate tt I'm bfp force me to swallow bkft and continue with my inserts. Not giving up. I'm sure my beanie is still with me. Have faith.. fighting..
Sumiko83, u can do it! Was the meds magnesium carbonate? I took once yesterday. Dr say take when necessary.
Yap ohss is a good sign of bfp! I was told tt I experienced 2nd wave of ohss. Clearing bowels and urine will let u feel better :) drink more isotonic drinks. It helps. I switched to gatorade instead of water since. Only drink 1-2 glass of plain water and 2-3 bottles of 590ml lemon lime gatorade per day.
Just 3 more days! Jiayou! Fighting!

Sumiko83, are u feeling better today?
Gd morn cheerywalnuts. I'm much better last night. Bloatedness still the same. Never get smaller. Same as u, need to lean forward to walk.
I was given 2 med, magnesium carbonate n ranitidine tablets for gastric pain. Last night I pop one tablet and ask my hubby to apply yu yee oil on my back and upper abdomen. No more sharp pain from the wind. But still woke up twice to pee and drink water.

How about u? Any improvement?

Gd morn cheerywalnuts. I'm much better last night. Bloatedness still the same. Never get smaller. Same as u, need to lean forward to walk.
I was given 2 med, magnesium carbonate n ranitidine tablets for gastric pain. Last night I pop one tablet and ask my hubby to apply yu yee oil on my back and upper abdomen. No more sharp pain from the wind. But still woke up twice to pee and drink water.

How about u? Any improvement?
I am feeling much better. The bloatness subsided 50% and I can sleep sideways. I applied coconut oil the past few days. Don't have the tight feeling as compared to the full blast.
Endure a little more k. It will go off :) mine started last sat and go into full bloatness from Monday to Thursday. Reduced by 10% on Friday another 20% yesterday.

I am feeling much better. The bloatness subsided 50% and I can sleep sideways. I applied coconut oil the past few days. Don't have the tight feeling as compared to the full blast.
Endure a little more k. It will go off :) mine started last sat and go into full bloatness from Monday to Thursday. Reduced by 10% on Friday another 20% yesterday.
Good to hear that. I still can't sleep sideways. I'm on mc for whole of next week. So won't be gg bk to work. Phew can continue to rest at home.

Good to hear that. I still can't sleep sideways. I'm on mc for whole of next week. So won't be gg bk to work. Phew can continue to rest at home.
Will be tough to work in this condition. Ask for more mc/hl.
On the day of ur blood test, ask the nurse if u can wait for the results so no need to travel up and down as it's very uncomfortable to travel with the bloated tummy. Maybe u can test tmr/tue with hpt before BT then let the nurse know abt the bfp. That's what I did.

Good morning ladies~ hope everyone is doing good...

For me, ms is still going on and off... at least will puke once everyday...

I become very picky on food also... sat night went to have dinner at xin wang cafe at airport. Cos whole day didn't really eat due to ms so i ordered quite a few... end up all eat one or two mouthful and i told hubby, i don't like the taste. haha... He had to finished up the rest for me... realised i don't seems to like pork anymore... prefer chicken...

Gd morn to all.. didn't sleep well last night. As usual bloatedness. Can't lie flat, slept almost seated up. Genital àrea started to swell ytd. A sign of Ohss too. :(

I become very picky on food also... sat night went to have dinner at xin wang cafe at airport. Cos whole day didn't really eat due to ms so i ordered quite a few... end up all eat one or two mouthful and i told hubby, i don't like the taste. haha... He had to finished up the rest for me... realised i don't seems to like pork anymore... prefer chicken...
Meiling, it's not you who doesn't like the taste. It's bb.. lol.. woah all the way to airport?!

Gd morn to all.. didn't sleep well last night. As usual bloatedness. Can't lie flat, slept almost seated up. Genital àrea started to swell ytd. A sign of Ohss too. :(

oh dear... rest well...

Guess today you can hpt also... if you want to...

Maybe eat 4-5 small meals per day instead of the usual 3.
Wah u really travel very far! From West to east! Me too appetite dropped. Always pass the carbo to DH. Hehe

The bad times will be over soon. Jiayou! I only start to feel better after the bt.. dunno is it cos draw out 3 tubes of blood tt day. Tho still bloated but not the extreme. Usually the best feeling is in the morning Least bloatness.. As reaches the evening will feel more bloated, guess due to the food taken in the day.

I have to overlay 2 pillows in order to sleep sideways.

Do u clear ur bowels daily? Any loose bowels? The swelling part painful?

Maybe eat 4-5 small meals per day instead of the usual 3.
Wah u really travel very far! From West to east! Me too appetite dropped. Always pass the carbo to DH. Hehe

haha... i didn't know he wanna go airport in the first place...i just follow blindly. lol.

yup... now i will keep a box of biscuits next to me... read from thread and some recommend this chicken in the biscuits... salty but so far good... started yesterday and now left abit only...

haha... i didn't know he wanna go airport in the first place...i just follow blindly. lol.

yup... now i will keep a box of biscuits next to me... read from thread and some recommend this chicken in the biscuits... salty but so far good... started yesterday and now left abit only...
Seems like chic in biscuits is the best friend for many now :D

The bad times will be over soon. Jiayou! I only start to feel better after the bt.. dunno is it cos draw out 3 tubes of blood tt day. Tho still bloated but not the extreme. Usually the best feeling is in the morning Least bloatness.. As reaches the evening will feel more bloated, guess due to the food taken in the day.

I have to overlay 2 pillows in order to sleep sideways.

Do u clear ur bowels daily? Any loose bowels? The swelling part painful?
Yep. Usually at night is the worst! I will clear my bowels twice early morn. V loose stool. Swelling part not painful, just tight. If I lie down flat, will feel breathless. Hope after tmr will get better. My kids miss me in school.

Sumiko83, are u testing today?
Actually I started testing last thur which is 9dp5dt. :p Got v faint line. Then tested on fri and satd as well. All two lines and getting darker. No more hpt kits at home liao. Can't test today anymore. But i told the results to the 24hr clinic doc but she said not accurate, coz still early.

Yep. Usually at night is the worst! I will clear my bowels twice early morn. V loose stool. Swelling part not painful, just tight. If I lie down flat, will feel breathless. Hope after tmr will get better. My kids miss me in school.

You also miss those kids... but your health more important... rest well and you will go back once you are recovered...

That's good. Dr told me clearing bowels very impt during this period. Loose stools are normal. It's one of the symptom but things will slowly get better. :)

It was terrible for me to lie flat the most comfortable position was to sleep in sitting position with pillows stack at the back.

Now most impt is ur health. Give urself more time to recover from ohss. By end of this week u will be back to ur usual posture ;)

Actually I started testing last thur which is 9dp5dt. :p Got v faint line. Then tested on fri and satd as well. All two lines and getting darker. No more hpt kits at home liao. Can't test today anymore. But i told the results to the 24hr clinic doc but she said not accurate, coz still early.

huh... still not accurate... should be accurate liao mah... the nurse ah...

You also miss those kids... but your health more important... rest well and you will go back once you are recovered...
The kids kept asking their co form tr when I'm gg back. They are gg to the stamp museum tmr and I can't be there with them. :confused:

Getting darker means ur hcg is increasing daily! That's great! Tmr just tell the nurse u tested positive from hpt and suffering from ohss. Go early, best if u are 1st queue. Within 2 hours the results will be out. :D after test go for brekkie & wait @ center. They will call for u once the results out. :D

Yes yes! I think cos it is salty. haha...
At least make me feel better when having ms...

Just now lunch had creamy chicken spaghetti from pasta mania... yummy~~~ lol
I loved it too! Can eat non stop but b last time dun dare to eat much cos of the salt content. Now got the official approval to eat cos eating salty food helps in reducing ohss.

Getting darker means ur hcg is increasing daily! That's great! Tmr just tell the nurse u tested positive from hpt and suffering from ohss. Go early, best if u are 1st queue. Within 2 hours the results will be out. :D after test go for brekkie & wait @ center. They will call for u once the results out. :D

Ok will go early. Guess i need to be on wheelchair. Can't walk fast and far now.
So did u request to see doc on tt day itself? Or u just told the nurse about it?

Ok will go early. Guess i need to be on wheelchair. Can't walk fast and far now.
So did u request to see doc on tt day itself? Or u just told the nurse about it?
Walking was a struggle for me too! Can get wheel chair at o&g clinic.

The nurse actually arranged a MO for me due to my ohss cos dr jerry only at kkh on mon aft & thurs morning. Felt so happy cos she very initiative and can feel her happiness for me that I m preggie.
As for the dr, so far he is the best MO I have seen! He knows the stuff well and can communicates well. Very funny and understanding guy. Saw him a few times walking in & out between clinic d and ivf center b4 but dun know he is a dr. Haha

Haha~ MIL told me not to eat too salty but dun care lah... at least makes us feel better for now. who knows when our taste buds change again and dun like salty anymore...
Haha yap! Are u still taking brazil nuts? I still taking it cos sil bought for me last week :D

Back